Watched the game back today

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I always watch the Ibrox games back as when you are at the game you dont always take everything in for the screaming and shouting, nothing to do with alcohol whatsoever:p

We really where fantastic, so enjoyable to watch.

1st thing i have to say is Docherty was just unreal, box to box, assisted Murphy, broke up play, looked dangerous going forward, just a complete midfield performance and no offence to Holt but if he plays like that most weeks and keeps improving then he is a certain starter for me.

What a player we are going to have, he is still young of course dont want to get too carried away.

Too many good displays to go into them all but the team look very fit, hungry and pace all over the pitch with people like Candeias still as fast at the end of a game as he is at the start. :)

To think we still have Jack, Ross and Dorrans to come back aswell.

Encouraging signs for the future after the last few years.

I watched it again earlier as well.

From around 25 minutes until the final whistle, we were pretty good. There's a real pace and attacking intent in the team, mixed with some quality.

And the attitude is great. Morelos and Windass were not having their best days, but they never stopped moving or looking for the next chance.

There'll be bumps in the road, but it's difficult not to be enthused by the direction we're moving in right now.

I said last night it was some of the best football I’ve seen us play in the top flight for many years - it was that good. We’ve seen flashes in recent weeks - the 4th goal at Hamilton is an example - but yesterday we just sliced them open time and time again, particularly in the full-back areas. Could and should have embarrassed them.

No slacking on a cold Tuesday night in Perth please Rangers; we have to sustain that level of performance from now until the end of the season and who knows where it might take us.

I haven't read much praise for Declan John yesterday.

I thought he was fantastic.
The way he can pick the ball up deep into his own half and advance fifty or more yards with ease is a great asset to have.

We have the best two attacking full backs in the league.
I agree mate im a huge fan of John i think he is a really good player and love his pace and how he gets us up the park in about 3 seconds

I haven't read much praise for Declan John yesterday.

I thought he was fantastic.
The way he can pick the ball up deep into his own half and advance fifty or more yards with ease is a great asset to have.

We have the best two attacking full backs in the league.
Declan gets some shit press. If Wallace moves him out of the 1st team I'll be disappointed. Wallace gets my full respect but (perhaps playing through an injury), I thought he has very poor for a very long time before he went out of the squad.

ha ha its nothing just a wee cut, will get a proper bandage out my work tomorrow.
That wee trick of pretending to hurt yourself at work for a claim, I’m more than happy to tell the investigator that I never saw you falling or me and others nearly pishing ourselves at you playing The Scott Sinclair game.

We played really well for most of the game yesterday apart from a spell of maybe 10 mins in the first half when Hearts made some good chances and had a fair bit of the ball. It was still a bit nervy for me though, in a game where we could easily have won 4 or 5 nil it took until the last couple of minutes before we made sure of the result. Docherty, Murphy and Goss were the standouts for me but nobody had a bad game. One thing that stood out for me watching the game back was the togetherness of the squad and the celebrations at both goals, I never noticed at the game but the passion showed by the players during the celebrations is a joy to see, absolutely brilliant.

Murphy and dj down the left, tav and candeias down the right, must be a nightmare to.play against.

I always watch the Ibrox games back as when you are at the game you dont always take everything in for the screaming and shouting, nothing to do with alcohol whatsoever:p

We really where fantastic, so enjoyable to watch.

1st thing i have to say is Docherty was just unreal, box to box, assisted Murphy, broke up play, looked dangerous going forward, just a complete midfield performance and no offence to Holt but if he plays like that most weeks and keeps improving then he is a certain starter for me.

What a player we are going to have, he is still young of course dont want to get too carried away.

Too many good displays to go into them all but the team look very fit, hungry and pace all over the pitch with people like Candeias still as fast at the end of a game as he is at the start. :)

To think we still have Jack, Ross and Dorrans to come back aswell.

Encouraging signs for the future after the last few years.

Someone needs to show Caixinha/Peña what a box to box midfielder actually does.

Likewise always watch the game again next day and got to agree we were very good.

Our front 4 and our full backs really are a terrific attacking force.

Goss and Docherty totally ran the midfield and both were superb.

I always watch the game at midnight on Rangers TV and on this occasion I again looked at the game again this morning, after all the shit we have come thru these past five/six years I just want to revel in the best football we have produced in years.

Back