Watching RangersTV on a smart TV

I used to connect from my laptop by HDMI cable but now I have an LG smart tv.
The internet connecting through the tv's web browser was buffering, so I tried casting from my iPhone to the tv worked a treat just google the tv model you have about casting it should work no probs.

I tried to do this previously but it was only giving me the option to cast to my girlfriends iPhone. It wasn’t giving me the option to do the tv.
If you have a Samsung TV you can download the Samsung TV cast app onto both your phone and your TV.
It takes a bit of an effort and you have to watch a YouTube video to see how to download the app onto the TV and cast from the phone but it is worth it.
I am a bit of a Luddite but persevered and now manage to do it all quite easily.
I would practice today as much as you can and it may be frustrating but it will be worth it if you are able to get it sorted.
Good luck buddy.

Alright. So the issue is the casting rather than playing the test stream, clearly.

I'm stuck after the advice I've given you as I don't do casting @Jenny.

C'mon guys, can anybody give the lady some advice on casting from an iPhone to a SmartTV.
can't test this out for u... I'm android. But it looks the business

[

Thank again. I do have an RTV subscription just the £6 one though. I bought the game for £10 , rather than the 3 match game. It's doing everything you said when I go to fixtures etc and playing the Aberdeen game on my phone no problems but it's not casting to my TV? Just coming up a blue screen with unknown track on it.

I have logged onto my LG browser it's a bit fiddly but that works. Just thought it would have been easier casting from phone.

Dunno if you want to try this @Jenny. Involves downloading an App from the Apple App Store to facilitate the casting. Its called Video and TV Cast (make sure you get the one for LG televisions). I'd maybe be tempted to stick with the tv browser for tomorrow then play around with this before Wednesday if you fancy trying it.

• Find Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV and then launch it on your iPhone
  • Launch “TV cast” on your TV. Be sure your iPhone and LG TV are under the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Allow your TV controller to open “LG Content Store” and you can see the same TV & Cast from the right side of the screen.
  • Configure the app on TV by filling the IP address shown on your iPhone.
  • Choose “OK” to connect iPhone to LG.
  • Select a video you want to mirror on your LG TV, tap the link to cast and then you can simply cast your iPhone videos to LG TV. This app supports all major video websites and countless others.

EDIT: Ha ha @Coisty09 beat me to it and @BlueNoseBlueblood has provided an alternative App that does the same thing.

Last edited:
Dunno if you want to try this @Jenny. Involves downloading an App from the Apple App Store to facilitate the casting. Its called Video and TV Cast (make sure you get the one for LG televisions). I'd maybe be tempted to stick with the tv browser for tomorrow then play around with this before Wednesday if you fancy trying it.

• Find Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV and then launch it on your iPhone
  • 2. Launch “TV cast” on your TV. Be sure your iPhone and LG TV are under the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Allow your TV controller to open “LG Content Store” and you can see the same TV & Cast from the right side of the screen.
  • Configure the app on TV by filling the IP address shown on your iPhone.
  • Choose “OK” to connect iPhone to LG.
  • Select a video you want to mirror on your LG TV, tap the link to cast and then you can simply cast your iPhone videos to LG TV. This app supports all major video websites and countless others.

EDIT: Ha ha @Coisty09 beat me to it and @BlueNoseBlueblood has provided an alternative App that does the same thing.
@Valley Bluenose @Jenny The instructions from @Valley Bluenose will be helpful.

If you side load, you can actually put the RangersTV Android app on your TV and watch it that way. International viewers need to run a VPN on their TV as well.

How do I access this through my firestick?
As Valley Bluenose mentioned it's just a case of opening up the Silk browser and going to RTV as if you were on a PC.
You should find the Silk browser is already in place in your apps however just do a search in apps section which will allow you to quickly download it if this is not the case.
Other browsers can be used but I've found Silk the most easy to navigate with and the most stable for Firestick.
Don't worry that the webpage doesn't fit the screen as once you play the stream you'll have the usual Fill screen option at the bottom of the player.
A tip from Valley Bluenose is to click on the cog icon at the bottom right corner and select 1080 rather than auto.If you get buffering bring it down to 720 or lower.

Have an Apple TV hooked up to the telly. Rangers TV app on iPhone and was able to mirror the iPhone display to the Apple TV.

Will see how it goes tomorrow.

When you take a step back, it really shouldn't be complex or troublesome to just watch the game.
I agree, I think from this season onwards well start to see changes on how we access football which Heart & Hand mentioned recently. This can only mean proper setups that you just login with unlike at the moment where we're trying to use a system/infrastructure in a way that it was never really designed for.

Airplay iPhone / iPad to Apple TV is a breeze - it will however require you have a decent internet connection - I have Shaw 300 in BC which works flawlessly - however inlaws with Telus find it a choppy experience

When you take a step back, it really shouldn't be complex or troublesome to just watch the game.

To be fair, now they appear to have solved the problem with Apple devices, logging in and streaming on a desktop, laptop or mobile device - or even a XBox or PS4 - seems a breeze. And thats what the system was designed for. Its when you get to Firesticks or SmartTVs that aren't up to the job that the problems come. True, that wasn't where we were in the first week but 'most' seem sorted now.

Just logged in and redeemed voucher successfully. Trying to view test stream of Aberdeen game on Safari browser on Mac but not working.

I vaguely remember reading about an issue with safari, does anyone know of a fix?

Just logged in and redeemed voucher successfully. Trying to view test stream of Aberdeen game on Safari browser on Mac but not working.

I vaguely remember reading about an issue with safari, does anyone know of a fix?

Not working in what way? You are on the live.rangers.co.uk website? Do you see any club crests?

See OP in this thread:

Not working in what way? You are on the live.Rangers.co.uk website? Do you see any club crests?

See OP in this thread:

Thanks for reply VB, I've just downloaded Chrome onto the Mac and it's now playing the game from last week with no issues. Thanks again mate.

Thanks for reply VB, I've just downloaded Chrome onto the Mac and it's now playing the game from last week with no issues. Thanks again mate.

Was my next suggestion. The wee fix you mentioned was turning off Prevent Cross Site Tracking. No idea on a Mac but on an iPad it is Settings-Safari-turn off Prevent Cross Site Tracking.

Was my next suggestion. The wee fix you mentioned was turning off Prevent Cross Site Tracking. No idea on a Mac but on an iPad it is Settings-Safari-turn off Prevent Cross Site Tracking.
Had no success with the cross site tracking fix so just went with chrome download. Thanks for replies on both threads mate, I'm now on the live.rangers site and it's streaming Leverkusen game no problem, happy days.

Maybe off the original but topic but am I right in saying we can watch on the rangers TV app tomorrow?

Maybe off the original but topic but am I right in saying we can watch on the Rangers TV app tomorrow?

Yup, you can view on the App mate. Only stipulation is that you must have created your Account and redeemed your Access Code via the website at some point since it was sent to you. Which, hopefully, most did a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
As Valley Bluenose mentioned it's just a case of opening up the Silk browser and going to RTV as if you were on a PC.
You should find the Silk browser is already in place in your apps however just do a search in apps section which will allow you to quickly download it if this is not the case.
Other browsers can be used but I've found Silk the most easy to navigate with and the most stable for Firestick.
Don't worry that the webpage doesn't fit the screen as once you play the stream you'll have the usual Fill screen option at the bottom of the player.
A tip from Valley Bluenose is to click on the cog icon at the bottom right corner and select 1080 rather than auto.If you get buffering bring it down to 720 or lower.
Cheers

Quick side question as well.. I am a UK monthly RTV subscriber. Do I still have to buy August 3match deal to watch game on RTV today? I've no issues purchasing it if so. Thanks

Quick side question as well.. I am a UK monthly RTV subscriber. Do I still have to buy August 3match deal to watch game on RTV today? I've no issues purchasing it if so. Thanks

Yes, you will, if its the UK Standard package you have. Unless you fall under the VST package for season ticket holders mate.

Does anyone know if you buy the August package can you only see the games live or can you watch it later? Won't be able to watch the game at KO time today

Does anyone know if you buy the August package can you only see the games live or can you watch it later? Won't be able to watch the game at KO time today

That's a tough one mate. I have no idea. Maybe someone who's gone down the PPV route in the past can advise?

Back