Watching Sportscene on iPlayer and crowd at Kilmarnock is massive

These diddy teams are a disgrace.
Empty stands and seats against the sooon burners.
How dare such irrelevant bodies have a say over how football is run.
Plastic pitches and players who play agricultural football too....
And people have the cheek to question why TV companies give Scottish football f.uck all money.

The game and the set up is a joke - and no-one is even remotely trying to improve things.

I struggle with how they lay out and place people as well.

Surely just fill these diddy stadiums from front to back.

Massive empty spaces just makes it look even more laughable. Condense then into selected areas.

Ticket prices are also a joke. £27 for Killie v Rangers.

That’s laughable.

You can get a season ticket for Bayern Munich for 4x that price. :-0

Scottish footy only got a TV deal when they thought we were back. True.

Care to elobarate on whats embarrassing?
It’s embarrassing how we ‘support’ our team in 95% of our home matches. Including the one just past.

How to make friends and influence people

part 1: criticise your fellow supporters

I really couldn’t care less about making any friends I simply tell the truth and if that’s enough to burst folks bubbles then so be it.

Far too many are delusional when it comes to our own support.

We literally consistently get on our teams back when they need us most. It’s all good turning up but if you’re just gonna make it uncomfortable for our own players we’d be as well staying on the couch.

People might be happy to gloss over the fact we very rarely get behind our team when they truly need us due to the fact we always turn up in big numbers but there’s much more to it for me.

Just my opinion but I beleive it’s based on fact.

Saw the highlights of a Livi game towards the end of last season and wondered what they had done to get a game played behind closed doors.

Crowd must have been around a hundred.

It’s embarrassing how we ‘support’ our team in 95% of our home matches. Including the one just past.

I really couldn’t care less about making any friends I simply tell the truth and if that’s enough to burst folks bubbles then so be it.

We literally consistently get on our teams back when they need us most. It’s all good turning up but if you’re just gonna make it uncomfortable for our own players we’d be as well staying on the couch.

People might be happy to gloss over the fact we very rarely get behind our team when they truly need us due to the fact we always turn up in big numbers but there’s much more to it for me.

It's never been and will never be any different.
No point in working yourself into a lather.

And people have the cheek to question why TV companies give Scottish football f.uck all money.

The game and the set up is a joke - and no-one is even remotely trying to improve things.
Doncaster is working on a deal. At his current work rate he will be lucky to have deals that cover his salary. On a side issue, are we going to cover our costs, taking part in the Caramel Wafer Cup? The sticky ball has worked a treat. Someone is taking the piss.

Scotland is a small country. I really don't understand why people think we should have a league comparable to the EPL or Bundesliga. Is this part of the weird 'wha's like us' Scottish psyche?

It's a small country with a small fan base. Two huge clubs, 3 or 4 average sized ones, the rest fighting for the scraps. The distribution really is what you would expect.

Don’t give SC viewing figures, YouTube and SPFL highlights package, good thing is you don’t have to put up with their drivel, and hopefully some time puts the reptiles out a job!

We can look forward to next Saturday's El Classico between Livingston and Aberdeen on el plastico at the spaghettihad stadium,it's sure to be a sell out.A game played between two teams who love to play expansive football and entertain the fans.

You could have more fun sitting in a dentist's chair having a root canal.

We can look forward to next Saturday's El Classico between Livingston and Aberdeen on el plastico at the spaghettihad stadium,it's sure to be a sell out.A game played between two teams who love to play expansive football and entertain the fans.

You could have more fun sitting in a dentist's chair having a root canal.
That is highly amusing but sadly it’s really accurate.
When you think about it it’s hard to imagine and more cheapskate shoddy product than what is served up by SPFL.

Scotland is a small country. I really don't understand why people think we should have a league comparable to the EPL or Bundesliga. Is this part of the weird 'wha's like us' Scottish psyche?

It's a small country with a small fan base. Two huge clubs, 3 or 4 average sized ones, the rest fighting for the scraps. The distribution really is what you would expect.
7 of the 12 clubs have average 4 figure attendances, from 3-7k, and those attendances are boosted by us and the filth attending at least twice a season.

It's time these clubs drastically overhauled their entiring ticketing strategies.

Clubs struggling with attendances should be looking at:
Reducing the overall ticket prices to encourage attendance
Offers for kids and concessions - £1 kids for example.

In conjuction with this these clubs should focus on filling parts of the ground that are on TV the most to increase the spectacle.

The results wouldnt be overnight but in a few years you'd have new fans invested in the clubs and atmospheres will improve.

Genuinely, what else do you expect them to do?

Do you realise that one of the reasons that teams like Killie and St Johnstone get low attendances is because the football support in this country is concentrated to two teams?

Moaning about the attendances and style of football at clubs where the players are on a pittance, the fans have more appealing options and there is historically limited success is the calling card of a modern football fan totally dismissive and contemptuous of anything that exists outside of the elite. It's snobbery, pure and simple.

Last edited:

I really couldn’t care less about making any friends I simply tell the truth by complaining at the match and if that’s enough to burst folks bubbles then so be it.

As long as the current set-up benefits Celtc, the status quo will remain.

Livingston have never had a huge support and never will.

I genuinely don't understand the anger on this thread.
Rangers fans could easily have bought the tickets and the club could’ve made cash. Instead we are obliged to give a club tickets we know that they won’t sell. That’s frustrating.

Rangers fans could easily have bought the tickets and the club could’ve made cash. Instead we are obliged to give a club tickets we know that they won’t sell. That’s frustrating.

Are Livingston not entitled to have some supporters there, however limited?

Should everything revolve around the demand of Rangers and Celtic?

Were Kilmarnock one of these teams that were forced to build a 10,000 all seater like Falkirk?

You see teams like them, Dunfermliine, Livingston and more never able to fill their huge (in comparison to their fan base) grounds. It was one of the most stupid rules of all time and if I remember correctly it was only brought in at the last minute to save Aberdeen from relegation.

Something else to blame on our wonderful football authorities up here. I am sure Scottish football has the highest or one of the highest amount of punters per population going to games as well, it's just being managed all wrong.

Are Livingston not entitled to have some supporters there, however limited?

Should everything revolve around the demand of Rangers and Celtic?
No but fans are entitled to be upset at the paucity of support of a top flight support, especially if Rangers fans cannot get a ticket.

Scottish football fans are mainly concentrated around 2 teams. Why would anyone ever be surprised that most teams outwith us and them are relatively poorly supported?

Folk want the game to revolve around us and facilitate us whilst sneering at all other teams in the country......then get weepy as we are hated.

No but fans are entitled to be upset at the paucity of support of a top flight support, especially if Rangers fans cannot get a ticket.

They're not entitled to be upset at all unless they hold the strange belief that only Rangers fans should be allowed to attend league fixtures at Ibrox.

They're not entitled to be upset at all unless they hold the strange belief that only Rangers fans should be allowed to attend league fixtures at Ibrox.
Of course they are. It’s a pathetic support for a top league side going to the home of the nation’s biggest and most successful club. Truly woeful.

Of course they are. It’s a pathetic support for a top league side going to the home of the nation’s biggest and most successful club. Truly woeful.

If Livingston had more supporters, they'd be there. They're not because they don't exist. Moaning about a poor support is like getting upset that unicorns or leprechauns don't exist. It's to be entirely expected when there's a duopoly in which one of two teams have won the league for the past 35 years. If you'd like more Livingston supporters to have been there, they need to come from somewhere; in this case, probably from Rangers and Celtic fans.

If Livingston had more supporters, they'd be there. They're not because they don't exist. Moaning about a poor support is like getting upset that unicorns or leprechauns don't exist. It's to be entirely expected when there's a duopoly in which one of two teams have won the league for the past 35 years. If you'd like more Livingston supporters to have been there, they need to come from somewhere; in this case, probably from Rangers and Celtic fans.
If they aren’t there, they aren’t there but it’s pathetic having such an abysmal support and being in the top flight. How can they even survive financially as a club with such a poor following? We should have better ticketing/segregation to minimise the empty seats.

No match shown on TV should ever have acres of empty seating on display.

That means, you restrict the coverage to games involving us and the filth against the diddy teams, matches at Ibrox and the Stadium of Shame, Edinburgh Derby, Dundee Derby, the odd Aberdeen game, etc.

Fans of diddy clubs just have to accept that they only get to see their team when they play us or the filth.

Will the SPF, do that? Will they phuck. They'll continue to show Ross County v St Mirren type games and destroy any hope of getting advertisers or big TV money involved. This pandering to diddy clubs whose average attendance is friends and families of the players and the dug has to stop if we ever want to increase money in the game up here

If they aren’t there, they aren’t there but it’s pathetic having such an abysmal support and being in the top flight. How can they even survive financially as a club with such a poor following? We should have better ticketing/segregation to minimise the empty seats.

Teams deserve to be in the top flight by virtue of their ability, not the size of their support.

Teams earn significantly more from TV revenue than from ticketing. They will also budget within their means to support a possibly smaller support.

Ticketing and segregation is a different matter altogether, and one I agree with. Routinely slandering smaller teams for the size of their support is just unfair.

Scottish football needs a total revamp and in theory we could transform our football. Unfortunately, the rest of Scottish football are only interested in themselves and hating us than the improvement of our national game for everybody's benefit. They are too small-minded and prejudiced.

as the gaffer said last season , if scottish football wants to appeal to tv companies then at least pretend there are more fans than what there is, no one wants to see half empty stands , its embarrassing.

Back