Watershed Day Today

Needs to rein the Liverpool chat in a bit.

Right now he's miles away from managing them. No English Premier League club are coming in for him any time soon either.
Changed days on here. I remember Warburton actually being linked with both the spurs job and England while he was with us!!!

Looks like he's lost the leeway he was given as SG the player. He will need to change things quickly or he will be out.
The honeymoon period is over.
Will survive a Euro exit. Fail against Hearts and it's over.

Its only over of he walks away and I dont see it happening. We cant afford to remove him

he defintley needs more time, trying to rebuild the team and have us winning the league was pretty much a start from scratch job, winning the league in only his second season in charge would have been nothing short of miracle, especially with the budget he has to work with.
People need to be more realistic about the size of the task he has before him

We're in this thought of mind, because we were told that celtic would collapse and Lennon would tear the dressing room apart. When they got knocked out the cl, that seemed to enforce the belief that we had them this season.

Didn't quite work out that way.

We're in this thought of mind, because we were told that celtic would collapse and Lennon would tear the dressing room apart. When they got knocked out the cl, that seemed to enforce the belief that we had them this season.

Didn't quite work out that way.

Some of the posts when Lennon was confirmed were cringeworthy. They look even worse now. People can't accept they were wrong with regards to him, so it has to be someone else's fault.

That is simply not true, things did not go wrong in the stands until we lost the 2nd goal. Despite the fact that prior to that we were getting a roasting from a team as bad as against Valencia or Juventus.
The first goal got us all back onside.
Having a pop at the Rangers fans after what we have ben through the last 8 years is what is unacceptable.
Every player on the park has at some time put in tremendous performances for the club. When 7 or 8 of them simultaneously turn to shit, we will let them know.
How we turned that game round, I will never know. I think Braga were even more fragile than some of our players.

Total nonsense to be honest and we see thread week in week out on here explaining that we have in the stands some very intolerant and abusive fans. To not accept that is total head in the sand stuff.

Around me in the MS and quite well spread from the first few scares players were getting dog's abuse and it got gradually worse. And it happens week in week out-certain players are targets now..

People pay their money and can frankly within the limits of the law do what they like-we have to accept that but statements like we let them know? What does that achieve if you are a player struggling for confidence? Does it help? Does it %^*& it has totally the other impact.

So many on here wear it as a badge of honour their right to criticise as they see fit-carry on you are playing into our enemies hands, making the climb back to the top harder.

What we've been through the last 8 years doesn't lie at the feet of the players trying to deliver what we want.

Fundamentally though despite the last 8 years so many fail to grasp the reason for them continuing to succeed it isn't players who don't get it or managers that can't change tactics or whatever. It is more fundamental than that but to accept that means you 'd need to accept 55 might be a bit away yet-much easier to think it's easy fixed than coming to terms with that.

I've said it many times in the past you give our support something to believe in then they are the best in the world-they will make noise like you cannot believe. When they don't believe it is totally another experience altogether.

He made comment about fans behind him at the Braga game. His celebrations seemed to be a “get it up ye” to those behind the dugout. Not really what you’d expect from your club’s manager.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, he was simply ecstatic like the rest of us. I don't think it should be used as a stick to hit him with.

Digs at the fans, throwing young players to the wolves and protecting his two golden boys all season.

I was already doubting him when we started slipping up, but continued poor results and his jibes and at fans and shabby treatment of certain players has me losing huge respect for him. It seems it’s all about self preservation for him now.
I'm not doubting him but Tavernier and Goldson should have been replaced with decent alternatives brought in, Tavernier hasn't played a real good game since candeas left and Goldson has every centre back who plays alongside him a bag of nerves covering for him, I don't know how Gerard rates them so highly.

Didn't hear this after the Braga game , the fans were immense and drove to the team to the win , in my opinion .

That Goldson interview seems to say gat we only started supporting our he team once we got the opener if I read it right mate.

That might be the perception of Gerrard & the players.

55 was in the bag-you do remember? Have a word with yourself.

55 was only there provided we showed up , played and won matches.

The way things are gaun they could catch us then look to reach 55 before us.

It isnae impossible..

Major alarm bells today for me when Gerrard stated in his post match interview “he wanted to give certain players a chance to play through it, stated if he made a sub too early it could ruin a players confidence” that’s a weak manager, you have a problem you deal with it. Katic should have been subbed after 15 mins

Compare and contrast with Advocaat hooking Craig Moore after 25 mins.

Major alarm bells today for me when Gerrard stated in his post match interview “he wanted to give certain players a chance to play through it, stated if he made a sub too early it could ruin a players confidence” that’s a weak manager, you have a problem you deal with it. Katic should have been subbed after 15 mins

Mind that time everyone lost their shit on here because Katic was "subbed out" for the next game to give Hellander a start.

Let's not pretend sense and reasoning would have been applied to the decision if he'd subbed Katic after the first goal on Sunday and put GE on (who hasn't really proven to be any better) to feature beside a performance from Goldson that rivalled Katic's disaster.

Next 2 games for him are massive. If he loses both I think the majority will be calling for his head. I’m lost with it tbh, %^*& knows what’s happened to us but it’s a major failing from him not being able to stop this rot.
And who do we bring in? if that's the case, he's just extended his contract,that for me is he's signalling his intent to see it through. We can't afford another pay off while bringing in someone else. I reckon we should stick with him, he's brought us a long way,clearly still a way to go,but we'll get there.

My fear is that the manager is too entrenched in;

a) His failing tactical approach and doesn’t seem deterred from deploying it domestically. (Works in Europe in more open games)

b) His favouriting of certain players over others and the complete abandonment of young Scottish talent who’s attitude and fight above all might be what this team is missing.

c) The reluctance to throw referees under the bus instead of his players, erroneous officials have cost us more points and indeed a trophy than our players errors.

The latter has really been counter productive both amongst the players and support in my opinion. He needs to start helping himself out of this malaise by adopting a more flexible and pragmatic approach to tactics and man management.

Latest posts

Back