Watford appoint Roy Hodgson

Bundles of experience - could end up being their longest serving manager at Watford in a while.

Not sure the football will be very entertaining.

I mind Talksport started slagging a guy for suggesting Hodgson for the Newcastle job without thinking he has got a track record of getting those bottom basement clubs punch above their weight and keep them up. He'd have been an excellent appointment just to keep them in the league.

He'll give them a better chance of keeping Watford up than Ranieri.

"Roy could I interest you in a million quid for 4 months work "

"Well I am semi retired"

"Ok Roy how about 1.5 million "

"Ok I suppose so but it's only to the summer "

"Thanks Roy if you had said no we might have had to get Sam Allyerdyce we will see you tomorrow "

Probably a mix of greed and to a certain extent addiction for some of these managers - some of them just don't know when to say no.

Yet they allowed Ranieri to bring in 3/4 players before sacking him.

Roy Hodgson is one of the most uninspired appointments. I wonder what the Watford support think?

Huge game against Burnley (a) up next.

If you manage a full season at Watford you deserve manager of the year.

Unbelievable how unstable they are when they are basically in London, they have a bit of money and play in the Epl.

They can surely attract and keep one good manager ?

DJl-h-RXcAAUS4n.jpg

Any excuse

Fucking daft appointment, the guy was supposed to be retiring.

It's always the same old faces though, the manager well appears to be running dry.

Big Woy is there for the pension.

I like him good bloke and clever but can’t honestly say I know how well he’s been doing in recent years nor whether he is a good selection and match for `Watford but good luck to them

Plenty of experience but you have to wonder why he puts himself through managerial stress at his age when he could be on the golf course most days
Mibi he just enjoys it hes always seemed to do awryt at club level imo no much stress when your taken over a shite team anyway, he should come into a press conference to the the only way is essex intro.

Safe choice for watford, roy will be a stabke manager for them, definitely wont improve them though.but his choice too go there probz get a few million until the end of the season.

Did I read correctly earlier that Watford have had six managers since they last kept a clean sheet. That is just bonkers.

Back