Wayne Rooney - 35 years old

Scaramanga

Looks more like someone that’s had a tough paper round as opposed to a footballer who hundreds of thousands of pounds per week for over a decade.

E0519lvWUAETL60

It was bizarre watching him on the touchline today.

Still remember his debut. Just makes me feel old as f*ck.
Takes a real special player who is massively talented to adapt to having a goat along side him.
Tevez and Rooney don't get enough credit for adjusting their game to fit the great one.

Ruud was too arrogant to appreciate what United had etc.

Takes a real special player who is massively talented to adapt to having a goat along side him.
Tevez and Rooney don't get enough credit for adjusting their game to fit the great one.

Ruud was too arrogant to appreciate what United had etc.

He was playing at an unreal level then n'all. Like top 5 in the world good.

But as you say, there's only one Ronaldo. He realised that and played his part.

Rooney was quicker than I remember in his prime.

He's better than we give him credit for imo

There were a couple of years where you could’ve made the case for Rooney being just behind Messi and Ronaldo as the best in the world.

A phenomenal player in his prime, still think he’s a dick though! :))

There were a couple of years where you could’ve made the case for Rooney being just behind Messi and Ronaldo as the best in the world.

A phenomenal player in his prime, still think he’s a dick though! :))

Not the goal I wanted, because there's one where he absolutely melts Arsenal with pace. But to have the composure to play this pass into Ronaldo is incredible. On his bad foot as well.

Should United have beaten Barca in Rome?

Barca weak at centre back etc.

United started great I felt
Keeper sold Sammy goal which sickened them
Not the goal I wanted, because there's one where he absolutely melts Arsenal with pace. But to have the composure to play this pass into Ronaldo is incredible. On his bad foot as well.

Bolton goal at Old Trafford for Ronnie is the one

Any other world class players adjust to quality.

Ibra and Eto'o couldn't do it.

Weirdly Sammy actually loved playing either side of Milito

Maybe MessI shade is like a dead weight on your shoulders

Any other world class players adjust to quality.

Ibra and Eto'o couldn't do it.

Weirdly Sammy actually loved playing either side of Milito

Maybe MessI shade is like a dead weight on your shoulders

Not really what you were asking, but Alaba plays CB for Bayern and a 10 for Austria.

Zambrrotta played insane positions.

Not really what you were asking, but Alaba plays CB for Bayern and a 10 for Austria.

Zambrrotta played insane positions.
other side of coin
Griezmann doesn't have confidence to play beside Messi which actually annoys me more.

Eto'o at Inter under Jose was proper wild
Van Basten shit.

other side of coin
Griezmann doesn't have confidence to play beside Messi which actually annoys me more.

Eto'o at Inter under Jose was proper wild
Van Basten shit.

Hate to admit it, but Messi''s the actual GOAT. The stuff he does and is still doing, is ridiculous.

Griezmann was top 5 strikers in the work before Barca.

I
Hate to admit it, but Messi''s the actual GOAT. The stuff he does and is still doing, is ridiculous.

Griezmann was top 5 strikers in the work before Barca.
I know mate.
Me having folk call Ronaldo the great one is a proper work though.

Dembele shows you that a footballing brain is worth more than that extra 5 yards

Messi looks at him like he killed his maw

Young Rooney was sensational (certainly one of England's greatest) but he aged really really quickly and was done by the time he was 30
Think this is it. Bit like Michael Owen. As kids they were superb but their bodies let them down sooner than they would have liked. Ronaldo is still doing it while Rooney is pretending to be a manager.

There's no mystery to Rooney ageing quickly
It's purely down to his lifestyle
Never behaved or ate like an athlete and now it is too late
Hardly the first footballer to go that way

I'm older than him and he looks older than me.

He looks like a manual worker earning £9 an hour.

He is a year younger than Ronaldo and 4 years younger than Zlatan who are both still playing at the highest level while he is retired.

He was a terrific player in his prime but done at the top by 30 due to his lifestyle

May look strange. But what a player, he was.

One of my most favourite EPL players, ever. That goal v City was just silly.

Him and Ronaldo were unplayable at times.

Phenomenal, player.

if he didn't get injured in the 2004 Euros, I reckon he could have won England the tournament with the form he was in and at that point in his career, he was fearless to any defender which is when a player is more dangerous

scored goals against Switzerland and Croatia but he was superb against France in the first game and was just unlucky that Zidane was on it that day. Was a bit like Owen lighting up the 98 World Cup when you sit there and think "he's going to be a world class player"

He smokes and likes a bevvy otherwise he'd probably still be playing in the top half of the EPL

b
if he didn't get injured in the 2004 Euros, I reckon he could have won England the tournament with the form he was in and at that point in his career, he was fearless to any defender which is when a player is more dangerous

scored goals against Switzerland and Croatia but he was superb against France in the first game and was just unlucky that Zidane was on it that day. Was a bit like Owen lighting up the 98 World Cup when you sit there and think "he's going to be a world class player"
Not being an arsesole etc
Portugal Holland and Greece
When was the last time England best sides ranked above them?

"could have" ;)

they only lost to France who were the defending European champions because (hazy memory) of James giving away a penalty I think when Gerrard passed the ball back to him without looking and Zidane scored both the penalty and a FK earlier

Back