Wayne Rooney Appointed Permanent Derby Manager.

Nice, I like Rooney.

I'm sure Gerrard will be one of the very first to congratulate him.

Best of luck, Wazza.

Seems like a basket case of a job to take on at the moment.

Obviously been promised a fortune when the takeover is finally completed.

You end up on a hiding to nothing in jobs like that. I'm surprised to see Rooney take that on to be honest. Good luck to him though.

Crazy considering how shit they are at the moment. Rooney seems a decent guy but it's not working for him at Derby.

Depends on what targets he's been given. If it's a case of "stay up whilst we sort out the mullyins to spend in the summer" then its a reasonable challenge.

Hopefully it goes tits up for Shrek

CWN8cZ5WwAAIWtZ.jpg

So much for him joining selik then, granny’s can relax

So much for him joining selik then, granny’s can relax
Good work from his agent planting stories of Scum interest to get WR a permanent deal. Pity I would have have liked to have seen him there - pretty certain he would have had the Roy Keane impact and be gone after 1 season. I like Derby and do not see this going well.

i dont mind rooney but he always came across as incredibly thick, be intresting to see how he does

I worked beside a bluenose who was going to an OF game at Ibrox. He bumped into Rooney before the match. His grandson wanted his photo with Rooney. He said Rooney couldn't have been any nicer to the both.
I thought he would be the next Ceptic manager (they've seen the Gerrard effect, and he would shift STs).

Wonderful footballer but not someone who is blessed with the intelligence to be a top manager - in my opinion.

I don't have a well-informed opinion - just the opposite - but from what I've seen of Rooney and the little I've heard him speak, he seems one of the least likely football people ever to succeed in management.

Can't see him as a manager but I hope he proves me wrong. He was up there with Messi and Ronaldo when he was at his best.

For a period he was one of the most exciting footballers on the planet. Such a shame that his levels dropped-off so relatively early in his career - but he did not too bad.

I don't really see him cutting it as a manager though.

Can't see him as a manager but I hope he proves me wrong. He was up there with Messi and Ronaldo when he was at his best.

He really wasn’t. Rooney was an excellent player in his prime but nowhere near as good as either of them. Messi and Ronaldo are genuine world class. Rooney was very very good. For a much shorter period of time too.

Who do we see as the next Gerrard type in English football, to go into management with the following Gerrard like traits...

Iconic
World-class as a player
Universally respected
Quiet and Conservative off the field
Intelligent
Nice guy but one you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of
Has winners medals from his playing career.

There's non left of the 'Golden Generation' (maybe Defoe). The only one I can come up with that comes close (but is nowhere near Gerrard in most of those categories) is Jordan Henderson.

World class footballer but never liked him, refusing to sing GSTQ et al. Darren Farley doing him with the American Football helmet on when he went to the MLS was class, tells you all you need to know, about as bright as an eclipse.

He really wasn’t. Rooney was an excellent player in his prime but nowhere near as good as either of them. Messi and Ronaldo are genuine world class. Rooney was very very good. For a much shorter period of time too.
I don't think anyone argue he has had the career Messi or Ronaldo have had, likewise only a madman would argue that Rooney was not a world class footballer at his best.

Back