We’re Close, no one else is.

lesbleusparis

Watched the Sheep today. It emphasized we are the only team who can give the filth a game. Not just a game but a run in the league. If we start well next season we will shove the treble treble down their throat.

11 points behind isn't close I'm afraid. Some standout performances during the season but I'm afraid they were outweighed by guileless performances where you didn't know where a goal was coming from. Referencing the sheep in the op was a bad idea, they put us out of both cups.

People just looking at the points total are missing the bigger picture.

We're much closer to them this year and they know it. We no longer fear them and look at the amount of shitey decisions that have gone against us and cost us 3 points.

I don't think people are just looking at the points though. They are also looking at the distinct possibility that they are going to win every domestic trophy.

Ok. :D If we can just get enough posters to say WATP and pretend we’re better than we are then we’ll be fine!
No one is pretending we are better, its people like yous pretending we are miles behind when we clearly aren't.
We have outscored them, conceded a few more goals, lost one more game, the aggregate score against them this season is 3-2. If we had proper referees the gap would be half the size. Think of all the draws we have had, a couple of quality players that could convert them to wins and boof, no gap. To say we are miles behind purely because a point gap is one dimensional nonsense. Miles behind is being skelped 5-0 off them every game and conceded 5 goals to Hibs.

If we don’t start well next season it’s going to be pretty grim.
If we start off away to Aberdeen and have our centre forward sent off in the first ten minutes for nothing, then things will be much the same as this season, so with that in mind we will need to be much much better again to make up the ground that this single issue opens up

Things are different this year, we are not there yet but you can see the beginnings of a real Rangers team in this squad. There is something back at our club that wasn't there under Ally, Warburton, Pedro or Murty.

It's a points driven business,how many we have at the end of the season will tell us how far away we are! for sure we have a more secure base start than we have had for a long time!and I do fancy us next season.

11 points behind isn't close I'm afraid. Some standout performances during the season but I'm afraid they were outweighed by guileless performances where you didn't know where a goal was coming from. Referencing the sheep in the op was a bad idea, they put us out of both cups.
You miss the 14 game European run pal?

Gutless? You joking.?

After some of the squads we have had over the last 7 years.

No one is pretending we are better, its people like yous pretending we are miles behind when we clearly aren't.
We have outscored them, conceded a few more goals, lost one more game, the aggregate score against them this season is 3-2. If we had proper referees the gap would be half the size. Think of all the draws we have had, a couple of quality players that could convert them to wins and boof, no gap. To say we are miles behind purely because a point gap is one dimensional nonsense. Miles behind is being skelped 5-0 off them every game and conceded 5 goals to Hibs.

What about the cups. They have won one and are in the final of the other.

erm, we have half a dozen top refs that are pretty good referees but also totally biased and corrupt. it may sometimes seem as though there isnt much in in terms of quality of performance and the way both teams have been inconsistant over the season... but really we are not getting anywhere near until we find crazy amount of cash to buy much better players or stop refs cheating. I dont see either happening anytime soon.

The refereeing costs more than just the matches that bad decisions impact.
It can stall momentum and carry over in unfair suspensions for key players into future games which further stalls momentum and this can then affect confidence etc.
This season has been difficult to ascertain just exactly where we are because of refereeing, and for anyone to say that bad refereeing evens itself out over the course of a season and that it is the same for every team, then they aren't telling the truth either intentionally or through stupidity.

You miss the 14 game European run pal?

Gutless? You joking.?

After some of the squads we have had over the last 7 years.
I said Guileless, not gutless (although a few of them were that as well). Too many performances were completely lacking in guile, ideas, movement, cutting edge.

The Euro run was good, but didn't take us closer to them.

100% we have the best fans and support the world over but I don't and never will be able to get my head round the 0.01% that seem to get more of a buzz* out of being proved right when we don't achieve, dont win or come up short, just so they can get a hard on and say 'aye, a telt ye we wur what ever the fuk they predicted or said!! Ffs!!

* for buzz, read massive ejaculation, floor like an ice rink!!

That mob look like they have strolled the league, they ain’t impressed me and I’d go as far as say they have declined massively.

Yes but that’s 5 points if we’d won last Old Firm game. Big if I know but shows fine margins of one goal either way. We would still be in it at 5 behind and one more game against them at home. That’s before the last minute winners for them etc. Big points differences can be eroded very quickly.

I offered a couple of diddy team fans, one was Motherwell can't remember the other one, a bet a few years ago when they were slagging Rangers, that the next team to win the league apart from Celtic would be us. Needless to say they never took the bet.

They all know we are the only ones who can stop them winning the league.

To me to be close you have to be a player or two away, we need at least at least 4 players, if not more if Alfie goes.

Watched the Sheep today. It emphasized we are the only team who can give the filth a game. Not just a game but a run in the league. If we start well next season we will shove the treble treble down their throat.

Except another team was contesting the semi final as they put us out of the cup at home .

We need to get the summer recruitment spot on , these trophyless seasons are grim

I did not watch the sheep versus the scum today but according to a report on the BBC it was a nip and tuck between the two until of course the referee helped his favourites by sending off one of the sheep

Stupid post. Aberdeen put themselves in a final and semi final. Hearts have gave themselves a chance . We have done feck all.​

Some people really need to remember the shíte we went through last year. There is a very large improvement. The points tally is not always 100% of the story. Our last minute goals we concede to go back to level are something that can easily be avoided and the scum’s last minuted goals against 10 men won’t be reliable. Stevie G is in his first season of management and is quickly learning. Some people not to stop wetting their pants and actually look at some positives

Things are different this year, we are not there yet but you can see the beginnings of a real Rangers team in this squad. There is something back at our club that wasn't there under Ally, Warburton, Pedro or Murty.
Indeed. We've shipped about half the goals we did last year and that's a huge improvement.

December was bad for us (one game aside) but March without a league win was truly brutal. That is when we really lost our shit.

I don't expect us to repeat that next season.

Yes but that’s 5 points if we’d won last Old Firm game. Big if I know but shows fine margins of one goal either way. We would still be in it at 5 behind and one more game against them at home. That’s before the last minute winners for them etc. Big points differences can be eroded very quickly.
Everyone scores or loses goals in the last minute. You can't have it both ways. I'm sure Aberdeen ,could be 6 points better off if only xyz had happened. Can't stand all this fine margins bollocks.

Please stop this!

We're not close.

And unless Dave King stumps up some serious cash in the next window nothing will change. We'll be having the same conversation this time next season.

We are a lot closer to them this year, the games against them prove that.

Where we need to improve if the game against the other teams. We need to consistently beat your sheep, Kilmarnock, hibs to put the pressure on timbo. That’s where we’ve failed this year. I think we’re about 3-4 players away from that.

A much improved CB, winger and attacking midfielder would make a massive difference to our team. A new striker will be required if Alfie goes and a solution at left back if Barisic isn’t going to cut it. Sort these things out and we’ll be right in amongst it come May 2020.

Only King and the board can end the pain. Gerrard can't continue to fight with one hand tied behind his back.

Rest assured Celtic will strengthen this summer as they go for the jugular in their quest for tiar.

People just looking at the points total are missing the bigger picture.

We're much closer to them this year and they know it. We no longer fear them and look at the amount of shitey decisions that have gone against us and cost us 3 points.

Agreed ,but from what I'm seeing there's nothing to suggest that's going to change next season

Hearts and Hibs can give them a game as well at Tynecastle and Easter road respectively tbf

Agreed ,but from what I'm seeing there's nothing to suggest that's going to change next season

Next season it's do-or-die for Gerrard.

If he fails to win the league then he'll be off - one way or the other.

This may be our last chance of stopping them and the Board have to make sure they back him with everything they've got.

If they get to 9 and Gerrard leaves then I'm not quite sure where that leaves us as a club. 55 would be as far away as ever.

Failure is too painful to contemplate.

Close but struggle with the sheep? Add hibs and killie to that. Our head to head games against those teams are disgraceful.
Let's keep it real until we are actually close to them.

Closer by a midges baw hair!

Let’s not forget Aberdeen knocked us out of 2 cups. We need to improve next season massively domestically

I am of the opinion that if we were refereed in the games against the three sides you mention in the same way that the Filth are, things would look quite different.

This is the problem though. We played terrible in those games and I think the only one we were unlucky not to get anything out of due to refereeing decisions was the first game of the season. Far too easy to blame refs for some than accept we weren't good enough.

If Celtic played as poorly as we did in both cup games against the sheep this season they would've struggled today also.

Back