We’re too easy to play against

Any team that doesn’t finish their chances are easy to play against, we miss the clinical streak we had last season

Before during and now after this game I've been asking the same thing. Gerrard must mix it up more and give the opposition more to worry about. We need another dimension be it a more creative player or an alternative way to get results if plan A is failing.

We do try to play through the middle. We are just not good enough to cut open defences, so the ball ends up wide. I dont know if it's lack of ball control, lack of movement, or both, but more often than not our attempts to go through teams gets frustrated and we end up going to the wing and trying to play round teams.

Personally i'd like to see us break quicker. Get the ball up to the likes of Morelos and Kent, before our opponents can get settled. I think we'd enjoy far more success if this was a bigger part of our game plan.

What game did you watch? We played balls between there back line all game and got success out of it. It was our finishing that was the issue.
Only in first half mate.
In every game when the pressure is on or the opposition score we revert to wide and cross…..usually hitting the first man or clearing every f@cker in the box by which time there are 12-16 players in there

mist garbage and infuriating

I thought our interplay in the first half was the best in a while. 2nd half was very poor. The team is lacking in confidence.

What the fck is this pish too slow. In the first half especially the tempo was fast and we played a lot of good football and created chances. Most of the second half all Motherwell did was punt it up the park to try and win a free kick and then defend with 11men behind the ball. All that was lacking was the most important bit finishing. If we took our chances again in the first half the game was over. This is not head in the sand material we played well.

One thing that annoys me is how often our players clatter into the back of an opponent who's going nowhere. They hit the deck and waste a couple of minutes. Was really frustrating today.

What the fck is this pish too slow. In the first half especially the tempo was fast and we played a lot of good football and created chances. Most of the second half all Motherwell did was punt it up the park to try and win a free kick and then defend with 11men behind the ball. All that was lacking was the most important bit finishing. If we took our chances again in the first half the game was over. This is not head in the sand material we played well.

1st half today was a bit more lively but overall this season we’ve been slow, and ponderous. The tempo and pressing been very much missing.

2nd half today was dire.

We’ve been predictable for too long. Stop Kent and then it’s left to to the full backs slinging in crosses. We’re too slow and too many passes go backwards or square rather than breaking the lines quickly

Was it a bigger Shock that we Drew or they got Beat?? We should be winning these kind of Games, but we are Top of the League, not playing as well as we can, Let’s get players up to Speed, and see we’re we are before we play them!!

Back