We’ve been sussed - how to frustrate Rangers

B52

Stop us getting momentum from the start and we struggle badly. The team - management and players - seem incapable of turning around a stodgy start. Opposing teams can rely on complicity of referees and Scottish coaches are no mugs, I include McInnes. They do all they can to disrupt our rhythm by fouling and feigning injury. The referees won’t correct the opposition or allow appropriate injury time. We don’t have the wit or ability in the players or the management to change a game once the pattern is set. We are up against cheats in the other teams and the referees. If we had stronger leadership mentally or technically then we would overcome the odds but we ain’t got it yet. But we need to get leadership qualities fast. I believe SG has those qualities and we need to see them on the pitch. Starting now. It’s not too late. We can win this league. This season.

4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 with 2 numbers tens who end up out wide anyway and a midfield thats piss easy to swamp.
How do we fix it? Try 3-5-2, try 4-4-2, nah, if it's not working, the answers on the bench after 60 odd minutes (if we are lucky).

Teams can foul with impunity while our players face a yellow for often their first offence. I genuinely believe this is now inhibiting how we play. It is cheating by refs, nothing less. That today ended with 3 yellow cards for both teams is utterly laughable.

It's not just us it happens to. Teams set up the exact same way against them but they dig the result out. Tyats the difference

4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 with 2 numbers tens who end up out wide anyway and a midfield thats piss easy to swamp.
How do we fix it? Try 3-5-2, try 4-4-2, nah, if it's not working, the answers on the bench after 60 odd minutes (if we are lucky).

Yep and sadly it's always Ojo

Like I said elsewhere....I genuinely believe any one of us could have managed Aberdeen to a 0-0 draw today. "keep it tight lads....waste a few seconds...drop to the floor whenever anyone comes near you".

I could have predicted Aberdeen would play like that. They've played like that every time they've come to Ibrox in this Gerrard era. And got plenty of results against us doing so. It wasn't difficult to see it happening. I don't feel like playing the way we always do and hoping for the best is the best strategy.

Some teams have the luxury of never deviating from their style of play. Im thinking Guardiola's Barcelona or Klopp's Liverpool. We're not quite there yet.

What we faced from Aberdeen today was primitive, written on the back of a fag packet style tactics. And nothing we shouldn't have been prepared for. That we were again prevented from troubling the scoresheets in, what, their 3rd visit in 5 games?...That should be a cause for alarm.

We could do with a big target man just to give us something different in games like today. Give them something else to think about

Teams can foul with impunity while our players face a yellow for often their first offence. I genuinely believe this is now inhibiting how we play. It is cheating by refs, nothing less. That today ended with 3 yellow cards for both teams is utterly laughable.
Correct.
Maybe if the referee would just apply the rules of the game the pattern of the game would change.

I honestly don’t think St Mirren, Hearts, Ross County or Aberdeen have done anything in the last four games that pretty much every other team hasn’t tried to do all season. There isn’t some grand tactical plan that they have all magically found. It is us that is doing something different, not the opposition. The Rangers team of two months ago would have won comfortably against the Aberdeen team of today.

I honestly don’t think St Mirren, Hearts, Ross County or Aberdeen have done anything in the last four games that pretty much every other team hasn’t tried to do all season. There isn’t some grand tactical plan that they have all magically found. It is us that is doing something different, not the opposition. The Rangers team of two months ago would have won comfortably against the Aberdeen team of today.
would agree with this, aberdeen played today how they have always played lining up against Gerrard

Back