We’ve come a long way...

RFC4ME

We are in a great place just now, and this is more just a question of fascination I have.

I do sometimes wonder if we would have got further quicker if we had kept McCall....

I think he would have been a steadier hand than Warburton and reached a far more natural exit than the turbulence and waste we had to endure with both Waburton and Pedro - i do think we would have just been in the same place we were when both left but likely on firmer ground, with less waste.

Chastu

Silverware, and a team which realistically has a chance (not favourites but equal chance) of being champions. At the moment we still suspect we will need some luck, and some favours...I would like to see us start a season with "No reason why not, seems perfectly realistic to win title".
Simple for me and thats winning the league nothing more or less, although he Europa might come a close second

wee bud's pit boots

We are in a great place just now, and this is more just a question of fascination I have.

I do sometimes wonder if we would have got further quicker if we had kept McCall....

I think he would have been a steadier hand than Warburton and reached a far more natural exit than the turbulence and waste we had to endure with both Waburton and Pedro - i do think we would have just been in the same place we were when both left but likely on firmer ground, with less waste.

We have just finished a season nine points behind a dreadful lot across the city who have now gathered nine trophies on the trot.

But we're in a good place?

Of course we need optimism, but let's keep it in check.

Of course nothing can be set in stone after four league games, but the first four next month can lay down a marker.

Basically our league challenge was in tatters after our first four away league games last season. We were always on the catch up.

Even when we got back in the frame (of sorts) by the turn of the year we still managed to muck that up immediately after the break.

Everyone was coming in their panties three years ago getting back up and a win over the filth in the SC semi final. It was the falsest of false dawns.

Do I believe in the gaffer? Yes I do. But the amount of let downs last season make me think, lets get that first trophy and we go and grow from there.

So I will repeat, we have done nothing yet.

RFC4ME

We have just finished a season nine points behind a dreadful lot across the city who have now gathered nine trophies on the trot.

Of course nothing can be set in stone after four league games, but the first four next month can lay down a marker.

Basically our league challenge was in tatters after our first four away league games last season. We were always on the catch up.

Even when we got back in the frame (of sorts) by the turn of the year we still managed to muck that up immediately after the break.

Everyone was coming in their panties three years ago getting back up and a win over the filth in the SC semi final. It was the falsest of false dawns.

Do I believe in the gaffer? Yes I do. But the amount of let downs last season make me think, lets get that first trophy and we go and grow from there.

I went with great rather than good in the context of this thread.

Grand that you think all the things in your post , I don't like, but cool for you.

aclark

We have had to battle, scrape and scratch our way back to where we are now in the face of ridiculous odds stacked against us. The whole of Scottish football set against allowing us to recover, from the likes of the spoon burners not dealing with us over Scott Allen to referees sending people off for celebrating a goal, through the spiv years to Ally’s karaoke. We’re now in a place where we are the most professionally run club in the country, were singing a multi million pound defender, we almost expect to make the groups of the Europa League and 55 is a very real and tantalising prospect.

Enjoy 55 when it happens Bears because it’s been bloody hard earned!

Post of the fukin year my friend.

Barney Bear

I'm confident Stevie G will deliver 55 this season. A long way you better believe it, but when we are champions next year.......the mother of all parties.

RFC417

We've came nowhere.

Three wins over the filth in three years.

Humiliations at the hands of the filth, that will be remembered and regurgitated forever.

Let's win something and take it from there.

FFS, Juve were sent packing and were back playing against the best in the same time as we've been kidding ourselves on.

And yes, there were different restrictions and hatred involved.
Given the state of the club, I reckon we have came a long way. Over the piece the whole club was decimated, all our assets lost, illegal transfer embargos, monies confiscated, we were rudderless, run by thieves, had no players, virtually no ground staff and were 48 hours from never playing football again. We were on life support and every man and his dog trying to kill us.

I agree we have a bit to go, but saying today "we've come nowhere" is simply not true. But if your idea of getting somewhere is winning something as you say, fair dos. We have done fucking nothing.

And to compare us to the slap on the wrist Juventus got is a load of horseshit. Different restrictions? An altogether different scenario with very limited consequences and Juventus were protected because the Italians knew their league needed them but had to be seen to do something.

BlueLagoonCo

Tbh you're not stating nothing new. I'm sure we all know our failures and try keep our powder dry, but to say we haven't moved on from the constant off field nonsense and media reporting on absolute negativity on a constant is mental. It has probably taken longer than we all hoped to get to a stage where we can honestly say we're ready to challenge, and I'd say to all our doubters write us off at your own peril

kblair2912

From old BBC report :

Rangers: Alexander, Goian, Bocanegra, Broadfoot, Wallace, McKay (Naismith 96), Black, Hutton, Macleod, Little (Crawford 111), McCulloch. Subs Not Used: Gallacher, Cole.
Booked: Little, Black.
Goals: Little 4, McCulloch 102.
Att: 4,123
Ref: George Salmond

Seems like a bad nightmare when you read that team. Fair play Lee Wallace and Lee McCulloch as their stock was reasonably high at the time and could easily have left.

westenclosurebear

We've came nowhere.

Three wins over the filth in three years.

Humiliations at the hands of the filth, that will be remembered and regurgitated forever.

Let's win something and take it from there.

FFS, Juve were sent packing and were back playing against the best in the same time as we've been kidding ourselves on.

And yes, there were different restrictions and hatred involved.
Were Juve hampered and hindered? Fucked over by contracts signed before the Board was horsed out on their arse?

I've read some shit in my time on here, you're leading with a bit to spare.

Papac

I reminded myself a half hour ago or so that we finished 3rd in the Championship a few years ago. I genuinely hope that it'll never, ever be as bad as that again.

pelem

We've come a long, long way since 2012, through the bad times to now good

We wanta celebrate you Rangers, we want to sing it like we should..

55 Come On, 55 Come to Us, 55 lets do it.

Don't forget that We ARE the PEOPLE.

NHAMPTON_BEAR

The fact is we can see light at the end of the tunnel...are we there yet? No, but we are getting close and the strategy our board have put in place is to be commended. .

It’s easy to win a boxing match when your opponent has one hand tied behind their back. Now it’s getting close to a fair fight. We are approaching #55 and when that comes, those arrogant feckers from across the city will not know what to do with themselves.