We’ve got a good relationship with Rangers and hopefully, if it isn’t Glenn, it will maybe be somebody else

Bonnyloyal

St. Johnstone boss Callum Davidson is hoping to extend Glenn Middleton’s stint in Perth but if not, he plans another loan deal with Rangers.

The player will return to Rangers for pre season but it is fair to say that his future is uncertain.

Here is what the St. Johnstone manager had to say:

“Glenn wasn’t getting first team football at Rangers and he wanted to prove himself.”

“All credit to him for doing that – he stepped up and scored some crucial goals for us.”

“I do believe that if Glenn has a full season with someone and plays a lot of games he’ll go on to do great things and push for a place in the Scotland squad.”

“I’ve spoken to Rangers, who have been brilliant. They’ve been really honest with me.”

“They want him to go back there and they’ll assess how he’s getting on.”

“It’s definitely not one I’d shut the door on.”

“We’ve got a good relationship with Rangers and hopefully, if it isn’t Glenn, it will maybe be somebody else.”

If we don't feel he is close to the squad yet then I'd give him another season there definitely. I think Kelly would do a decent job for them too, decent step up for him after Ross County

St. Johnstone boss Callum Davidson is hoping to extend Glenn Middleton’s stint in Perth but if not, he plans another loan deal with Rangers.

The player will return to Rangers for pre season but it is fair to say that his future is uncertain.

Here is what the St. Johnstone manager had to say:

“Glenn wasn’t getting first team football at Rangers and he wanted to prove himself.”

“All credit to him for doing that – he stepped up and scored some crucial goals for us.”

“I do believe that if Glenn has a full season with someone and plays a lot of games he’ll go on to do great things and push for a place in the Scotland squad.”

“I’ve spoken to Rangers, who have been brilliant. They’ve been really honest with me.”

“They want him to go back there and they’ll assess how he’s getting on.”

“It’s definitely not one I’d shut the door on.”

“We’ve got a good relationship with Rangers and hopefully, if it isn’t Glenn, it will maybe be somebody else.”
Last two games against us I was really impressed, they played football much better than terrymunro and his mates. If our players are to go out loan anywhere I’d choose there.

Davidson seems trustworthy with the his players and wants to improve them. Not sure he'll ever have a season like the last one but players seem to like his style

club are doing good work to build bridges with clubs who seem to have a problem with us(not meaning st Johnstone) but sending players to hibs & Aberdeen

club are doing good work to build bridges with clubs who seem to have a problem with us(not meaning st Johnstone) but sending players to hibs & Aberdeen
I'd like to think it was just arming others with better players to play the crash barriers. Would love to turn off any help or support to these bastards. St Johnstone irk me less than most, but still haven't much time for them.

The real manager of the year, don't you know .

Actually, I quite like Davidson and I would rather we supported St. J with loans than filth like Hibs or St. M.

He does seem like a good coach.

They're all filth bud.
Shouldn't be dealing with any of them.

Loans within the same division shouldn't be allowed anyway.

Last edited:
I think Kennedy going there would be a good move for both parties they don't have many creative players which is probably what they need to kick on and challenge hibs and Aberdeen for 3rd place. And for us it seems to be that Davidson is a good coach who could improve players and Kennedy gets experience at a higher level

I actually think the boy will be looked after by Davidson. Just my opinion. Interesting to note on a rodent forum, their fans had ruled out Davidson as manager material due to his "background".

Must be one of us then. The non bigoted zealots at parkhead are all over this type of info.

Interesting to see how he develops after last year. I’d like to see a far better showing in the league for him or a move elsewhere to see what he is about.

Ah I really wish I still had the heart to hold out an olive branch to other clubs in Scotland but I just want them all to die.

Must be one of us then. The non bigoted zealots at parkhead are all over this type of info.

Interesting to see how he develops after last year. I’d like to see a far better showing in the league for him or a move elsewhere to see what he is about.
Whether he is or isn't, they've got it in their head he's one of us, so he's at a disadvantage. Wouldn't mind him in years to come, if he's done a bit in the game. Think he's been in England most of his days, so you can see him heading to some level there in future. Mad that he'll have a bronze statue in Perth sometime. Legendary status.

I think Kennedy going there would be a good move for both parties they don't have many creative players which is probably what they need to kick on and challenge hibs and Aberdeen for 3rd place. And for us it seems to be that Davidson is a good coach who could improve players and Kennedy gets experience at a higher level

It's a striker they're desperate for tbh.

If he has another good season or so at St Johnstone on a limited budget I could see him at Hearts or Aberdeen in the not too distant future.

He seems to be a decent coach and his teams generally try to play more than some in the division so I wouldn’t be adverse to sending a couple of players who need game time there.

I'd like to think it was just arming others with better players to play the crash barriers. Would love to turn off any help or support to these bastards. St Johnstone irk me less than most, but still haven't much time for them.

And that is an area we used to be miles behind celtic at. We needed to get smarter and we have done

Nice words from a decent Manager and person.

I don't subscribe to the "No-one likes us we don't care' mentality.

Having positive relationships with the likes of St Johnstone is the way forward and I'm glad we, as a club, can see the bigger picture.

It's our haters that really want us isolated.

Looks like a decent deal for all parties, a full year in the first team would do the young man the world of good

The real manager of the year, don't you know .

Actually, I quite like Davidson and I would rather we supported St. J with loans than filth like Hibs or St. M.

He does seem like a good coach.
You’re not suggesting we should be “building bridges” are you?

if so, prepare for a shitstorm

I wish I could be positive about Scottish football, but in reality, I don't have any time for other clubs, as hard as I try.
To me, it is a place we are in it to win it, in order to increase the profile of the club outside of Scotland, where it really matters.
One day eventually I would leave them all behind us to wither on the branch of their own detestable hatreds.
One day soon, ... I hope.

Sorry, but that is the only deal I am able to offer them in my heart.

I do wonder why?

Nice words from a decent Manager and person.

I don't subscribe to the "No-one likes us we don't care' mentality.

Having positive relationships with the likes of St Johnstone is the way forward and I'm glad we, as a club, can see the bigger picture.

It's our haters that really want us isolated.

Agree Lucy.

If we want to take on our REAL enemies ( Celtic, SFA, SPFL cult ) we need better relationships with these other clubs like St Johnstone.

Leon king was told the only way he was getting out was getting out on loan was if he was getting 25+ games.

Club are still unsure what to do.

Last edited:
Callum was treated appallingly as a young player by Paul Sturrock, nearly gave the game up. He’ll be a tremendous support to the likes of Middleton

Back