We all love "Sweet Caroline" as an anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
NI have been singing this for a long time, it's gotten very popular with a lot of teams since the Euros.

I fucking HATE ‘Sweet Caroline’.
It’s the most punchable song out.

Used to only hear it at 60ths, now it’s bloody everywhere. Went PSV 2 years ago and they played it about 10 minutes before kick off, seem to hear it every weekend now at Sport.

It’s a sh!te song and it reminds me of bad karaoke.

I was actually glad Bates left us so I wouldn’t have to hear the horrific song we sang for him.

'Sweet Caroline' could easily be adapted to 'Steeevie Gerrard (boom boom boom) brought back good times to our club'.

No. The temptation would be too much for the brain donor's. They would sing it. It would cause us even more damage. There is still way too many folk that need a list ffs to tell them what to sing. Folk that think it's only 19th Century Terrorist when used in 1 song. Last thing we need is another bastardised song

There is nothing that a certain element won’t turn into a sectarian chant/song. Back in the days when The Best was a big pre-match build up anthem I truly despised those fans that took it away from us.

There is nothing that a certain element won’t turn into a sectarian chant/song. Back in the days when The Best was a big pre-match build up anthem I truly despised those fans that took it away from us.
Let’s not rewrite history the vast majority of the support sang ftp and the ira when simply the best came on during the build up hence why rangers cut it short.cup final in 99 v the tims the whole rangers end sang it when they played it.pre match build up at Ibrox they played the tune to “bought a flute for 50 pence” (Tom hark) and the club knew fine the lyrics that were being used.so let’s not pretend it’s a tiny minority that did it

Let’s not rewrite history the vast majority of the support sang ftp and the ira when simply the best came on during the build up hence why rangers cut it short.cup final in 99 v the tims the whole rangers end sang it when they played it.pre match build up at Ibrox they played the tune to “bought a flute for 50 pence” (Tom hark) and the club knew fine the lyrics that were being used.so let’s not pretend it’s a tiny minority that did it

I’m not pretending it was a small group, but I do recall when it was cut short that the club tried to bring it back and practically begged the fans to drop the add-ons and there was still an element that couldn’t control themselves.

We have a large section of our support that will join in with the sectarian stuff but can also drop it, and another section that seem to actively want to go against the club’s wishes.

I was in that larger section, the ‘90 minute bigot’ type group, until I realised that all I was doing was giving cover and support to real bigoted haters, and I cut it all out, probably 20 years ago.

Hate it and I am from Northern Ireland. Hate going to Northern Ireland matches, atmosphere is too Rugby like for my liking and a high percentage of NI fans that go to games behave like middle class douchebags!

It's played when the Boston RedSox win.
I don't like teams from Boston winning.

It's a 'No' for me.

As an aside, I heard some adding Big Jock Knew to it when it was played before a gig in the Cathouse.

but are we mature enough to ignore the "Boom boom boom" or use something else like these guys:

Yes mate,tunes like that would get more fans singing and creating an atmosphere.
We have a great fan base but sometimes this everyone's against us mantra can be draining.
Let's get some proper catchy and uplifting tunes and ignore the detractors.

Yep.
Apparently its our culture, tradition and history, to have to shout FTP.
I will get pelters for that, but some folk just cant or wont stop with it.
The amount of times I have to mute microphones when I’m presenting a karaoke in the pub because some can’t help themselves would surprise you.

And it’s generally not the older ones who are guilty of it...

Two things that are a cert to happen this weekend

1) Any republican ditty or naughty Song sung by the mentally challengeds will be met full on with our party tunes

2) we beat them on Sunday the old favourites will be getting belted out as a victory salute st the end

Two things that are a cert to happen this weekend

1) Any republican ditty or naughty Song sung by the mentally challengeds will be met full on with our party tunes

2) we beat them on Sunday the old favourites will be getting belted out as a victory salute st the end

Yup an absolute certainty.

Also if we do win there will no doubt be ‘cheer up Neil Lennon’

Then, of course, in the aftermath they’ll be another media shit storm. Lennon will milk it for all its worth, politicians will be involved and the result will be secondary.

We never learn.

We must look like a bunch of fannies to outsiders. Discussing songs and deeming them unsuitable because large sections of our support can’t be trusted not to add an ftp to any tune with a three beat bar.

If we can’t stop feeling sorry for ourselves and blaming others for where we are at, we’re f88ked. Irrespective of our personal opinions or standpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back