We all ok with Gio's get ahead and sit back approach?

No.
The fast paced attacking football is being replaced with long balls, 3 yards sideway passes, back passes.

How do you beat a mediocre Aberdeen, attack them and play to our strengths.

Really don't like the approach of sitting deep and letting the opposition play in front of us, our defence isn't good enough to guarantee "keeping the zero" as Gio might say. Too easy to lose a goal, be it a mistake, bounce of the ball or delection or refereeing decision and you're losing points.

Playing the way we have in recent away fixtures will probably see few losses but I fear too many draws which are little better.

Much prefer being on the front foot and pressurising opponents, who in Scotland anyway, are almost always going to be inferior.

We're still in a position of strength, the time to dominate is now and not when we have dropped more avoidable points.

My observation was that we couldn't even deploy the counter attack system because it seemed like too many of our players surrendered to the physical battle from the Aberdeen players and therefore were giving the ball away sloppily when we had it.

The Lundstram substitute was a bizarre one.
Our players were not allowed a physical battle with the Aberdeen players.

This was solely down to the ref blowing every time. Sheepy gets pressured, goes to ground, gets a free kick. Meanwhile they were able to foul repeatedly with minimal sanction.

Amazing? No, that’s a ridiculous suggestion. Several games where we should have pumped teams and won 2-0. Better than we were this season before we took over? Yes. But nowhere near last season’s standard.
Yes - I have been very very happy with the start Geo has made . It will only get better - we are very lucky to have him as manager .

Worth remembering we had a string of 1-0s under Gerrard under the 55 season, some of them were painful to watch too.

I don’t see why we don’t get on the front foot against teams. We have the squad to do it. Sitting back on a 1-0 is just asking for trouble, and we got it last night.

It's not going to work on Feb 2nd so we better get our finger out pronto. This slow one paced lethargic type of performance won't wash there.

Can't stand it, we are not good enough to sit back and defend a lead at the moment. Better defending from the front and use our better players to kill teams off.

The boys Sands did ok, but I am still scratching my head as to why he was played
and Sakala was on the bench.
We made Aberdeen look good, and Brown pissing around, would never have happened
, could you imagine Souness playing against him.
My point is we were fragile. Maybe I was a wee bit raw watching the game when I said we were gutless.
Tippy tappy in midfield, its nice now and then, but we really need to roll the sleeves up at times and
it seems to me that we are lacking in that department.
A little of course, Gio does come across as being really nice, this infuriates me, I don`t want him
ranting and behaving like the mentally challengeds, but he really should have instructed someone to stiffen Brown
and he should have slaughtered the ref for Kents red card.
We need to get angry and nasty, alright then we need to be more aggresive.

I can almost understand sitting in when a couple of goals up, but all it did was encourage the Aberdeen fans as it gave the perception they were pinning us back (something their manager mentioned), which in turn boosted the Aberdeen team.

Not to mention the space we gave Ferguson etc despite us being setup to defend was a worry. Also means you need to rip up the whole system (players, formation, tactics, mindset) as soon as Aberdeen score.

Back