We all ok with Gio's get ahead and sit back approach?

We got fortunate at Easter Road with the late penalty as we were hopeless that night too and didn’t look like scoring

Away to Livi after the early 2 goals we were utterly abysmal too

Home to Dundee Utd we were atrocious

Tonight was the worst of the lot though. Barely had a shot on goal and their keeper could have had the deckchair and cigar out for most of that game

Tynecastle we got fortunate with McGregor and them missing some decent chances

Fine for the last few minutes of a game only, before that you focus 100% on getting the second goal or it inevitably comes back to bite you

We gave a God awful Aberdeen team a free point tonight and as bad as were on the park Gio didn't do much to change it either.

Likes pace on the wings but replaced the pacey Wright (who was poor) with no pace Hagi (who was also poor) to bring on another holding midfielder option with 30+ minutes to go. Also waiting until the mid-late 70's to bring on Sakala. Absolutely baffling.

Strongly dislike it and it asks for trouble.

That is not to say we should be gunho and disorganised but when playing inferior opposition we should be forcing them into their own half and defending their penalty area, not the other way about.

Yes I am - I trust Gio
We had a bad night - a bad ref & it was Aberdeen’s game of the season for effort.
We have been amazing under Gio - it will work again.
Amazing? No, that’s a ridiculous suggestion. Several games where we should have pumped teams and won 2-0. Better than we were this season before we took over? Yes. But nowhere near last season’s standard.

We got fortunate at Easter Road with the late penalty as we were hopeless that night too and didn’t look like scoring

Tonight was the worst of the lot though. Barely had a shot on goal and their keeper could have had the deckchair and cigar out for most of that game

Im glad you're one of the few on here not afraid to speak out. Well said.

It sends out the wrong message to other teams. I'm not saying he is crap or anything like that, but you don't get the feeling that we are absolutely going to hammer someone under Gio and when your in a league where you will get a lot of hard work and effort coming up against you, without any fear of being humiliated your going to %^*& up like we done today.

We cant play like that with(some) of our refs, it encourages them to behave like maniacs we have to go out a finish the game early and not allow the opposition hang in there and believe they can get something...more importantly we cant make it easier for the official to manipulate it as quite a few of them will.

Need a strong midfield to be able to control a game and we didn't have that tonight with Kamara and Sands. Far too passive. Lundstram coming on didn't help much, especially when Kent got sent off.

Summed it up perfectly, we have picked up the points but fair too say with a good bit of luck thrown our way. Rangers shouldn't be shutting up shop against anyone domestically and I fear if he continues with this tactic we may come a cropper.

I have been a bit uneasy with the keep the zero stuff as I thought it was just covering up some poor performances. Yes we have been getting the results but i just keep thinking we are not as good as we're hyping ourselves up to be.
Hopefully come the end of the season we are crowned champions and the worry counts for nothing although i don't think it is going to be as easy as many on here think.

I’d be ok with it if our forward players were capable of punishing teams on the counter. Something I hope they are working on in training. Kent, Hagi and Wright were so wasteful in possession last night.

It just amazes me that we go anywhere and sit back. We are better than any team in Scotland, just go head to head and we'll beat them surely?

Is it maybe just Gio still finding his feet and sussing out the situation? When Walter came back for his second spell the first thing he did was shore up the defence with Weir and Ehiogu then built from it.

Weirdly we play attacking line ups away from home yet never dominate.

Good at Hearts then shut up shop.

Nothing at Hibs but got a late penalty.

Gash tonight but probably should have won.

I know there are some on here who turn into banshees at any suggestion that we could be better in any aspect of anything. But this passivity in away games is not good. And won't work at the Piggery.

Maybe Gio has a log in here. And will abandon his negative tactics with all these threads telling him how to manage our team that has just dropped the first points of his tenure. Or maybe not.

We were dropping points prior to him arriving and playing all this negative stuff. And I'm sure we will drop more points before we win 56.

Perhaps we can compare the goals scored / against. Gerrard v Gio this season and points gained.

Happened far too many times for me and we'll get caught out again and again
In my opinion, a little unfair considering the circumstances.
Injuries, first game back from winter break..etc…

It’s one game.
But I hope a wake up call for Gio and the board not to take this transfer window.
Lightly.

Our season could depend on what they do next.
Or…Fail to do.

Personally I believe we are carrying too much dead wood.
Time to trim, and get in reinforcements.
Pronto!

And that might mean another first team player leaving to create funds for a player /s Gio actually wants.
Instead of is stuck with!

My god. Sometimes ye dont win. Its professional football. Not five
asides

Mind the earls got schooled against St murder

To be fair st Mirren actually had more first team starters than celtic who only had 4 of their strongest 11

they had no Hart, Juranovic, Starfelt, Taylor, Turnbull, Jota, Kyogo fit to be in their starting 11 that night.

They also had 83% possession, 30 shots and 16 corners

to put it in to perspective tonight we had

41% possession, 7 shots and 4 corners.

we play our game again with our stats we draw again at best, celtic play theirs again they win 6/7 nil comfortably.

Defended too deep,disconnect between defence, midfield and attack. Our pressing on a dreadful Aberdeen defence was non existent.
Kamara and Sands looked lost and we very seldom had any real control or creativity. Makes you wonder what they have been working on in training?

Very concerned with lack of pattern linkup or general looking like we know what we are doing going forward.

We’ve just about had a combined half a dozen shots at goal from games away at Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen.

The 2 goals at Hearts were excellent skillful moments. But you win games by building pressure making teams crack. We exert zero pressure at the moment, in my opinion.

We should be aware that we couldnt use Davis Jack Arfield or Aribo tonight.

It showed.

Back