We all ok with Gio's get ahead and sit back approach?

We got fortunate at Easter Road with the late penalty as we were hopeless that night too and didn’t look like scoring

Away to Livi after the early 2 goals we were utterly abysmal too

Home to Dundee Utd we were atrocious

Tonight was the worst of the lot though. Barely had a shot on goal and their keeper could have had the deckchair and cigar out for most of that game

Tynecastle we got fortunate with McGregor and them missing some decent chances
Correct on all points sir.

Get this sorted Gio.

To early for me to judge but he's only signed 2 players one of them for next season so he's playing with Gerrard's team. We had plenty of players missing tonight but Wright should never have started for me more of a squad player offers more coming on as a substitute when defenders are more tired.

To early for me to judge but he's only signed 2 players one of them for next season so he's playing with Gerrard's team. We had plenty of players missing tonight but Wright should never have started for me more of a squad player offers more coming on as a substitute when defenders are more tired.
Wright was the least of our worries tonight.
Midfield was abysmal.

Far from wanting Gio out now, but continuing like we are will not lead to success and you know it
On the basis of last nights performance let's hope the lack of hunger and desire that CG spoke about after the league cup semi final hasn't crept back into the team?

Gio is having to work with some options in positions (due to injury or not having better at his disposal) which he will know will require upgrade for the team in general and his system. With the exception of Sakala ahead of Wright not sure there was a better XI starting. Kamara as the senior midfielder controlling the middle and the tempo, and next to a new team mate, it just wasn’t quick enough. That doesn’t diminish the responsibility of others having a slack passing game.

We got fortunate at Easter Road with the late penalty as we were hopeless that night too and didn’t look like scoring

Tonight was the worst of the lot though. Barely had a shot on goal and their keeper could have had the deckchair and cigar out for most of that game

Will put this down to toys getting chucked out the pram after us dropping points. Ridiculous.

This is true.

The metrics showed this was coming. The performances away from home, despite winning, were nowhere near good enough.

Overperforming our xG & goals conceded is exactly what a new manager bounce tends to consist of. Thats over now.

Time to learn from the mistakes.

This is true.

The metrics showed this was coming. The performances away from home, despite winning, were nowhere near good enough.

Overperforming our xG & goals conceded is exactly what a new manager bounce tends to consist of. Thats over now.

Who's leading the fantasy league this week?

i keep telling myself GVB knows the script having played for us. With the exception of a couple of great Ajax and Feyenoord teams however, most Dutch clubs come to Glasgow with their fancy dan approach and get pumped. He and his team better be up for a fight because they are going to find out how dirty this league really is

Last edited:
Funny how he was a massive upgrade on Gerrard until tonight:rolleyes:
We played like a Gerrard team last night that tells me the spark that all teams get when the new manager comes in has gone we are back to performances we had when Gerrard was at the end of his reign that's down to the player's they have been to long together gone stale we need to sign a couple of first teamers no more project player's Sands maybe good but he ain't pushing into the first team on a regular basis & he's not what we need just now it's quality we need even 2 new signings to freshen the squad up this is a league we need to win we ain't spent nowt yet & the Tim's are throwing everything at it spent millions up till now the know if they win the league this year they can recoup the money that they have spent & set us back for years into the bargain.

The performances against Aberdeen, Dundee Utd & 2nd half against Hearts have been nothing short of appalling.

Lack of chances created against Aberdeen & Utd in particular, protecting 1 goal leads just will not do. Vast improvement required.

Fine against Dortmund, mind!

Not sure I agree. Dortmund can be got at but you have to attack them and try an hurt them in forward areas.

Sitting in against any team, especially ones with top class forward players, is just asking for trouble.

This is true.

We mised a trick, the board shouldve consulted you before appointing GVB. You saw it all coming.
Do you reckon we should maybe appoint a new manager every six weeks or so, thereby we would forever have "a new manager bounce"? Do you reckon that might work?

Last edited:
This tactic is slightly mitigated by having control of the midfield, which last night we didn’t. I must be honest and say I am not a big fan of GVB away tactics when we play this way. It will be pointed out we are unbeaten away from home but we rode our luck last night and especially at Tynecastle. It will be interesting to see how we set up at the piggery.

We played like a Gerrard team last night that tells me the spark that all teams get when the new manager comes in has gone we are back to performances we had when Gerrard was at the end of his reign that's down to the player's they have been to long together gone stale we need to sign a couple of first teamers no more project player's Sands maybe good but he ain't pushing into the first team on a regular basis & he's not what we need just now it's quality we need even 2 new signings to freshen the squad up this is a league we need to win we ain't spent nowt yet & the Tim's are throwing everything at it spent millions up till now the know if they win the league this year they can recoup the money that they have spent & set us back for years into the bargain.
Gerrard teams control the game. We went to Aberdeen his first game we dominated with 10 men.

A gerrard team would have dominated the ball, not sit off them for majority of the game.

We've not lost a game under him and tonight was the first goal and draw against us since he took charge. Behave.
We sat back on a slender one goal lead v a covid hampered Dundee United side at Ibrox. Our sitting back and fannying about almost cost us dear when they hit the bar in the dying seconds.

This is accurate IMO - & Boyce missed umpteen easy chances at Hearts.

We have Alfie, Kent, Aribo & Roofe (when fit) up front - up against what are generally journeyman SPFL defenders - what on earth are we sitting back for?!?!

We should be on the front foot, home & away, every game, for the whole game.

Will put this down to toys getting chucked out the pram after us dropping points. Ridiculous.
Can’t really disagree with any of the points which he made to be honest, last night we got what was coming to us after those performances mentioned.

Major improvement needed.

We had an off night simple as that. Cant blame tactics when our players could barely string 3 passes together. As the manager said lets move on.

We had an off night simple as that. Cant blame tactics when our players could barely string 3 passes together. As the manager said lets move on.
When does off night become consistent though?

We haven’t played well in the League away from home since the Motherwell 6-1 result.

Grinding out results, but we have been lucky and the performances have been way below par.

Can’t really disagree with any of the points which he made to be honest, last night we got what was coming to us after those performances mentioned.

Major improvement needed.
Yeah definitely. 8 wins and a draw. Definitely been coming. So what's coming to us in the next few games? Since you guys obviously saw it coming but never let any of us know in advance this time. Just want to be prepared.

Well, yes, as it's always a bad pass or deflected shot away from biting you on the arse, whatever team you are and whoever the manager is.

However I think last night was more about a poor overall performance.

I was pretty disappointed with the display last night.

Hibs away was poor despite a favourable result and to an extent I almost wrote off some of those earlier games in the sense Gio was just in the door and hadn’t had a significant amount of pitch time with the squad to get his message across.

To come back after a 3 week break and serve up that last night is a bit concerning, because we will face much better sides in the next handful of matches and we were incredibly negative and carried very little attacking threat. Players missing (plus the ridiculous officiating) definitely a factor but we need to adapt and quickly.

Yeah definitely. 8 wins and a draw. Definitely been coming. So what's coming to us in the next few games? Since you guys obviously saw it coming but never let any of us know in advance this time. Just want to be prepared.
Celtic away, if you continue to sit back and offer next to no attacking threat then we are in for a similar night to last night.

Maybe next time we will think of you to give you a heads up but if you can’t see that the performances against Hearts and Hibs away we got away with it then your watching a different game. We tried to do the same last night and it didn’t work out.

No he’s got to go, unacceptable for Rangers to draw a game at a tricky venue. He’s shown he’s not up to the job and god knows what Roy Makaay has been doing? Do they even work on anything during training? Even though Tav didn’t do anything wrong last night I’m starting to think letting Nathan go is coming back to bite us. If we don’t spend big I think 56 is gone, They have players from Japan and what have we been given? A loan deal for a boy who already looks to be toiling. Wilson needs to start earning his huge salary.

Last edited:
Celtic away, if you continue to sit back and offer next to no attacking threat then we are in for a similar night to last night.

Maybe next time we will think of you to give you a heads up but if you can’t see that the performances against Hearts and Hibs away we got away with it then your watching a different game. We tried to do the same last night and it didn’t work out.
And just think mate if we do drop points to the filth you'll be able to come on here and tell us all you were right! Bet you're giddy at the thought.

We definitely robbed 6 points at Tyncastle and Easter Rd tho, you're dead right! The fact that opposing teams had the temerity to have moments in the matches are deeply concerning. I barely slept after the 2-0 win at Tyncastle. I won't be happy until we win every week, with clean sheets, zero shots conceded on target and less than 2 corners to the opposition.

I expect 38 games and 38 wins per season. Anything less is unacceptable.

No. We have the best team, we should put teams to the sword. Sitting in to protect a 1-0 against an Aberdeen team that are 5th is not acceptable. The more often you try to protect a 1-0 rather than go for a second, the deeper you sit and the more confidence you give the opposition. Teams will know that at 1-0 they are still very much in the game as opposed to thinking its 1-0, we are getting battered now.

First time I have disagreed with something he said tonight.

"We cannot always play as the dominant team. Always in control and takingbthhe game to the opponent. We are gping to have games like this"

We are Rangers. We need to be on the front foot every game!

The performances against Aberdeen, Dundee Utd & 2nd half against Hearts have been nothing short of appalling.

Lack of chances created against Aberdeen & Utd in particular, protecting 1 goal leads just will not do. Vast improvement required.
Hibs was pretty poor too if we are honest.

In what way?

I’m delighted with our start under Gio in terms of points but there can be no sugar coating that in some games, we’ve rode our luck at times and in other games we’ve been mince

Back