We are better

It’s a bit of a diddy team mentality to cherry pick games against them. Anyone can raise their game for the bigger occasions.

Livingston beat them last season, and also managed a draw (Celtic got a lucky last minute equaliser), and Livi actually dominated both games. Are they better too?

The best teams are ruthlessly consistent. They remain focused no matter the occasion. That’s why Brian Clough said winning the league was better than winning the European Cup. It’s the ultimate test of endurance, mental strength and resilience because you have to do it every week for 9 months. That’s what really separates the good teams from the better teams.

Our team clearly has ability but they need to prove they have what it really takes to be champions, because ability is only half of the formula.

Five subs rule is what will %^*& us.

11 v 11 we’d beat them every time. They’ve got quality in their reserves and we don’t sadly.

They can bring on Upto five game changing quality players.

We can bring on one or two game changers and three sub standard players.
I’ll wait to see if this is going to be an advantage or not.
Of course, the extra quality will be but, given that you need to bring on two at a time, I’m not sure what this’ll do to the flow of the game.
It might, it will, have other advantages of course.
Minute for players returning from injury and for developing kids, for example.

Dropping points from winning positions killed us imo

the scum don’t do that

and the massive elephant in the Room referring decisions they are good for a 12 point swing 6 plus for Celtic and -6 for us

Dropping points from winning positions killed us imo

the scum don’t do that

and the massive elephant in the Room referring decisions they are good for a 12 point swing 6 plus for Celtic and -6 for us
The refereeing decisions are a big factor. They know that they can rely on a favour or two from the officials. Just look at their game v Hamilton last season. They were struggling and should have been down to 10 men, when Griffiths should have seen red. Next up, a Hamilton player is red carded for a lesser offence than Griffiths, and it’s Hamilton who are disadvantaged. Again look at the last game v us in December - Clancy being very lenient with them to avoid giving several 2nd yellows, but no such leniency with Alfie. I don’t see it being any different this season, as Clancy seems to be held in high regard for his helping hand last season and he seems to have taken over from Craig Thomson as their referee of choice.

The game at Ibrox last season completely wiped from your memory op?
The thing is mate, we were even the better team that day at Ibrox. They took their chance and we didn’t take ours.

At the end we were caught out trying to get the goal back and they went up the park on the counter to make it 2.

At the end of the day our issue lies with breaking down a low block and beating the smaller teams. Let’s hope Gerrard has been working on that in pre-season.

That is the problem though , it is winning games against the so called lesser teams that kills us. Hopefully lessons have been learned last 2 seasons.
It’s about being a winner. If they don’t believe it we’re in for a hard season. Never give up and never accept anything other a win.
The manager has it in bucket loads, just hope those players who haven’t shown that quality (that I’m used to through all my years) step up to the plate.

Who are these game changing quality players?
The notorious WIG, ntcham, Rogic for starters. Also no idea how their new signings will pan out but at least they’ve made some. Delighted we got hagi on a perm and grateful for it and Bassey May well turn out to be a gem but we haven’t (yet) added much in the way of attacking quality. I just feel they’ve got more squad depth than us and we are notoriously unlucky with injuries.

One of those wins was against 10 men, two were legitimate and one was completely against the run of play and a match they'd have lost 99 times out of 100.

All conjecture of course but I don't really have any concerns head-to-head against them. I'm far more concerned with breaking down teams that put 10 men behind the ball.

This is Gerrard and Beale’s biggest challenge this season, IMO.

They’ve set us up in a way to play attractive passing football with a high press, but it tends to really only work against sides who actually try and make a game of it. Against teams who stick ten men behind the ball and look to frustrate their way to a point or a lucky win, we have looked increasingly unsure how to break those sides down.

The post Xmas implosion this year was in large part this dilemma coming home to roost.

Better players would help, but an alternative approach or formation really should be something they’re willing to adopt by now.

If they don’t, it could be like watching a rerun of the past couple of seasons.

The notorious WIG, ntcham, Rogic for starters. Also no idea how their new signings will pan out but at least they’ve made some. Delighted we got hagi on a perm and grateful for it and Bassey May well turn out to be a gem but we haven’t (yet) added much in the way of attacking quality. I just feel they’ve got more squad depth than us and we are notoriously unlucky with injuries.
"at least theyve made some" signings? They have made 1 and brought back a sicknote from last year on loan.

Don't think they fear them it's just that against us they raise their game but not against septic.
I think that's dangerous nonsense.
It's up to us to kill off the dross that makes up the SPFL, teams don't come out and attack the Tims, they sit in and they have to break them down and grind out results, that's what we need to do as well.
May as well throw in Refs and plastic pitches...............get the excuses in early

It’s mentality that we struggle with. And it’s the same team. We can get up for the big games, and we have enough quality against the dross; but it’s the games against Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs etc that we’ve struggled with for years.

The jobber teams in this league are far more up for games against us than they are against the mhanks. That's where we need to be better in every department starting today against a horrible, horrible outfit.

I didn't think either team were up to much that day to be honest, thought it was just a pretty shite game decided by a clusterfuck from Goldson.

Head to head I'd back us to beat them, but that alone doesn't win the league sadly.

We never laid a glove on them that day, it was all too easy for them.

Theyll sell players, Rogic and Ntcham I would expect 1 or both to go. The depth in their squad is reducing season on season

The thing is mate, we were even the better team that day at Ibrox. They took their chance and we didn’t take ours.

At the end we were caught out trying to get the goal back and they went up the park on the counter to make it 2.

At the end of the day our issue lies with breaking down a low block and beating the smaller teams. Let’s hope Gerrard has been working on that in pre-season.

Lolz...we were utter pish that day & got what we deserved

Got a bit excited when I saw this bumped during their game.

Turns out it was for f*ck all. Strange.

They’ve been terrible so far today. Hamilton should be ahead.

We were much more convincing against a far stronger Aberdeen side yesterday. We have nothing to fear.

They’ve been terrible so far today. Hamilton should be ahead.

We were much more convincing against a far stronger Aberdeen side yesterday. We have nothing to fear.

True but their midfield once again is gonna carry them through games. Forget about eduoard. Christie McGregor. They all can score. I hope some fooker row z them both

I generally never watch them unless it’s against us

Watching today as feck all else on, the one thing they do is attack more aggressively than we do, get the ball into the box quicker with a number of options beyond the 18 yard box

However they do concede chances

My fear remains that they are more ruthless than we are and that’s a streak we need to inject into our game ASAP

I generally never watch them unless it’s against us

Watching today as feck all else on, the one thing they do is attack more aggressively than we do, get the ball into the box quicker with a number of options beyond the 18 yard box

However they do concede chances

My fear remains that they are more ruthless than we are and that’s a streak we need to inject into our game ASAP
Thats the one area they are ahead of us but we can sort that by bringing in a few attacking players.

They flood the box at every opportunity and take more risks than we do.

Thats the one area they are ahead of us but we can sort that by bringing in a few attacking players.

Think we can mate and we need to

Hamilton are woeful but 4th goal there Celtic had 5 players within about 12 yards of the goal when they scored

We need to treat teams like this the save war at they do

The game at Ibrox last season completely wiped from your memory op?

We didnt play well but SG learned you cant play 5 midfielders at home.

Goldson cost us also.

On our day we are better than them but this needs to be more consistent.

Watching the Dec game, we played them off their midden. We as a team are far better, they have not improved. We won’t drop points against them so let’s win against the rest

Unless you missed the remainder of the season, you need to realise the insanity of what you're saying.

We'll be better than them when we get to the top of the league and stay there, we've utterly collapsed 2 years in a row the second we've gotten there.

No-one has ever argued our players ability, it's their mentality - and that comes with success.

This is 100% the difference between us and them in games against the dross. Been saying it for 2 years. Theres this myth that you "don't get space in behind" the diddy teams. You do, and when it appears they exploit it with pace and power while we're ponderous and take the safe option too often.

Think we can mate and we need to

Hamilton are woeful but 4th goal there Celtic had 5 players within about 12 yards of the goal when they scored

We need to treat teams like this the save war at they do
Celtic only play with one defensive midfielder - Brown. Everyone else is bombing forward at every attack.

Whereas we show too much respect playing two, sometimes three, defensive minded midfielders. It’s fine in Europe but it doesn’t rack up the goals domestically.

Thought I would have a peak on here seeing the scum are beating kids by a few too see the drama queens every goal they score. Hamilton have shed every big earner for them and are playing kids team average age is 22. The crash barriers look ropey at the back and going forward don't look great either against utter dross whon dont have a team to survive in the division this year.

To be fair Hamilton had a pop but they'll put 11 players against us then theyll run up field shoot from 40 yard and hit camera man bobble over pie woman hit goldson then it will go in

Thought I would have a peak on here seeing the scum are beating kids by a few too see the drama queens every goal they score. Hamilton have shed every big earner for them and are playing kids team average age is 22. The crash barriers look ropey at the back and going forward don't look great either against utter dross whon dont have a team to survive in the division this year.

Hamilton are getting relegated this season, there is no two ways about it.

Their first XI looks like the weakest team to be in the SPL since Gretna.

Reactions: VGM
Irrelevant when we can't break down the dross in the league. They can and almost always do. That's the difference.

Spot on and yesterday was a perfect example.

A dreadful Aberdeen side should have been put to the sword but wasn't and as such the last 30 minutes was spent praying there wasn't a slip up from one of our players that would present the Sheep with an equaliser.

We continually struggle to convincingly finish of sides after opening the scoring and the longer we go without scoring that all important 2nd goal the more nervous the team becomes.

The most important thing about yesterday was getting the 3 points but it doesn't hide the fact that we still have not found an answer on how to open a packed defence. We huffed and puffed, moved the ball this way and that at an ever decreasing pace and created very little threat - where is the playing at pace? where is the incisive pass?

I know it is early days but saw nothing yesterday (and also the 1st 45 last week against Coventry) that convinces me that we will not struggle once again when we encounter the low block.

Their midfield haven't got close to us in most old firms, its their attacking power that puts them ahead as they have goals from everywhere.

From cm back we're more than a match for them. Middle to front it's a different story

Everybody panicking here is thinking too much about this we might have slipped up in a game against them but we put 5 past them at Ibrox and 4 past them in the cup in the same season and this Hamilton team is evidently weaker than the pre coronavirus one

That is the problem though , it is winning games against the so called lesser teams that kills us. Hopefully lessons have been learned last 2 seasons.

And it’s for this reason I hope we can coin in on Morelos quickly so we can buy three of four players and distribute better quality across our team.

We simply cannot continue to rely on one player to pull us through this season.

We need more goals from other areas, they have players like christie, forrest, mcgregor who get double figures or close to that most seasons

Let's do it the Rangers way by doing our talking on the park.
If we are better then let's prove it over the course of the season and leave the noise to the manky mob.

Back