We are better

It's the consistency in other games we need to right. We know we have the beating of them , but they are far more up for lesser games than us

Irrelevant when we can't break down the dross in the league. They can and almost always do. That's the difference.

I didn't think either team were up to much that day to be honest, thought it was just a pretty shite game decided by a clusterfuck from Goldson.

Head to head I'd back us to beat them, but that alone doesn't win the league sadly.
We picked the wrong formation and team, but apart from that....

Tomorrow is going to tell us a lot. Yes, it’s the 1st game, only 3pts etc. but it’s one of our toughest fixtures of the season. They generally kick us off the park, we can’t expect any protection from the ref so let’s see if this team is up for the fight. Rolling our sleeves up and winning the battle first, then playing football will see us in good stead.

Unfortunately the difference is down to mentality ... when they need to get a winner in the last 10 minutes they do .... it’s really that simple

we need winners in our team and so far we’ve not signed any

therefore we can expect much the same as the last couple of seasons I’m afraid

Our first 11 is , our squad after that lacks quality in depth and it shows when we pick up injuries and suspensions. And they are relentless against the rest of the league. Still feel We need to add more quality to win the title.

Not sure why people want to make such perilous statements that can only come back to bite us in the arse.

If we‘re better, we’ll hold our Tongues and show it on the pitch.

There is literally no upside I can see to coming and claiming we are better than a team which has 10 trophies on the bounce.

Genuinely believe we have a better team, as in starting 11, but they have more strength in depth, which happens when you have almost double the wage bill.

They also have the refs terrified, and going by Clancys recent comments that is only going to get worse.

And they don't fear us. That says a hell of alot.

Id say the diddy clubs fans care more about results against us due to drinking the Tim Kool-Aid and believing we cheated them for years. They dont care if the filth horse them 3\4 times a season. We are still the team everyone wants to beat but for a different reason now.

You had Hearts fans cheering Hibs in the 2016 Cup Final. Not to mention the shenanigans of the last few months.

The last time we won the title we only beat them once in the league. Beating them is important but we can still win the title with a sub-standard head-to-head record in the OF games.

Winning consistently against the other top division teams is what separates us and them at the moment. We have to learn how to blow away teams who sit with 10 men behind the ball.

We’ve proven repeatedly we can be better than them for 90 mins.
We’ve yet to prove we can do that over 38 games.

See if that St Johnstone game wasn't postponed and we had won it, we would have went into the the winter break at the half way point top of the league.
The mentally challengeds were handed the league before the three quarter stage.
That means they are crowned champions for winning a quarter of the league. Think on that.

As of the start today we are not better. What happens in the days ahead in transfers will decide if we really can challenge. We start with similar to last year. That failed , it will again .

Watching the Dec game, we played them off their midden. We as a team are far better, they have not improved. We won’t drop points against them so let’s win against the rest

Five subs rule is what will %^*& us.

11 v 11 we’d beat them every time. They’ve got quality in their reserves and we don’t sadly.

They can bring on Upto five game changing quality players.

We can bring on one or two game changers and three sub standard players.

Let's actually play some games before we start saying we are better. Tomorrow if we are struggling for a goal and look to the bench who do we bring on?

Watching the Dec game, we played them off their midden. We as a team are far better, they have not improved. We won’t drop points against them so let’s win against the rest
We literally dropped three points and lost a cup final against them

We’re a better team.

We’re starting to prove it against them and in Europe.

Their only chance of 9.5 in a row is due to the fact they’ve got the league and the refs in their pockets.

Five subs rule is what will %^*& us.

11 v 11 we’d beat them every time. They’ve got quality in their reserves and we don’t sadly.

They can bring on Upto five game changing quality players.

We can bring on one or two game changers and three sub standard players.

Who are these game changing quality players?

In the 7 games we've played against them since Gerrard became manager, you could argue we have dominated 5. They were clearly the better team in the first match, and the match at Ibrox which we lost was pretty even despite our poor team selection and tactics.

However, they have so many more goalscorers that can dispatch of the poorer teams in our league even when they aren't playing well. It's the biggest difference - the likes of Edouard, Christie, Forrest and to a lesser extent McGregor, Rogic, Griffiths can always pop up with a goal when it's most needed. For us, we only really have Morelos and Defoe right now, and they can't play together. If Morelos does go, I really hope we get a few players who can chip in with goals from different areas of the pitch.

The Coventry match brought back all the bad memories of our inability to break through the low block.
If we can't come up with something different than the side to side passing and playing in front of the opposition then it's going to be a long season

In the 7 games we've played against them since Gerrard became manager, you could argue we have dominated 5. They were clearly the better team in the first match, and the match at Ibrox which we lost was pretty even despite our poor team selection and tactics.
Does it matter when they have won 4 of those 7 games?

I'd take being outplayed and scraping an offside winner or penalty everytime. (not that we would ever get those decisions)

Does it matter when they have won 4 of those 7 games?

I'd take being outplayed and scraping an offside winner or penalty everytime. (not that we would ever get those decisions)

One of those wins was against 10 men, two were legitimate and one was completely against the run of play and a match they'd have lost 99 times out of 100.

All conjecture of course but I don't really have any concerns head-to-head against them. I'm far more concerned with breaking down teams that put 10 men behind the ball.

Back