We are getting to them and they are panicking!

The mentally challengeds are not as good as the media or even they think they are.

They’re still ahead of us but we have a few new players to settle and see what their impact is.

Think we’ll beat them this season but ultimately finish second.

If the new signings assist in sorting out the home form the rest of the season will take care of itself as long as the away form holds up. Can’t see us catching them but we’ll run them close and the sheep will be a distant third if the above happens but it’s a big if.

I like the optimism of the OP.
However, how many false dawns have there been? beating them on pens at hampden had some on here declaring we would win the league at the first attempt.
Fancy foreign named signings by pedro led to another wave of euphoria.
We finally put in a decent shift against them, then sign a few players and suddenly timmy is panicking?
I wish it were so. lets just sort ourselves out over the remainder of this season, see where we are and go from there. The constant euphoria to despair is very tiresome.

I like the optimism of the OP.
However, how many false dawns have there been? beating them on pens at hampden had some on here declaring we would win the league at the first attempt.
Fancy foreign named signings by pedro led to another wave of euphoria.
We finally put in a decent shift against them, then sign a few players and suddenly timmy is panicking?
I wish it were so. lets just sort ourselves out over the remainder of this season, see where we are and go from there. The constant euphoria to despair is very tiresome.

I like optimism too.

And give me a cup of euphoria any day. Onwards and upwards.

Can I just make sure I've got this right or have I missed something?

We've brought in 3 players in Murphy, Martin and Goss who have barely laced their boots this season and Cummings who it appears isn't fancied by the new Forest boss and the OP believes they are shitting themselves?

It's early but I'll have a pint of what the OP on.

Sorry but that is disrespectful to the current manager of our club

Its really not.

Murty was in the right place at the right time, he's done nothing in the past to merit being manger of Rangers.

He's a likeable guy & I appreciate the effort he's putting in but I want a proper manager next season.

It’s truly is in our hands now. Celtc can’t keep up the form of last season forever. Brenda has been running them into the ground and it’s taking its toll.

They ARE beatable, and although they will still win the league, this season could still end on a high note if we steamroll Aberdeen and give the tims a good game if not get a result or 2.

We have no choice but to see if Murty is capable. He needs to sort out our awful home form.

I'm not so sure about that.

I think we can win this.

If anything was proved in America it is that we look a really decent team against teams that come out and play. Our problem is and always has been breaking teams down at Ibrox when they sit in and break.

Until we can come up with a way to sort this out we will not win the league. Lets just see how the new signings help us in that regard before getting carried away

It is now evident (to me at least) that we are clearly getting to them. With our newly enhanced squad and a very productive time in Florida against some quality players, the good ship Rangers is clearly right back on course.
If you want a metaphor for how much the balance has swung, think back to the second half at Parkhead.
All the 'experts' said that Rangers would be on their feet after their 'gutsy' first half performance. Lo and behold and not for the first time, the so-called experts got it spectacularly wrong.
It was Celtic who were on the ropes begging for the bell to sound and stop their pummeling. A few good saves and two incredible misses, prevented us from defeating them in their backyard.
The Murty Mantra is working well and for whatever reason it is, he seems to have a stranglehold over them.
They have bought nobody of substance and if anything seem to be downsizing rather than adding to their already depleted squad. The tims are well aware of what is happening and if we can maintain a steady start to the second half of the fixture list, they will continue to collapse as they did at Parkhead.

Hearts pummelled them 4-0. We didn't pummel anyone. We did play exceptionally well in the second half especially considering we only had 10 men contributing. They are not invincible, not by a long chalk. However we have been atrocious. All it takes is one bad result and we are back to square 1. I don't believe for a second they are panicking. Yes we have recruited well but I still think we will lose Windass or Tav, which will be a huge blow. I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the future. If we don't finish 2nd with the squad we have now then Murty should be chased out the door

Their performances over the last two seasons in Europe shows a few things
1) not great 2) poor
The utopia was to beat fikin Anderlecht,wow fikin we.
The 40 dollar man and his ex villa sidekick let them kick on,as better than anything else up here
We just might be getting closer than some think.If we had signed two starters instead of the dross that came from Meheco✍️
Maybe we would be somewhere nearer.It might take a month ,but I see us flying by eos.

There have been a few false dawns this season.

What that has taught me is to never get my hopes up.

I'll reserve judgment until we go on some sort of run but as is always the case on here we are one bad result away from a catastrophe.

It’s truly is in our hands now. Celtc can’t keep up the form of last season forever. Brenda has been running them into the ground and it’s taking its toll.

They ARE beatable, and although they will still win the league, this season could still end on a high note if we steamroll Aberdeen and give the tims a good game if not get a result or 2.

We have no choice but to see if Murty is capable. He needs to sort out our awful home form.

I'm not so sure about that.

I think we can win this.

I have seen a few posts on facebook highlighting that some of them have twigged what has been said on here quite often; We simply do not need to put a better or more expensive side than them on the park, we only need to put a better side than the rest of the league. When we start beating the rest week in and week out, and I think we might start to see that in the second half of the season, it comes down to 4 games, 2 at Ibrox and as we all know, that situation can lead anywhere. This season has gone in terms of a title challenge but if we match or better their points over the remaining fixtures it gives us something real to build on going into next August.

I tend to think of myself as realistic to the point of pessimism. The new signings should see us able to beat the rest of the league and I am starting to feel a little optimism creep in. The board, for this window, deserve a big dose of 'Thanks'. Even if some of the new and rumoured players do not materialise, or even do not work out, they have once again found a way to back a manager and it is very good work in difficult circumstances.

Back