We are getting to them and they are panicking!

Without sounding mr doom and gloom, you wouldn't have written this when we were 2-0 down to Corinthians.

We need to keep our powder dry for next 6/7 games. If we win the lot then they'll start panicking, we've had an awful lot of false dawns recently.

We are moving in the right direction, that's for sure. But until we get some real consistency, particularly at Ibrox, I refuse to get carried away.
It's great to have some positivity around the cub for a change. I hope we can convert that into results and hopefully bring the Scottish Cup back to G51.

Folk are getting massively carried away here. The fact is our manager is an under 20's coach. The chances his tenure ends well are slim. Yes, I believe we've made some good signings, but not one of them would be in the vermins starting line-up.

On paper we're making progress but ultimately consistent results will be the proof of the pudding.

I'm still not convinced. As much as I would love to think this is the case we were still too inconsistent. Lets hope the new players fix that!
Far too inconsistent. Looking for us to show some form of consistency in the second half of the season. Our record against teams in the bottom six is embarrassing.

I'll wait to see how we do back here after the winter break before getting too carried away with ourselves. There have been too many false dawns.

Aye but remember the tims were tired and needed a wee rest in that game, apparently getting pumped in the champions league and hardly touching the ball and chasing shadows takes it all out you:rolleyes:

We need to start beating the so called smaller teams and start winning at home!

See how our new signings knit together and hopefully hit the ground running!

added a wee bit to that ;) :)

There’s nothing quite like getting ahead of yourself.
Talk is cheap and the only thing that matters is what you do on the park.

if we go on a run then they will panic
I always have been of the opinion that we have never been as far away as people would believe,and,with a much stronger squad am even more confident they're there for the taking,although,apart from ourselves,you struggle to think where they'll drop points. I think Murty deserves a lot of credit and bringing Jimmy Nicol on board,I think will prove to be a masterstroke.

It is now evident (to me at least) that we are clearly getting to them. With our newly enhanced squad and a very productive time in Florida against some quality players, the good ship Rangers is clearly right back on course.
If you want a metaphor for how much the balance has swung, think back to the second half at Parkhead.
All the 'experts' said that Rangers would be on their feet after their 'gutsy' first half performance. Lo and behold and not for the first time, the so-called experts got it spectacularly wrong.
It was Celtic who were on the ropes begging for the bell to sound and stop their pummeling. A few good saves and two incredible misses, prevented us from defeating them in their backyard.
The Murty Mantra is working well and for whatever reason it is, he seems to have a stranglehold over them.
They have bought nobody of substance and if anything seem to be downsizing rather than adding to their already depleted squad. The tims are well aware of what is happening and if we can maintain a steady start to the second half of the fixture list, they will continue to collapse as they did at Parkhead.
I’d dearly love to agree with you however your post is based on hyperbole and wishful thinking.
Thus far, we’ve done nothing.

The time between now and the end of the season may prove me wrong.

Let's wait and see after our next 3 games all of them crucial..
This 100% let’s not get carried away and wait and see, it is however funny as feck the Celtic fans I know coming out with conspiracy theories, I had a zoomer telling me that Demond is helping finance us they know they don’t have a challenge and it’s causing them problems in Europe, he said with us a stronger team it will motivate his team to the next level and that’s why Brendan hasn’t bought or been allowed to buy .
I asked him if I could tape him telling me all this and more but me getting excited and high fiveing the guys listening in (Hubs and HEarts fans) he walked away saying wait and see. The poor Kant has Rangerietis very bad. The guy is a qualified Spark who may have had too many electric shocks .

Their arrogance knows no bounds so I don't believe their in any kind of panic yet. We have to go on a decent and consistent run of games before there will be any kind of timplosion. I'm quietly optimistic after our transfer activity of a decent second half of the season and if that does happen then I'm sure the mutants will start to get a bit restless.

Folk are getting massively carried away here. The fact is our manager is an under 20's coach. The chances his tenure ends well are slim. Yes, I believe we've made some good signings, but not one of them would be in the vermins starting line-up.

On paper we're making progress but ultimately consistent results will be the proof of the pudding.

Spot on.

It was exactly the same in the summer: bringing in names right, left and centre, couple of bright showings in friendlies and all the talk was of taking the Yahoos down to the wire and 55 here we come.

Then the real action started and it fell apart quicker than a Lego tractor on a stoney bridge.

We are still in a transition. I like the optimism from the OP but we will have a few setbacks yet this season. Murty has been ok, but only OK. had we not lost to Hamilton, Dundee and StJ we would have been right up there. We have work to do and a lot of it to be consistent enough to compete.

This window has given us a chance to do that, we have a better squad going out of the window than we had going in, hopefully some of our injuries clear up and we kick on.

We need to be realistic though, long way to go. Happy though the way we have done our business and the way we are not bounced into things anymore, we seem to know what we want and how much we will pay and stick to it.

Do feel more optimistic though. Cannae wait to get back into action, that Corinthians game shows d fair degree of guts and determination, something that has been missing.

Wow slow down there some of you's. I am happy with the way we are gòing and the signings, however none of them have actually done to much over the last 6- 12 months, and none of them would get a game with them. It's one step at a time for me and securing 2nd place is progress. Then we look at where we are at end of season get rid off some more who are not doing it replace again with hopefully more improvements and take it from there. No way is this going to be a quick fix.

No time to get too ahead of ourselves yet, back to the start of December just after the two wins against Aberdeen and the win against hibs away we all felt a change and look what happened the following weeks.

Let’s hope we get a strong start when the winter break ends.

Murty has done nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest he will be a successful Rangers manager. His record so far is similar to Pedro and warbutton .

We hope he will be , but let's not get ahead of ourselves .

The big positive is the way in which Murty and Allen seem to be working well together. I am quietly optimistic if not confident- yet!

It is now evident (to me at least) that we are clearly getting to them. With our newly enhanced squad and a very productive time in Florida against some quality players, the good ship Rangers is clearly right back on course.
If you want a metaphor for how much the balance has swung, think back to the second half at Parkhead.
All the 'experts' said that Rangers would be on their feet after their 'gutsy' first half performance. Lo and behold and not for the first time, the so-called experts got it spectacularly wrong.
It was Celtic who were on the ropes begging for the bell to sound and stop their pummeling. A few good saves and two incredible misses, prevented us from defeating them in their backyard.
The Murty Mantra is working well and for whatever reason it is, he seems to have a stranglehold over them.
They have bought nobody of substance and if anything seem to be downsizing rather than adding to their already depleted squad. The tims are well aware of what is happening and if we can maintain a steady start to the second half of the fixture list, they will continue to collapse as they did at Parkhead.
Reads really good mate, and I share your optimism.
It’s actually difficult to find a negative at our club this window.
However I’d rather reserve judgement for a while yet.

Even if we beat them in the two remaining games, six points is a lot to expect them to drop to other Scottish teams. We’d need to go perfect in the second half of the season to stand a chance imho

This place, man. :D

1 win in the last 4 in the league - but a couple of loans from the bottom end of the Championship and a 45 minute performance in a friendly and we’re back to the heights of the Summer where some of the same bi-polar fans were hailing Carlos Pena as the best player in the country.

When will we learn? :D

Quite. Lets see how we go in the next few games. A number of poster in the starting line up thread have only one or two of the new signings even getting a game!

Don't think so. Well be better but we thought that in August as well. Having a British backbone will make a difference, but they are still better than us.

Get our other targets this month and I’d go as far as saying we’re as good if not better than them in virtually every position

The way they have been playing recently they could probably do with a couple of our guys.

To be honest I would actually see that as something to build on for next season

Hypotheticaly the squad we have now assembled should be good enough to beat everyone in the league, them included based on the last Old Firm (on our day). We need to try and create consitency, momentum and instill belief. I expect nothing from this season but would be disspaointed if we never came second, anything more than that is a dream at this point.

If they are panicking they are even bigger wankers than we thought they were.

11 points in front, I wouldn’t be panicking.

Bullshit you actually think jamie murphy wouldn't get in the filths team. We have bought well but truth be told if we had got messi people would still be complaining.

Bullshit you actually think jamie murphy wouldn't get in the filths team. We have bought well but truth be told if we had got messi people would still be complaining.

I'm not complaining at all. On paper these players are an improvement but until they do the business on the pitch and start grinding out results on a consistent basis I will remain level-headed.

I don't think Murphy would start for them ahead of Sinclair. I think Sinclair on form is their best player tbh.

We've dropped 14 points in 12 matches since Murty came in. I think we've got a long way to go.

if anything I would say Murty has done well with the very poor/depleted squad at his disposal , 2 wins v aberdeen a win v hivs away with two teenagers in midfield , A good performance against the tims when everyone had us down to get battered , couldve came away with the 3 points on another day .... agreed he needs to sort our home form especially against teams lower down the division who come and sit in , but with murphy cummings and goss hopefully we will be better equipped to unlock tight defences WATP

We’re still a long way behind 11 points behind at the turn of the year tells its own story.

People have short memories on here, yes Florida has been good and some decent additions added so far but let’s not get carried away, there is still plenty of improvement needed before those bastards need to start worrying sadly.

Murty has done nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest he will be a successful Rangers manager. His record so far is similar to Pedro and warbutton .

We hope he will be , but let's not get ahead of ourselves .

Yeah I'm not confident of puting a run together under Murty.

If we do then great but next season I want a proper manager regardless.

If you think they are panicking, then best prepare to be disappointed.

We have still some way to go before we can honestly say we are competing with them.
Maybe ,l
If you think they are panicking, then best prepare to be disappointed.

We have still some way to go before we can honestly say we are competing with them.
Maybe, as you say, 'they' are not panicking, but their lunatic support seem to be doing just that, possibly, like us, they feel the tide is turning in our favour, as someone said, we are not fighting for second, we are fighting for 55, WATP

I will start to see how the team performs first before I start to get ahead of myself. Far too many false dawns recently

All this optimism from a 0-0 draw & admittedly what on paper appear to be great results in a friendly cup?

I’ll refrain from getting excited just yet.

We showed in the 0-0 we can deal with them defensively if we concentrate and do the simple things, what they are now noticing is we have signed at least 2 players in Murphy and Cummings that can genuinely hurt them. No more scraping around for a team, no more turmoil in the management stakes, no more bullshit about off the field issues. We do have a squad to pick from that CAN beat them. We need the consistency against the rest now though.

We need to put wins in the board convincing wins over Aberdeen and hubs will set a marker down

Going into February. If we can win all the games up to the old firm game and hopefully they drop points elsewhere we could be 5 points behind going into the split

They would absolutely crumble in this scenario imo

Their fans would implode the negative energy would affect them

Hopefully this is how it will unfold
Here's hoping that the new signings bed in quickly and hopefully we can fulfil the above.

Bringing in the players we have has been great business although a few need moved on too. Bear in mind will take time to bed down new players though Martin has played with Dorrans at Norwich so they have a connection. We have cover for every position now and not so vulnerable to injuries and suspensions. I dont see Wallace coming back soon and sad to say I dont feel he has been missed. We need review the captaincy I dont think he offers enough on pitch though seems he is excellant around the club off the park. Hope all loan players get signed up in the Summer and we move Dodoo Forrester etc off the books.

Too many boys on here get too excited if we win a game or two! Let’s have this conversation after the run of fixtures in Jan and Feb, which to be honest we should be winning everyone before the next Old Firm.

I’m really happy about all our new signings but it’s going to take time to knit together. I still think Ce*tic will win the league by 10-15 points, but that’s a huge improvement on 39 behind them last season!

All in all we will finish a comfortable second ahead of the sheep and hopefully win the Scottish cup!

Loving all the positivity but agree with those urging caution and patience. This place will be in meltdown if we go and lose to dolly at Ibrox on Wednesday. Level heads for the next month while the squad works things out, please.

If we can get guys like Alves Dorrans and Wallace back into the side and playing at the level they have in the past plus if the new players hit the ground running I think we've got an outside chance of turning things around.

34 year old Kris Boyd has scored more league goals than any player that other mob have at the minute and I suspect they will punt Dembele at 6pm on the last day of the window meaning they will come out of the window weaker than they went into it.

That mob have really had no challenge in the league for 6 years now if we can cut the gap to around six points or so going into the last 10 games all the pressure will be on them.

For us in the next few games it's about putting Aberdeen to the sword and consolidation of 2nd place and taking things from that point on.

We'll always get to them. They have won the last 6 titles and as things are, on course to make it 7. They are just off a treble winning season. Got a big payday in the CL even though they got ragdolled. Another big tie coming up in the EL.

Yet, our existence still eats away at them. They'll tell us our accounts are fucked. They'll revel that there is supposed to be a fictional second administration around the corner.
They'll always have something to say about us despite all that's going for their own team. Not bad considering we are supposedly only 6 years old in their fragile, warped little minds.

In spite of the above, I think the term panicking is a bit far-fetched but dropping points in some of the bigger games shows a vulnerability that's always been there.

If we can put a run together and eat into the gap then they might get a bit twitchy but they won't be panicking as things are.

Back