We Are Going To Give Somebody a Serious 6 or 7-0 doing soon.

First half today and on Sunday for that matter we could have been 3 or 4 up at HT. As per post title, we are due to absolutely hammer somebody. Maybe I’m a half glass full guy but I just feel it’s in the pipeline.

What's in the pipeline? Your half a glass?

If you asked anyone who they would rather play against us or the pigs you know they will fancy taking points off them than us.

We're starting to look like a team again. We have stuttered and spluttered our way to here but we will hit form.

Denote 2nd half on Sunday and 1st half tonight we are a different team.

Different from what? Same old in the first half, we really need to play like we did last SEASON and there is no excuse why we don't.

I agree with you on bit on first half Sunday, but not tonight. I thought we were horrific in first half tonight in every respect though. So far off it and hard to watch.

Luckily, the second half was better.

I honestly thought we were just a touch unlucky on certain occasions. Don’t get me wrong, we we’re miles better in the second
half.

Last edited:
That's exactly what a Celtic fan said on the radio around this time last year when things looked a bit sketchy for them in terms of their performances. I'd far rather we put a run together of five 1 or 2 nil wins first.

That's exactly what a Celtic fan said on the radio around this time last year when things looked a bit sketchy for them in terms of their performances. I'd far rather we put a run together of five 1 or 2 nil wins first.
I‘m not giving people the option to choose between a team getting a doing or us putting in a good run of victories though. It’s just a throwaway comment.

We can’t keep missing as many chances as we have been doing, but if we keep creating them, hopefully it will happen.

I don’t really see that to be honest.

we aren’t carving out that many clear cut chances and keepers aren’t having man off the match performances against us.

We were very poor first half tonight.
A bit more energy and effort paid dividends early second half.
Our first half showing was predictable pish devoid of invention.
We hustled Livi into mistakes second half.
We're still miles off the pace.

We were very poor first half tonight.
A bit more energy and effort paid dividends early second half.
Our first half showing was predictable pish devoid of invention.
We hustled Livi into mistakes second half.
We're still miles off the pace.

Agreed but even at that, we should've scored a couple.

Hoping it all clicks soon.

First half today and on Sunday for that matter we could have been 3 or 4 up at HT. As per post title, we are due to absolutely hammer somebody. Maybe I’m a half glass full guy but I just feel it’s in the pipeline.
All well and good looking forward to it, Celtic will do it tomorrow and then lose by a goal next game potentially.
They've won their 3 home games 15 - 0.

Quoting Craigan, I'd rather Gerrard was "disappointed" with 2-0 win's from now until the end of the season.

If you asked anyone who they would rather play against us or the pigs you know they will fancy taking points off them than us.

We're starting to look like a team again. We have stuttered and spluttered our way to here but we will hit form.

Denote 2nd half on Sunday and 1st half tonight we are a different team.

I thought we were dreadful tonight, a shocking 1st half followed by a slightly less shocking 2nd half. Perhaps I'm alone but really concerned that we are still nowhere near being half decent after 13 competitive games, there is not one player performing anywhere near his best.

Agree!! We haven't been anywhere near our best and I believe that is all down to disrupted preseason, covid, injuries, suspensions and with the summer tournaments dictating when those involved reported back and their preseason training/conditioning being behind the rest of the squad. We have looked disjointed, lacking fluidity and cohesion and sharpness!! But you can see its coming, some of our play in spells is fantastic, sharp and with purpose and threat and we create tons of chances, just haven't been taking them but that will change, we know Alfie and Roofe are goalscorers and once we do click and get our swagger back and on our game, we will hammer a few teams and take 6+ goals off whoever happens to be on the park with us at the time!!

Last thing I have been thinking recently is that we are due to give somebody a serious gubbing - I don't see how anybody could be thinking that based on our flat performances?

That level we reached in the 2nd half is what we need to be seeing a hell of a lot more and if we can actually play at that level for a full game then we will give somebody a doing.

Let's meet in the middle and agree a run of give 6 or 7 nil wins would be the best outcome.

A lot of fans after the Lyon game were saying how poor we were and what a great team they were.
Last night was very much like a roles reversal of that, once we got the goals we were never out of second gear as Lyon seemed to be against us.
I don’t think we were great at all but the fact our goalkeeper never had a save to make shows how much we dominated the game.
There were plenty of performances like that last season too.

To the OP
We will, if we can hit the ball under the bar and between the posts.
Finishing is amateur at times imo.

I fully expect said mauling to be a turning point in our season;

- confidence brimming from the players
- chances being taken
- crowd buzzing & roaring us on

I don’t think it’s far away either, but we need to seriously drop/hook those that underperform. No favourites any more.

I would agree. At times we just haven't been clinical, some decision making hasn't been good, despite that domestically I never feel we are going to lose a game, more when is the goal coming.

Agree

we are not even at our best but top of the league by 4

in the semis

once it clicks again come on
Top of the league by 1 point.

I'm normally one on here appealing for calm but I fail to find any in that performance last night. It took a rocket up their arses and Hagi's passion for the game to stir them in a quarter final of a cup none of them have ever won. That's not acceptable and I just don't think we have enough players in there who care.

Our forward thinking players seem to try to outdo one and other to show off their cleverest touches. I'd rather they tried to be as direct as possible and blow teams away like every great Rangers team. Aribo is basically a one man turn over of possession in nearly every game we play.

Back