We are moving in the right direction...but

Winner

I still believe that we are moving in the right direction. In terms of out and out ability in the side, we've come a long way. We need to keep progressing at the rate we have done in the past 6 months or so. We have a young side though still with a lot to learn.

My biggest concern though is that the scum's greater resources shine through when you look at what they have through their squad. I feel that the danger is they keep progressing as well - to close the gap, I feel we need to close the financial gap so far as possible.

For me, bringing in younger promising players is great but I reckon we still need 2 or 3 players of a high quality, at their peak and those cost money.

Is the financial gap just another excuse or do we need to close that if we've any chance of overtaking the scum?

If and it's a big if we moved Morelos on for a reasonably good fee and brought in 3 good quality players, I don't think we are miles off.

I do feel though we might need a really good and experienced manager to go with that to take us to the next level.

No disrespect to Murty but I just feel a losing mentality has set in against them over the last couple of seasons and I feel it would take a big personality to come in to shake that. The way we played when they went down to ten men and the reaction after they went 3-2 up says to me we are mentally weak as well as a few quality players short.

The mutants have resources.
Lots.
That’s fine. But they will never get better than this.

This is their peak-we might be still IN it and it might last a fair unpalatable while, but it’s their peak. Unbeaten season, potential double trebles, beating us repeatedly.

It does not get better than this in Scotland for them. It can’t.

And by the looks of things they ain’t going to do anything on a European level. So that’s it. I hope it doesn’t last much longer but it might.

But the reaction to ONE defeat at Hearts by their fans—at work, on phoneins, online. Tells you that WHEN the wheels fall off it’s going to be spectacular.

And what can we do but wait? Time is all we have. That patience will be rewarded handsomely.

There was a thread midweek with a rumour we were trying to sign James MacArthur. Plenty folk saying we don't need another midfielder. But he is an EPL class midfielder and exactly the level of player we need to have in our team if we want to topple the vermin.

There was a thread midweek with a rumour we were trying to sign James MacArthur. Plenty folk saying we don't need another midfielder. But he is an EPL class midfielder and exactly the level of player we need to have in our team if we want to topple the vermin.
Exactly. The whole team is a work in progress. If we have the opportunity to improve on any position then we should.

I still believe that we are moving in the right direction. In terms of out and out ability in the side, we've come a long way. We need to keep progressing at the rate we have done in the past 6 months or so. We have a young side though still with a lot to learn.

My biggest concern though is that the scum's greater resources shine through when you look at what they have through their squad. I feel that the danger is they keep progressing as well - to close the gap, I feel we need to close the financial gap so far as possible.

For me, bringing in younger promising players is great but I reckon we still need 2 or 3 players of a high quality, at their peak and those cost money.

Is the financial gap just another excuse or do we need to close that if we've any chance of overtaking the scum?

This is defo the case imo. The panty wetting from todays result is ott and we should remember where we've come from.

If we can clear out all the non producers i.e O'halloran, forrester, herrera, dalcio etc etc and replace them with as you said quality players then yes i belive we would be in a much stronger position.

Back