We are still in Europe and Ajax and Arsenal are out

Another indicator to show Gerrard has us on the right track. Domestic we have hit a sticky patch and the last two months on that front haven't been good enough but I've no doubt he'll take us where we need to be. It's almost similar to klopps second season at liverpool. A massive improvement from last season but not quite there yet. If we sell morelos and maybe Kamara in the summer bring in hagi two strikers one of good quality one a good option of the bench two quality midfielders and a quality centre back then we'll be there.

Last edited:
There were people rabbiting yesterday about how Arsenal would destroy us and we cannot compete with them because of finance. We can take anyone in this cup, we're fearless at home and play a great style against better fairing technical sides. I hope we get a big tie and would have loved Arsenal as our mentality ramps up and they find it harder as the favourites while sides like Wolves and Getafe don't have the wow factor so will be hungry for it.

Think I'm correct in saying we are the only British team that won both legs in the last 32!

Would like to avoid the Spanish/German clubs if possible. Do that and we either got a glamour tie (English or Italian two) or an even better chance against the Greeks, Swiss or Austrians.
Just my thoughts at the moment.

Back