We can do this through hard work...

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
....and we will need to. The training ground is where we will win or not win 55. We cannot yet guarantee success through sigings. I read this superb quote about Ronaldo's performance against Napoli:

“You cannot escape it,” wrote Luigi Garlando in La Gazzetta Sportiva. “Talent is a rich club’s caviar, tactics are the bread of the poor.”

We don't have the talent to rotate a lot, rest players, play at half pace or 'see what unfolds'...we need drilled, lined up in correct shape, to be super fit and be 'aye ready' as the old saying goes.

It is so far from over...yesterday was appalling but Edinburgh clowns will be dispatched on Sunday IF we go back to basics, forget the adulation, and use every training session to get better.

In total agreement with this post, hard work and more hard work is the only answer for what happened on Sunday, we need to improve and then some.

I actually think we will beat Hearts. The problem is we are just as likely to follow it up with a draw or something at Hamilton. We desperately need that consistency of getting results.

I hope yesterday is a wake up call to some of those players that they need to put in the same effort and commitment against the likes of Livingston as they did against Villareal. We cannot afford any more performances like yesterday. That was the worst I have seen under Gerrard but I'm still 100 percent confident in what he is trying to do at our club and I'm confident he will succeed.

Let's go out and blow Hearts off the pitch at the weekend and put all the negative Jack in the boxes back in their, boxes.

We're simply NOT yet 'top dogs' and cannot do what we did in NIAR - buy new players, fart around and lose games, etc. We're now a club reliant on the training ground...

There is too much rotation going on.

I just don’t get why a team would change up CB’s and if they were going to do it just strikes me you would play your two as often as you could in the league an drop your other into the side in Europe and League Cup games.

There is a lot of chat about the idea a side is built from a solid base etc and a consistent back 4, we don’t really have that.

I get the impression that some of the players have let the praise given out, especially by the manager, go to their heads a little and they acted like they just needed to turn up yesterday.

I understand why he's praised them so much cause they've done exceptionally well to get where we are in Europe and it's above anyone's expectations but now it's time for them to realise that they need to give everything in every game to guarantee 3 points.

I also think - whisper it - there is a bit too much "Right, see what happens...pass it about for a while, see the lay of the land". That won't do here: everyone hates us, has everyone behind the ball, and plays at a tempo that would scare Roadrunner. We need IDEAS about how to break that down, how to turn possession into chances etc.

I hope yesterday is a wake up call to some of those players that they need to put in the same effort and commitment against the likes of Livingston as they did against Villareal. We cannot afford any more performances like yesterday. That was the worst I have seen under Gerrard but I'm still 100 percent confident in what he is trying to do at our club and I'm confident he will succeed.

Let's go out and blow Hearts off the pitch at the weekend and put all the negative Jack in the boxes back in their, boxes.
Probably the jolt the team needed and I'd rather it was now than further into the season. Despite losing we're still 2 off Celtic who are still the target,despite Hearts lead. Every team will have slips like ours,teams aren't going to roll over when the old firm come to town. We just have to roll the sleeves up and get tore in with the same commitment as Villarreal. I still to think the team is in a good place and we are progressing. No need for panic now,rally round and support the team,I'm gutted myself,but we'll kick on.

Back