We cannot sell Morelos if we want to win the title.

I just want to win games and trophies and that is more likely with a fit again Aribo, a fully fit Roofe and Alfie staying. That;s it for me as a fan....the politics is not in it for me.

You’re jumping the gun and being completely unreasonable, let’s be honest.
Exactly, the guy has played about 2 games worth of minutes. If he’s still drawing a blank after 12 games then maybe it’s a Cascarino type signing. Some just don’t work. Far too early to judge.

I think he's a 'target man' and that's not how we play. If it was, I don't think he looks strong enough to play that role in the SPL.

I don't see that 'cutting edge', being in the right place, the nice touches or instinctively taking a shot.
Sure it's early doors but so far there's not been a glimmer of that.
His career is not a career that has shown growth, is actually gone in reverse before us. He went from Basel to St Gallen, that's like going from us to Alloa.
The Swiss league is believe it or not is a worse league than the SPL.

He's had 2 caps and scored, against Georgia and Gibraltar.

I find it a bizarre signing considering we were potentially looking for a Morelos replacement.

As I said I don't think he's a bad player, I just don't think he's at our level.

Maybe I'm wrong.
What did you think about Morelos when he was seen as many, including our Manager as a backup to Eduardo Hererra?

Gala not what they once were. I'm confident if we can get past the Dutch we can beat them at Ibrox.

Edit... Wrong thread! :D

People forget that Itten has done it in a much harder league than Scotland and also for a much better international team in Switzerland.

We just need to play to his strengths. He won't make the runs Alfie does, nor chase loose balls down the channels. But what he will do is make his presence known in the box. We need Kent, Tav and Barisic to have more confidence in him to launch the ball towards him, and he will score plenty. I reckon he'll be top scorer in the league by May.

People really dont need to do anything, Itten has a great goal scoring record in a league thats comparable in quality to the SPL, yet the armchair experts in this place have him written off after under 2 hours of football. The comparison is legitimate regardless of pedigree.

I wasn't actually talking about Itten. It comes up with every player.

Itten had a very good goal scoring record playing for a team a fraction of the size of Rangers. Playing for us is one of the toughest challenges in football compounded by the style of football here. He absolutely deserves and will get time to adapt.

However I am not sure what the attributes are that he has that gives us something different from what we had.

I absolutely get the potential of an emerging international player at a good age and the potential but when you look at the season highlights etc from last year he simply doesn't look like a player who will fit how we play.

The truth is for every goal Morelos scores a further 2 shots are well wide, 2 well over the bar and 2 shots on target so weak a blind keeper could save them.
Might upset a few people but thats my view on him.

Seeing the smile back on Alfie's face last night makes me think he has come through the tunnel he was in and back to enjoying his game.We need him to stay.

It's a real shame but buff cannot be trusted, every team in this cesspit will target him and bang were down to ten, he has to go in my opinion get the money in while we can and reinvest

Losing him would weaken the squad we have now. Unless we can guarantee we can bring in someone who will be as good as him and fit straight into the team (which we can't) then it's always going to be a huge risk selling him.

I would rather always keep our best players.
As would I, but given his previous behaviour it would be extremely dangerous if we got a sizeable bid from somewhere and we rejected it. The toys could go out the pram again quite easily.
Plus we could use the cash to buy a properly good midfielder, something I doubt we will be able to do without that cash.

However if he stays and can stay fit and motivated then I will hardly be disappointed. An in form Alfie is a brilliant player.

Itten is a flop let’s be honest. Some transfers work some don’t he will be away on loan in January and gone at end of season
[
Where do you even start with this pish ^
this is what is wrong with some of our support, our worst enemy they don’t even want any player too succeed and we could dish out a beating and there would still be complaints, honestly laughable.

number 1 we bought two players to replace him and play a different way more suited to the players we have around him (Hagi, Kent, Borna, Tav)

Number 2, they have hardly kicked a ball yet and Roofe has scored a couple. Deciding about Itten - who has had injury interruptions - now is one of those things a section of our fan base does and personally I choose to call it out....because it’s absolutely appalling behaviour

and number 3: Alfie has been overweight and disinterested from the start of the season. I could understand this thread a bit more if he’d actually done something this calendar year worthy of such childish loyalty. How this gets away with his behaviour is beyond me.

and BTW - because not everything has to be a zero sum matter - that doesn’t mean I don’t think Alfie can and has been a wonderful player for us and asset. If he stays and we can afford to improvethe areas of the team that need it - great. but if we end up with Alfie switching off in January because he didn’t get his move again and we still don’t have a dominant and driving midfielder... I’m bookmarking this thread to come back and have a word with some of you :-/

Itten their words ;)

Still early days. But glad to eat my words hope he builds from this and scores plenty

And to just forget you can't judge a player to save your life? Maybe keep your opinion of players to yourself as you clearly don't have a clue. But you won't and you'll continue to make a fool of yourself.

And to just forget you can't judge a player to save your life? Maybe keep your opinion of players to yourself as you clearly don't have a clue. But you won't and you'll continue to make a fool of yourself.
Come on 2 goals in a game where we are 3 goals up already doesn’t make you a star ! It’s a start though but it’s scoring important goals at important times in big games that will the test now for Itten I sincerely hope he can build on those two goals and goes on to be a top striker for us. But let’s not get carried away just yet it’s the first encouraging steps

Come on 2 goals in a game where we are 3 goals up already doesn’t make you a star ! It’s a start though but it’s scoring important goals at important times in big games that will the test now for Itten I sincerely hope he can build on those two goals and goes on to be a top striker for us. But let’s not get carried away just yet it’s the first encouraging steps
It doesn't make him a star but you don't write a guy off as a flop after 200 minutes of football.

“Let’s not get carried away”, says the guy who wrote him off as an obvious flop after about 150 minutes of football.

Yeah I think you deserve all the mockery you get, even in spite of your feint praise through gritted teeth.

Last edited:

Agree with you there mate.

Back