We cannot sell Morelos if we want to win the title.

Not writing Itten or Roofe off at all,but they won’t win us the league imo that looks obvious to me already.
Does it aye! Based on what? Itten has played just over 2 games Roofe isn't fully fit yet, people like you wanted Barasic punted, Alfie was rotten for his first season. So based on what?
[/QUOTE]
I’m struggling with what you’ve replied to :)) Whoever posted it won’t write them off but they won’t win us the league, that to me is the said poster writing them off haha. Itten has played about 2 hours football and getting slaughtered with the usual lunatics shouting for Dykes

I was resigned to losing him and I think he wanted to go but there seems to be a change in him and I think if we want to win the title we can’t sell him.

Imo Itten and Roofe won’t get enough goals to replace Morelos goals and that’s not me having a go I think Itten might be one who needs a few months maybe even a season to find his feet with us and Roofe does his best work outside the box with tremendous movement and him and Alfie would be sensational.

This nonsense.

Morelos had a good goal last night and one easy one.

The team shape needs to change and that means without him though I’m yet to be convinced by Itten

Strange, strange thread. Essentially people lambasting each other on the stupidest dividing line yet: Alfie scores a couple of goals against part timers when they were blowing out their arses ...and now he can’t be sold and Itten is pish and and and

I’d understand it better if last nights game had been against Celtic...but it won’t be like that because he wants away and we want to sell him - and given his patchy record and attitude since January **why is this even a thing?!**

Last edited:
Alfie will score against them at the sty

Itten is not good enough from what I’ve seen so far

Big dykes should have been signed
You’re a joke, bud.
What if Dykes had been signed and hadn’t settled after three games.
There is no doubt some, maybe you, would’ve been saying Dykes was garbage and that we should’ve signed that other guy we were in for.

and that's relevant to this season how? When the scum are going for 10 in a row we need Morelos banging in the goals.

As long as he stays on the pitch for the full 90+ mins against them. I would love this to be the season where he starts banging in goals against them. He's been really unlucky so far, that has to change at some point.

Of course he is, thus making the narrative that the league is lost if we sell him all the more untenable.

His goals per points ratio is also much poorer than you're giving credit for. Football clubs place a premium on this particular stat, which may be one of the reasons we're still to find a buyer, which, when we're talking about how good he is, becomes a bit of an elephant in the room.

You're talking in riddles - and have conveniently left out the final sentence of my post.

Clubs are interested in Morelos but as yet no-one has matched our valuation.

If Mark Hateley had been with us over the past three seasons (instead of the 90's), there's every chance he too would be without a Title win.

I used to think that but i get the feeling now keeping him will just cause more trouble, when the manager is calling out his attitude it's really not a good thing. Not to mention if he sulks all season his value will nosedive.

The manager calling out his attitude seems to have been the catalyst in his stinking attitude changing!

Alfie is here for 55 unless someone offers us £20 million.

We’ve only just started the season really. How you can tell what any of them are or aren’t already is beyond me, especially when we’re talking about Roofe and Itten who’ve had very limited game time.

A player doesn’t score in his first few appearances so naturally folk draw the lazy conclusion that they’re not very good and said player can’t possibly be a goalscorer.

DZ, you know I respect you so it comes from a good place.

For me this isn't a case of white/black, there are many ways a player can be successful, albeit a little less so for forwards, criteria being goals or assists I guess more so. This isn't a case of Itten being poor, it's a case of stylistically he isn't the player to replace Morelos' 20+ league goals.

Absolutely not saying he is a dud. Absolutely not saying he won't work out.

I'm saying he will not be a 20+ league goal scoring striker and for me we will need that, even if it's alongside Itten. I reckon Roofe has a chance at that, but Itten isn't that type of #9.

I saw it early doors, and i'm still seeing it now.

All the evidence of his style is pointing towards being right.

Totally agree OP
Stay this season Alfie
You could be a hero of epic proportions.

I was resigned to losing him and I think he wanted to go but there seems to be a change in him and I think if we want to win the title we can’t sell him.

Imo Itten and Roofe won’t get enough goals to replace Morelos goals and that’s not me having a go I think Itten might be one who needs a few months maybe even a season to find his feet with us and Roofe does his best work outside the box with tremendous movement and him and Alfie would be sensational.
Agreed, when he is on song the team goes up another level or two, id love him to stay! Please!

didnt play on the right first half against Killie before being into the middle where he looked better. I think you're being incredibly harsh.

Harsh would be seeing he is shite or a dud or not good enough for this level.

Saying he isn't a #9 style is about seeing his performances and looking into his underlying stats and bringing it into context.

That is absolutely not harsh, but an opinion formed over several bits of evidence.

People just see what they want to see or black and white.

You're talking in riddles - and have conveniently left out the final sentence of my post.

Clubs are interested in Morelos but as yet no-one has matched our valuation.

If Mark Hateley had been with us over the past three seasons (instead of the 90's), there's every chance he too would be without a Title win.

It seemed such a banal and obviously true sentiment that it didn't even seem worth acknowledging, to be fair.

My issue is with the posters on here suggesting that Morelos is indispensable in terms of winning the league title, suggesting in the process that in his fourth season with the club he's going to start providing something, or giving us something, that he hadn't managed for three seasons - where, let's remember, we were also told that he was indispensable towards us winning the league. To pin so much hopes on the guy - the thread title literally eliminates the chances of us winning the league if we sell a single player, going against the very point that you've made that it's a team effort, is folly in the first place, and so much more when you consider that he's clearly not shown that he's capable of this at all (in particularly last season).

Lille are, as far as I can see, the only club interested in him just now, and certainly the only club over the past three years with whom we've entered something approaching serious negotiations (which have now obviously stalled, it seems). For a guy whose manager said he wouldn't sell him for 50 million, routinely regarded on here as being indispensable towards winning a title and, at one point last year, the best striker we'd ever had, I think that's really telling.

It seemed such a banal and obviously true sentiment that it didn't even seem worth acknowledging, to be fair.

My issue is with the posters on here suggesting that Morelos is indispensable in terms of winning the league title, suggesting in the process that in his fourth season with the club he's going to start providing something, or giving us something, that he hadn't managed for three seasons - where, let's remember, we were also told that he was indispensable towards us winning the league. To pin so much hopes on the guy - the thread title literally eliminates the chances of us winning the league if we sell a single player, going against the very point that you've made that it's a team effort, is folly in the first place, and so much more when you consider that he's clearly not shown that he's capable of this at all (in particularly last season).

Lille are, as far as I can see, the only club interested in him just now, and certainly the only club over the past three years with whom we've entered something approaching serious negotiations (which have now obviously stalled, it seems). For a guy whose manager said he wouldn't sell him for 50 million, routinely regarded on here as being indispensable towards winning a title and, at one point last year, the best striker we'd ever had, I think that's really telling.

Sure thing chief.

Loved Alfie, we need his goals BUT cant honestly say I’d trust him to stay focused,stay on the park in crucial games. Put yourself in his position in our 2-1 win away against them. Through on goal,dying mins to seal the win,running towards our fans. Dream come true moment.The last thing on my mind would be to go to ground looking for a pen.

Strange, strange thread. Essentially people lambasting each other on the stupidest dividing line yet: Alfie scores a couple of goals against part timers when they were blowing out their arses ...and now he can’t be sold and Itten is pish and and and

I’d understand it better if last nights game had been against Celtic...but it won’t be like that because he wants away and we want to sell him - and given his patchy record and attitude since January **why is this even a thing?!**
Because people rightly or wrongly don't see his replacement as being anywhere near as good as him.

Most of us knew that, but many are obsessed by new signings assuming they will be automatically better.
I don’t think so. Morelos’ body language meant there was no option but to look to new signings for hope. That has changed. If he stays, keeps fit and maintains his current frame of mind, we win the title.

He looked back to his usual self, looking hungry and also seemed very happy. I think he likes playing alongside Defoe.
It will be interesting to see what happens, i suppose its up to him, if he wants to stay.

It's simple. 75% or more agreed he had to go. We liked start of season by Kent, and Aribo. Roofe not fit and too deep but quality is there in glimpses. However we can't see the Alfie replacement yet....we don't score enough goals for possession and dominance. Fans slightly worried and so logically or illogically say "Just keep him then". It's not evil, daft or anything else....its human nature.

Losing him would weaken the squad we have now. Unless we can guarantee we can bring in someone who will be as good as him and fit straight into the team (which we can't) then it's always going to be a huge risk selling him.

I would rather always keep our best players.

Losing him would weaken the squad we have now. Unless we can guarantee we can bring in someone who will be as good as him and fit straight into the team (which we can't) then it's always going to be a huge risk selling him.

I would rather always keep our best players.
Stop with the common sense mate...not welcome

Not one bear I've spoken to would start Itten at Easter Rd so in what way is poster wrong to say he's not automatic starter?

I would if Roofe isn't fit.

Itten was signed as a project, not to come immediately into the team. He's 23, younger than Morelos. He's played 2 and a half games. He's showed up well. The manager speaks highly of him, so do his teammates. He's involved in the set up at Switzerland. To be dismissive of the kid already isn't so much unfair as it is retarded.

Barisic; Aribo; now Itten. What's sad is the boy will have to be absolutely exceptional going forward with little margine for error because the lunatic fringe have already made up their minds.

Because people rightly or wrongly don't see his replacement as being anywhere near as good as him.

number 1 we bought two players to replace him and play a different way more suited to the players we have around him (Hagi, Kent, Borna, Tav)

Number 2, they have hardly kicked a ball yet and Roofe has scored a couple. Deciding about Itten - who has had injury interruptions - now is one of those things a section of our fan base does and personally I choose to call it out....because it’s absolutely appalling behaviour

and number 3: Alfie has been overweight and disinterested from the start of the season. I could understand this thread a bit more if he’d actually done something this calendar year worthy of such childish loyalty. How this gets away with his behaviour is beyond me.

and BTW - because not everything has to be a zero sum matter - that doesn’t mean I don’t think Alfie can and has been a wonderful player for us and asset. If he stays and we can afford to improvethe areas of the team that need it - great. but if we end up with Alfie switching off in January because he didn’t get his move again and we still don’t have a dominant and driving midfielder... I’m bookmarking this thread to come back and have a word with some of you :-/

We need to keep Morelos for this season, he is our best player. He still has unfinished business here. SG dangled a very encouraging welcome mat to him last night.

If Morelos is focused and hungry I want him to stay.

If Morelos is uninterested and has his mind elsewhere I want him gone.

It's up to Alfie to show us what Morelos we're going to be getting moving forward.. starting with Hibs on Sunday where he'll be in the starting 11.
I agree with this.

Not writing Itten or Roofe off at all,but they won’t win us the league imo that looks obvious to me already.
[/QUOTE]

If Morelos was the man to lead us to the league where was he post December last season?

Roofe brings others into play more so than Alfie and improves our overall attacking play imv. He is also better defensively as well.

Hyperbole after a win against part-timers from some sections of our support. it's not Rangers who are actively looking to sell Morelos it was Morelos and his agent who wants him to move on to a better league.
We had to buy replacements as he looked like he just was not interested this has now worked wonders and got him playing again.
win win for us the only way we will sell him is for him to be playing well and if we do not sell him, him playing well is great for us.

I'd be delighted to keep him and sell him in January. He can't be trusted to keep up form for the whole season, but 6 months of great form would be very welcome and then sell him when his stock is high.

Itten is a flop let’s be honest. Some transfers work some don’t he will be away on loan in January and gone at end of season
You're an absolute... (edited to not get a ban). He's a flop after how many games? Do you remember when Alfredo was backup to Eduardo Harrera. What did you think about Ricksen being roasted by Bobby Petta and subbed off early doors? Do you remember Mark Hately's start at Rangers and so many others? Flops? By goodness.

Here's some other names of players who have had poorer starts over longer periods than Itten has had: Dennis Bergkamp and Henry at Arsenal, Gareth Bale at Spurs, Luis Suarez only scored 4 in his first half a season at Liverpool and so many others.

%^*& me man

Back