We could have embarassed Feyenoord tonight

Penalty.
Alfie penalty that never was.
Arfield post.
Jack with all the time in the world but knocked it over.
The Goldson free headers.
Second half nearly cost us tho

How far have we come that we are creating that amount of chances against a top Dutch side in European football? Gerrard really has turned us around.

But we didn't, and that's our biggest problem, not being able to kill teams off.
We were excellent tonight though.

Absolutely but at the same time how many times have we rued not being clinical enough?
Great result and really good performance though. I’d love if we could make things easier for ourselves though.

We’re so frustrating with the amount of chances we fail to convert. Got to think we’ll give someone a proper hiding soon.

I was shocked by the stats on TV at the end of the game too. Seems Feyenoord had more possession, shots, passes etc, etc...who'd have thunk it.

We beat them AND we stole one of their banners, how much more embarrassment could they take?

Our inability to finish chances will cost us.

We could easily have conceded at least one tonight. This has been a problem for a while now.

The hardest thing in football is scoring goals, that’s why strikers usually go for the highest fees but that said, we really need to get better at putting the ball in the net.

Penalty.
Arfield post.

How far have we come that we are creating that amount of chances against a top Dutch side in European football? Gerrard really has turned us around.

But we didn’t. Feyenoord had their own chances to equalise as well & if it wasn’t for some top work from Shagger they might have.

We really need to be more ruthless. We’ve come far yes, but we can still be even better!

Reading tweets from their fans during the game and they are far from happy with the team from the manager down.

They were simply bulldozed in that first half and for a fair bit of the second. I can see their point, but we looked far better than them in most departments bar a few scares in defence.

Yes, we could have and the missed chances are a bit concerning.

But...

I'm finding it hard to be too disappointed by it given we've got a crucial opening match win against an opponent of decent pedigree (even if they were unexpectedl6 poor on the night). Buzzing at the 3 points too much to dwell on it.

Also, I think the players deserve credit for seeing that result out. Around 70 mins, it seemed to me that they realised they had squandered too many chances and things were getting a bit nervy but they secured the clean sheet. That's impressive character shown again. 9 euro games and not behind for a single minute, that doesn't happen by accident.

I'd argue we did embarrass Feyenoord tonight. Record books might show only a 1-0 win but they will be getting slaughtered tomorrow on the Dutch back pages as we played them off the park.

Penalty.
Arfield post.

And yet we could have very easily have ended up drawing , saw the good and bad sides of rangers tonight.

Becoming more clinical is the last piece of the jigsaw, we do miss a lot of chances in most games.

Great performance in the first half tonight, we should have been out of sight.

Back