We Deserve This Day - Enjoy It

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
After all we have been through over the last 6 years, who would have thought during that spell we would have a name like Steven Gerrard leading us into battle?

Yes, this appointment is looked at being a risk for some in our support but I have every confidence in this being the game changer we need on the park.

For the first time in a LONG time, our club is the talk of World Football for positive, exciting reasons. We've been kicked from pillar to post, belittled for trying to want better and had a constant stream of pish handed our way. Even when talks of Gerrard coming was announced, the Scottish Media have done everything they can to put their negative spin on it, used any warped angle to try and make this out to be a disaster before it's even began. We all know the game they've tried to play here. And they have lost.

There is a long way to go still in front of us on the park. There is no denying that. This appointment doesn't change things instantly but its a massive step in the right direction. To be a success as a manger or a player at our club, you need to have a real edge about you. A "no fucks given" attitude. Gerrard has that. He's not here to make friends, he's here to win.

So let's enjoy this day today and do all we can to back the club with this appointment. We definitely have an exciting summer coming our way and we'll be back to normal matters tomorrow at Ibrox for Kilmarnock.

If you can get to Ibrox for 3pm, then get along. If you can't, watch it on TV. Talk about it on Social Media - GET INVOVLED but most importantly, enjoy it. We deserve it.

WATP.

I know I am nervous about this, don't know if it is the right decision but God I haven't felt this excited for a long time!

This is vindication in our support finally something to wax lyrical about. This is big time for us and should ring in some much needed cash and the name alone should attract some signings exciting times ahead.......

It has been a long time coming, excited about what is ahead and hopeful of a bounce in the team confidence to get us into second spot and Europe. Now that would really make for an exciting summer.

I haven't felt this excited about an announcement since we signed Gazza.

I am completely behind Gerrard now (was apprehensive at first but the more I think about this appointment the more confident I become).

What a journey this has been. I don’t wish to repeat it. Now we can get back on top and enjoy it. Football once again is great.

We deserve better.

We got it.

The Buzz about the club and support just now is an absolute joy!!! WATP!!

Well said.

I said I had never wanted a Rangers manager to succeed as Pedro Caixinha but this? This is another level.

No Surrender Steven Gerrard.

Wonderful post, Empire.

I am absolutely buzzing for this. The match this weekend is going to be some atmosphere. :D

It’s been a long time coming.

Dreaded some days getting up to find what disaster awaited us.

Then Dave King and the 3 Bears saved us.

They then got rid of fat man. That was something else.

The recent Managers gave me the fear at times.

The board have now delivered.

Let’s welome SG and no doubt number 55

WATP

Well said op.

The most uplifting part of this whole thing for me is the realisation of the clear reverence our great Club is held in down south, from ex-players to journalists to broadcasters, they have all spoken in glowing terms about how big a club we are and how prestigious an opportunity it is for Steven Gerrard.

Living in the poisonous goldfish bowl of this country where hatred and smears are spread by our hacks and enemies you tend to naturally lose sight of that.

After all we have been through over the last 6 years, who would have thought during that spell we would have a name like Steven Gerrard leading us into battle?

Yes, this appointment is looked at being a risk for some in our support but I have every confidence in this being the game changer we need on the park.

For the first time in a LONG time, our club is the talk of World Football for positive, exciting reasons. We've been kicked from pillar to post, belittled for trying to want better and had a constant stream of pish handed our way. Even when talks of Gerrard coming was announced, the Scottish Media have done everything they can to put their negative spin on it, used any warped angle to try and make this out to be a disaster before it's even began. We all know the game they've tried to play here. And they have lost.

There is a long way to go still in front of us on the park. There is no denying that. This appointment doesn't change things instantly but its a massive step in the right direction. To be a success as a manger or a player at our club, you need to have a real edge about you. A "no fucks given" attitude. Gerrard has that. He's not here to make friends, he's here to win.

So let's enjoy this day today and do all we can to back the club with this appointment. We definitely have an exciting summer coming our way and we'll be back to normal matters tomorrow at Ibrox for Kilmarnock.

If you can get to Ibrox for 3pm, then get along. If you can't, watch it on TV. Talk about it on Social Media - GET INVOVLED but most importantly, enjoy it. We deserve it.

WATP.

Well said mate

I've been feeling a bit down after major surgery but today has been the biggest and best pick me up I could've wished for.:D

By phuck we all deserve a change in luck and hopefully this is only the beginning.

WATP.

NS.

I've been feeling a bit down after major surgery but today has been the biggest and best pick me up I could've wished for.:D

By phuck we all deserve a change in luck and hopefully this is only the beginning.

WATP.

NS.

Get well soon mate!

Spot on ,lets celebrate the bold move and the enjoy the day with fellow bears.
On Rangers On.

Actual goosebumps reading that post. Superb mate. This is what it feels like to be a Rangers fan. Absolutely buzzing for this presser

No one can unite our support was the cry.

Well that man hasn't even arrived yet and the support is as united as we've seen for many a year.

I've been texting fellow supporters that I've not seen for years and each and every one of them is buzzing.

Absolutely ecstatic, you better believe we deserve it and here's to the good times.

Biggest buzz and excitement for me since the day Gazza arrived at the club.

Yes it's risky. But no manager is a sure thing no matter how many years under their belt they had.

WATP

Well said Empire.

After all the crap we have put up with for 6 years we sure as hell deserve this day..

Enjoy it Bears

Well said op.

The most uplifting part of this whole thing for me is the realisation of the clear reverence our great Club is held in down south, from ex-players to journalists to broadcasters, they have all spoken in glowing terms about how big a club we are and how prestigious an opportunity it is for Steven Gerrard.

Living in the poisonous goldfish bowl of this country where hatred and smears are spread by our hacks and enemies you tend to naturally lose sight of that.
Great post let’s all enjoy this bears %^*& all the haters

If this appointment has the scum worrying and complaining as much as they are, it can only be a good thing.

We deserve the hype around this appointment after the last few years.

Enjoy it bears!

This is just the start. Gerrard is a winner. He hasn’t come here to take second place to Brenda.

Enjoy this day bears everywhere. The good times are coming back.

Must be a difficult one for the Chelsea posse to swallow tho’.

:D:p;)

Can't wait for next season now. Think we all deserve a pat on the back. Our support for our club over the last few years has been unbelievable. We are back on the football map because of this. We most definitely are the people. Welcome to the Worlds greatest football club Steven Gerrard!

Great Post Empire.

For the first time in many years im excited about this extraordinary appointment.

Take the positives. We need a freshness, new approach and whomever we appointed in my opinion would be a risk. Recent appointments will tell us this. It's all.... Always about the Rangers!!

Mr Gerrard may not have the management experience but everybody learns somewhere. Player wise he is world class. Or was in his prime. He can attract very good players as well as general attraction to our team. He has my respect for everything he has brought to the game. I'm 39 and grew up watching him. He has had a first class experience with Liverpool mainly. Top flight European champion league winner. This guy is a winner.
I could not have forseen this. This is fantastic news for our club.

This not only has shown the light on us globally but also on a positive way. Ignore the negative comments about anyone connected to them. They are very nervous about this. That's why the negative comments.

Fair play to Derek Mcinnes for backing him too. He may had fled to sheepville but deep down he is still one of us. His comments emphasis what this means for us and Scottish football. It needed a injection of life and definitely has succeeded.

All behind Gerrard and his management and staff. Fantastic appointment. Congratulations to the board.

Let's not expect instant results either. Get behind him, the board and take this opportunity to eventually grab our trophies back where the rightfully belong.

Unfortunately can't make it to Ibrox today....100000% behind this appointment and all bears attending today.

Roll on the good times. We deserve this day.

WATP

I'm excited about the appointment but it's young bears like my little brother who is in his teens and hasn't had that sense of excitement and enjoyment watching Rangers as i did as a youth.

Enjoy it everyone but especially the new generation of fans, they deserve it more than most after the hardship of the past few years.

Let's hope it works out.

Back