We enquired about Sean Longstaff last year

I spoke to Sean's Dad David about this last year. He was at Kilmarnock for a while, and we had enquired then also.

I spoke to Sean's Dad David about this last year. He was at Kilmarnock for a while, and we had enquired then also.
Not read the article so not sure if covered on that but aren’t the related to (ex scum ) Alan Thompson

It’s almost like you are saying players cannot improve over time...

Lot of pish. McGinn’s a cracking player and will play for a Champions League team within a year or two.
Kirk Boradfoot played in a champions league team.

McGinn is a good player who has improved, but I wouldn't consider him top class. I suppose perhaps the term top class is subjective. If you want to define what it means and put forward how McGinn is top class then fair enough.

Keep pretending you wouldn't have John McGinn in our midfield, extra staunch points for you mate :)
giphy.gif

McGinn will not be top class until he stops constantly giving the ball away in stupid positions.

The point was 40m doesn't get you much in the premiership these days.

He is good but he is not 'top class' IMO.

not many top class players play in Scottish division 1 at 21 years old

Jamie Vardy was playing non-league football as recently as 2012. I guess it depends on your definition of "top class". McGinn is a very, very good player and will play at a level higher than Aston Villa.

Not read the article so not sure if covered on that but aren’t the related to (ex scum ) Alan Thompson
The day the younger brother scored against Man Utd on his debut,MOTD had a picture of the two of them,one was wearing the green and grey

John McGinn is a top class player, who we would love if he was at Rangers, let's not be bitter.
Nah, the team photograph would be totally fckd.
Not to mention how many mirrors he would crack.
How much bad luck do you want?
We have only just got over all the bad luck Davie Dodds left us with. :rolleyes:

McGinn will be playing with someone like Man Utd or Tottenham in a couple of years, I'm delighted that the filth wouldn't fork out £3m for him, otherwise they would have a cracking player for a couple of years before making a fortune on him.

I think Rangers dodged a bullet when Lawwelll - despite Brendan's urging - wouldn't meet Hibs asking price for McGinn. He would have substantially improved the yahoos midfield had he signed, of that there is NO doubt.

What relevance does what he did at 21 have in comparison to whats he is doing at 24 in terms of current ability? Delighted the beggars never got him
I suppose its relevant to me because at 21 he was well known, had a good reputation and was a regular Scottish international at the various youth levels, yet no club in his own back yard took a punt on him to the point he was plodding away in division 1 for a while (quite similar to Shankland at the moment I suppose)

Yes he is good and I'm happy the beggars never got him either, but you've got to wonder. He comes from a massive Celtc background, he has been a highly touted prospect and well known good young player for a good while and yet they never took a punt over a million quid. Not long after they decided not to go for him they spunked millions on random nobodies.

I suppose its relevant to me because at 21 he was well known, had a good reputation and was a regular Scottish international at the various youth levels, yet no club in his own back yard took a punt on him to the point he was plodding away in division 1 for a while (quite similar to Shankland at the moment I suppose)

Yes he is good and I'm happy the beggars never got him either, but you've got to wonder. He comes from a massive Celtc background, he has been a highly touted prospect and well known good young player for a good while and yet they never took a punt over a million quid. Not long after they decided not to go for him they spunked millions on random nobodies.

True, although I do feel that the success of McGinn and our return to form forced their hand with regards to the money they spent this summer. Brenda off the wage bill might have been a factor as well coz that bigot should be on pennies in comparison to Rodgers.

Regardless, I'm sure we agree he ain't no Steve Davis!

Back