We ever scored from our own half before?

So we think no is the answer?

Roberts was the furthest out I had witnessed until tonight from one of our players. But as others have said, it was from the motherwell end of the centre circle.

So we think no is the answer?

Roberts was the furthest out I had witnessed until tonight from one of our players. But as others have said, it was from the motherwell end of the centre circle.
I think it's a no unless evidence appears. Watching it back Roofe is JUST inside our half so I think it's the furthest out ever.

Can't think of one from my time watching Rangers and the closest I believe I have read of (although I may just be looking for an excuse to mention a certain game) was George Young's 50 yard free kick to score Rangers 4th in the 8-1 victory in January 1943 -

“Young, from the centre of the field, let go a long go-as-you-please ball which flew gaily past everybody until it found a refuge in the net behind the bewildered Miller.

“Celtic protested strongly, apparently on grounds that a Rangers forward was offside.

“In the process McDonald was ordered off.”

:D:D:D

Last edited:
I've certainly never seen us score from our own half. Only ever seen it on TV now and again .

What a goal that was. Unbelievable. Even had my mate off his seat and he's English.

Latest posts

Back