We expecting a big name signing?

Doesn't have to be a big name but we need a big centre half, big personality, brave on the ball, leader! £2.5m gets you an excellent Goldson a £1m less gets you the potential of Katic. It would be great to get a Cuellar level gem...somehow

This “they’ve got Lennon” stuff is doing my head in. Yeah he’s no Rodgers, but he still done well enough against us with them the first time round and also with hibs iirc.
We cannot think we’ve got any kind of advantage or we will get complacent. We need exactly what we all said months ago, 4 quality additions, 3 if we keep Morelos and keep him on the park.
They will spend money, they have more than us, so we need to buy wisely and utilise the players well.

We don't need a big name. We need players that will improve us. Gerrard and the board know what we need. We were close last year. We will cross the line next season I have no doubts

We weren’t that close though. 9 points. The table doesn’t lie after a full season.
They were piss poor and still finished 3 victories ahead of us, we were closer than before, but we weren’t close.

We weren’t that close though. 9 points. The table doesn’t lie after a full season.
They were piss poor and still finished 3 victories ahead of us, we were closer than before, but we weren’t close.

Let's take the last game out players were pretty much on holiday on a shit plastic pitch nothing to play for. 2 points robbed by a bad decision v dundee. We fished the season strong the season goes another 4 or 5 games we win it in my opinion. We have a nucleus of a strong side. Doesn't need a big name signing needs to be the right signing. A guy who can unlock that door in tight 0 0 games

Wouldn't mind 1 or 2 from the the u20s making the step up aswell we need to soon start producing players from the unders group to help us financially and also saves us having to scout players for certain positions. We now look like we've got one of the best youth academy's in Europe but it means nothing if they can't make it at senior level.

Let's take the last game out players were pretty much on holiday on a shit plastic pitch nothing to play for. 2 points robbed by a bad decision v dundee. We fished the season strong the season goes another 4 or 5 games we win it in my opinion. We have a nucleus of a strong side. Doesn't need a big name signing needs to be the right signing. A guy who can unlock that door in tight 0 0 games

We finished the season well as there was relatively little pressure involved. The test comes when you’re on top and leading the pack, we failed miserably in that respect.

You may not mean to make that post sound complacent but we can’t afford to assume just because we finished strongly (other than Kilmarnock) that we’re the finished article.
I’d like to see us sign 1. Top class international centre half (and potential captain) 2. Top class international left back, 3. A first choice midfielder to rival Jack. 4. A top quality striker having lost Lafferty.
All 4 players have to be better than what Celtic have and better than what we already have.
I clearly seem to be in the minority along with you on this thread. I’m not getting all happy clappy yet on the back of signing Hastie, Jones, likely Stewart and Ojo and possibly Kent. Still feels short on the goals front. And we need a quality left back, a centre half to challenge Goldson and Katic and a guy with the eye for a good through ball.

We don't need a big name. We need players that will improve us. Gerrard and the board know what we need. We were close last year. We will cross the line next season I have no doubts
Fingers crossed.

The mentally challengeds will doubtless spend cash. Hopefully our transfer dealings are the more successful.

Not "big names" but I think Aribo & Kent would be 2 huge signings if we can get those over the line.

Think we'll sign a couple more big signings of that level only if Morelos goes.

If he stays I can see us sticking with what we have & just signing a couple of defenders then we're done I reckon.

Would consider Kalas another big signing if there's anything in that one but don't think there is tbh.

Doesn’t need to be a big name but we need a few quality signings.

I’d be disappointed if we don’t pull out a 3/4 million signing.

The price is irrelevant to me.

As long as they improve our starting 11.

Arfield, Kamara, Davis, Tav, Kent, Defoe being perfect examples.

The mentally challengeds spunked more money on Kouassi than the players I've mentioned put together.

I expect Alfie to go so we need his replacement in place. Going with Defoe alone just won’t cut it.

We also need to sign someone who will instantly be recognised as the best player in Scotland and put him in the centre of our midfield.

Kent and anyone else is a bonus imo.

Keep tav is a given also.

You may not mean to make that post sound complacent but we can’t afford to assume just because we finished strongly (other than Kilmarnock) that we’re the finished article.
I’d like to see us sign 1. Top class international centre half (and potential captain) 2. Top class international left back, 3. A first choice midfielder to rival Jack. 4. A top quality striker having lost Lafferty.
All 4 players have to be better than what Celtic have and better than what we already have.

Correct .

Doesn’t need to be a big name but we need a few quality signings.

I’d be disappointed if we don’t pull out a 3/4 million signing.

This makes the assumption that money spent on a player is an any way an indicator of quality, which we of all clubs should know by now isn’t always the case.

Law of averages would dictate that it often is the case sure but in the price bracket you are talking about it is a minefield these days particularly with the English market being what it is.

We need a few players, I’m not going to moan if they aren’t multiple millions in fees provided they contribute.

Football transfer fees have increased to astronomical levels and the difference between spending £5m vs. a free transfer / Bosman is negligible.

The real game changer is the wages you're willing and able to offer, this is what defines the standard of player we will bring in.

We need to stop judging recruitment investment purely on transfer fees.

For what it's worth, I'd prefer to see us signing players at the start of their development curve, younger players with hunger and ambition that can give us 2-3 years of good service followed by a windfall.

We were a better team after the January additions, it took them a while to settle in but Davis and Kamara certainly improved our starting XI and Defoe gives genuine competition for Morelos.

The league table doesn’t lie but it can be misleading.

Regardless we should still be looking to improve as much as possible.

Keeping Tav, keeping Alfie and re-signing Kent would excite me more than a new marquee signing. Teams can improve by hanging on to their best players and those players building an understanding with each other over several seasons. That said every good team needs three quality centre backs.

We were a better team after the January additions, it took them a while to settle in but Davis and Kamara certainly improved our starting XI and Defoe gives genuine competition for Morelos.

The league table doesn’t lie but it can be misleading.

Regardless we should still be looking to improve as much as possible.
I think it showed that playing Defoe brought a huge amount out of Arfield
Alfie likes to play on his own.
Alfie and Defoe haven’t yet shown they can play together

Back