We follow Glasgow Rangers

Even if it means being chucked out of Europe?

Because that's where it's heading if we keep singing the Billy Boys. Assuming that's the anthem you're referring to.

Reactions: VGM
Even if it means being chucked out of Europe?

Because that's where it's heading if we keep singing the Billy Boys. Assuming that's the anthem you're referring to.
Anyone with readily working retinas can see ive posted the non sectarian version. Well done mate, great reply.

It needs to change from the billy boys to the something like Rangers boys then what do we change 19th Century Terrorist blood too?
It'll never take off sadly, even though it would sound just as loud and good with 50k fans.

Anyone with readily working retinas can see ive posted the non sectarian version. Well done mate, great reply.

And anyone with a brain knows uefa banned the song 'in any form' so as soon as you start 'hello hello' we are f*cked.

Why can't people understand this?

I’d love everyone to sing that version. Maybe if the club embraced and endorsed it and promoted it we could get somewhere. It would take someone with a big influence and high profile at the club leading a campaign with as much publicity as the everywhere anywhere campaign itself to make it work.
Our media department are creating some excellent short films about the players, games etc. It would be an incredibly bold approach to use their skills to target our song book. The boss is doing a tremendous job of highlighting the excellence and power of our passionate support. I don’t think it’s out with the realms of possibility that the club could boldly drive a change. And we, the supporters who are able to see the massive folly of singing words that are no longer acceptable to the authorities we play within would need to support and drive it too.
Isn’t it utterly galling that the great time we are finally enjoying as a club is under threat because idiots cannot keep their mouths shut. You are entitled to your views - but not in the name of our club. Stop harming the very thing you love!

And anyone with a brain knows uefa banned the song 'in any form' so as soon as you start 'hello hello' we are f*cked.

In fairness, I don't think UEFA banned the tune, Man United fans sing a song similar as an example. Could have missed UEFA banning it. Point stands, no gain from changing the lyrics, best thing would be not to sing it as the club have requested for years.

This argument lost validity almost 10 years ago. We were told to stop anything to the tune of TBB for good reason. Our haters really don’t care what words are sung, they have us where they want us and will continue to push for punishments at every opportunity.

UEFA have been emphatically clear that it is their ball and their rules. We cannot win an argument with them on this.

This argument lost validity almost 10 years ago. We were told to stop anything to the tune of TBB for good reason. Our haters really don’t care what words are sung, they have us where they want us and will continue to push for punishments at every opportunity.

UEFA have been emphatically clear that it is their ball and their rules. We cannot win an argument with them on this.
Can remember Edu being chanted to the tune and even people whistling it.It had stopped but has come back big time

It’s ridiculous, the club tried to encourage acceptable lyrics decades ago, the fan base missed the boat. Thinking that we could now do the bare minimum and make everything go away is laughable. Ignoring warning after warning and fine after fine is what has led us to this ridiculous place.

I’d love everyone to sing that version. Maybe if the club embraced and endorsed it and promoted it we could get somewhere. It would take someone with a big influence and high profile at the club leading a campaign with as much publicity as the everywhere anywhere campaign itself to make it work.
Our media department are creating some excellent short films about the players, games etc. It would be an incredibly bold approach to use their skills to target our song book. The boss is doing a tremendous job of highlighting the excellence and power of our passionate support. I don’t think it’s out with the realms of possibility that the club could boldly drive a change. And we, the supporters who are able to see the massive folly of singing words that are no longer acceptable to the authorities we play within would need to support and drive it too.
Isn’t it utterly galling that the great time we are finally enjoying as a club is under threat because idiots cannot keep their mouths shut. You are entitled to your views - but not in the name of our club. Stop harming the very thing you love!

I should add that in order for the club to endorse it it would also mean changing Billy Boys for Rangers Boys. The Earl of Leven makes a fair point about Billy Fullerton in his thread.

Mate I like the effort but we, and only we, aren't allowed to sing any song with any words to that tune.

You could hum it and the stadium would get shut.
That is where we are due to the inactions of a previous board.

The song had a chance to live 15 year ago, it's done, we lost, we just need to try and stop it being sung by any 1 single person in a 50000 crowd which will always contain some absolute zoomers.

Plenty other songs to sing, someone suggested we sing Flower of Scotland in another thread, food for thought :)

Don't worry though in a few months time we will be back here when they find something else that offends them.

It’s ridiculous, the club tried to encourage acceptable lyrics decades ago, the fan base missed the boat. Thinking that we could now do the bare minimum and make everything go away is laughable. Ignoring warning after warning and fine after fine is what has led us to this ridiculous place.

There are still zoomers on Twitter giving it "sing what you want, fck UEFA"

It's not difficult to not sing it, I've managed for years.

Mate I like the effort but we, and only we, aren't allowed to sing any song with any words to that tune.

You could hum it and the stadium would get shut.
That is where we are due to the inactions of a previous board.

The song had a chance to live 15 year ago, it's done, we lost, we just need to try and stop it being sung by any 1 single person in a 50000 crowd which will always contain some absolute zoomers.

Plenty other songs to sing, someone suggested we sing Flower of Scotland in another thread, food for thought :)

Don't worry though in a few months time we will be back here when they find something else that offends them.

I agree that the options are to completely ban the song or for the club to make the monumental effort that I describe. Again I think the club themselves, with a hugely bold and public campaign could drive a change. But it’s more likely that they ban it completely. Personally I think this is the easier option for them - but a short term solution in the end as other songs also need attending to.

I should add that in order for the club to endorse it it would also mean changing Billy Boys for Rangers Boys. The Earl of Leven makes a fair point about Billy Fullerton in his thread.

Something else many fans miss, Billy Fullerton is not someone the club will want to be associated with.

Back