We have a gem in George Edmundson

I know this was his first league start today which I find quite surprising but... we really do!
So young but has such poise under pressure, (I know only Hamilton) but intelligent with the ball at his feet, has pace, can header well and ...he does everything simply.

Listened to his interview after the game and he is so level headed.Seems to even though he is not playing much enjoying being at the club, and learning so much from so many.
You get the feeling he doesn't go for the headlines and just does what is asked. And does it well!

I really look forward to seeing him in a more competitive environment, and would be happy to see him more in central defence going forward.:))
One ame, against Hamilton and he’s a gem.
Almost as one game and he’s a dud.

Has by far the best distribution of our central defenders and is certainly the quickest.

In games like yesterday, when the opposition are defending deep, in numbers, he's ideal for shifting the ball quickly and accurately from defence.

Special mention for Goldson too.

The way he started and finished his goal was quality.

Already on 5 for the season.
He is a centre half the opposition can’t just “leave with the ball”.
Seems as adept at passing ten yards as forty.

He was really confident, passed well and defended well, 1 misplaced pass if I'm being picky. Interesting to see how he develops with us. 7/10.

Really promising stuff from him. I'd probably wait until he's played a game where has any actual defending to do though before we get overly carried away, but i am liking what i see so far.

The boy knows where the balls going before he gets it. He's probably our most composed cb at the club. Would be good to see him get a run of games and give goldson a rest as I think he needs one badly. The futures bright though can agree with the poster who said him and katic at the back with mccrorrie in front. He'll need to play against a couple of decent teams though before can judge him properly but so far he looks to be the real deal and a bargain the price we paid for him

He's like a tall Xavi with his reading of the game and passing ability, the new Richard Gough with his defending and when he brought the ball forward towards the halfway line, it reminded me of Michael Mols before his serious injury.

I hate comparing players but I have to admit I can see why Ross McCrorie was sent out on loan now.

Edmundson is just so much more solid defensively without really having to ever dive in, and has a bit more composure and a better range of passing too. Realistically McCrorie isn't or shouldn't be getting in ahead of him at either centre back or defensive mid for me.

I think the days of McCrorie being thought of as a CB are long gong. McCrorie is out to get experience because of midfield competition.

He had a good game but let's be honest he didnt have anything to do. Not getting carried away, one mistake and everyone will be on his back no doubt

I really like the look of him and he looks like he could potentially be a top centre half 1 day but I shouldn't really be saying that until I've seen him play more, especially in tough games lol. If he does I hope he's with us for many years.

I like him a lot but would like to see him tested against better opposition. Adrian edmundson could have played against Hamilton yesterday and scored.

The rich promise that Edmundson has amply demonstrated during his brief time at Rangers, really speaks to the importance of having a top notch scouting network in place. There must surely be other prospects in the lower English leagues who would also be worth considering investing in.

Deals such as the Edmundson transfer are really the way to build not only a sound football foundation, but a sound economic future as well. Or, put another way— 'buy low - sell high'.

At the end of the game for the last two games (obviously) he's walked right round the park and applauded our fans. I like the look of him as a player and that small gesture at the end of the game is a nice touch.

He's been up against a poor Aberdeen and Hamilton, so we'll see what happens if we throw him in against a European team. Very positive start!

And we all saw it tonight :))

There was at least half-a-dozen in here the other night saying he'd had a nightmare recently (Stranraer?) and should be nowhere near the first team.

What people need to remember is at 22 years old Richard Gough was Dundee Utds right back as he was not good enough to displace Hegarty and Narey. Yet this boy got slaughtered on here for a mistake. Likewise big Katic. A centre back is not at his best until he's 28.

Ronseal
Center Half
Does what he's supposed to do , defend !
No f*cking about , if he can do it at this level , he can do it in the league , that however is up to the manager to decide , over to you boss !
;)

He is Raw, but a talent and he has presence in the box. Remember he is a young guy only going to get better.

I am not saying he is not good. He had a great game tonight apart from the first seconds. But i am still not 100% sure if he is better than Katic or Helander. Both of them have their qualities and i reckon they would have looked good tonight too.

I am not saying he is not good. He had a great game tonight apart from the first seconds. But i am still not 100% sure if he is better than Katic or Helander. Both of them have their qualities and i reckon they would have looked good tonight too.

His biggest assets compared to Niko are his lightning pace and his distribution.

Niko lacks pace and is poor on the ball., but is still a very good central defender, who'll keep improving.

Last night though, Goldson and Edmundson were absolutely outstanding and deserve to keep their places for Tynecastle.

GE was superb, a no nonsense defender, Goldson was terrific. Niko has more work to do now, competition keeps them all on their toes, then Helander to come back. What a headache for Gerard....

Big man was excellent last night. Needs to be in the team more to lose the rawness.

Edmundson has everything that's needed to be a top class CB.

He is quick, strong, good in the air and a great passer.

Still very raw but all the attributes are there.

It’s his shirt to lose now. Gerrard had a long chat with him at full time, clearly delighted with his performance.

Back