We have nothing to fear from PSV

If they play open football I’m sure we will get loads of chances and get in behind them

Could be high scoring games

Philips Stadion can be a very intimidating place also.

We need a clean sheet and a few goals to take over there. We know we can score away. But we need to keep Veerman and wide players quiet.

Our wingers will be as important defending for us as they will be attacking.
We don’t need “a few goals and a clean sheet” What is the thinking there when you’ve also just said we can score away?

We aren't playing against a low block and we have lots of pace a solid midfield and a decent defence. We have very good players as do they. No one can predict the outcome but this is 50/50. We will score over there and we can beat them here.
As long as we don’t put in a Belgium-like performance.

We’ve only scored 1 goal in our last 4 European away games and we’ve lost all 4 games.
So over a four game period where we’ve won every tie you’re saying we need to take a three goal advantage away from home or we are out??

How many goals have we scored away in recent seasons?? Absolute shit loads!!

We don’t need “a few goals and a clean sheet” What is the thinking there when you’ve also just said we can score away?
PSV are a very very capable side. They are extremely dangerous on the attack and have scored 18 goals in their last 5 competitive matches.

This is what I mean. So to give us the best chance possible I believe 2 goal lead with clean sheet is a must going into the second leg.

PSV are a very very capable side. They are extremely dangerous on the attack and have scored 18 goals in their last 5 competitive matches.

This is what I mean. So to give us the best chance possible I believe 2 goal lead with clean sheet is a must going into the second leg.
Oh we’re down to a two goal lead now from a three goal lead?

Cool!

It would be difficult to turn down a 1 goal win if it were offered now.

The other side of the coin is we haven’t scored in the last 3 away euro games and have lost the last 4.

Yes, our new signings appear to have improved us but it’s difficult to make the case for us retrieving the situation away if Tuesday isn’t favourable
You’ve got to be one of the most negative people on here!
I’m putting you on ignore you literally sook the life out of threads with doom and gloom!

So over a four game period where we’ve won every tie you’re saying we need to take a three goal advantage away from home or we are out??

How many goals have we scored away in recent seasons?? Absolute shit loads!!

No, I literally never said that.

I was just pointing out our away European form has been poor recently and we’ve been able to overcome the poor results by our sensational home form.

We don’t have that safety net in this tie so we’re either going to have to get a good result at home or play much better away from home.

You’ve got to be one of the most negative people on here!
I’m putting you on ignore you literally sook the life out of threads with doom and gloom!

Not sure what’s “negative” about stating our away record in Europe hasn’t been great of late.

Most people, and the chap I was talking to, would agree with that.

But okay bye.

No, I literally never said that.

I was just pointing out our away European form has been poor recently and we’ve been able to overcome the poor results by our sensational home form.

We don’t have that safety net in this tie so we’re either going to have to get a good result at home or play much better away from home.
Our away form you’re talking about apart from USG has been against arguably better teams that PSV.
I’ve no idea where this over inflated opinion of PSV has came from recently but they’re a decent team….we’ve beaten much better in our “recent” European ties.

This kind of stuff doesn’t help anyone at all.
Neither does your negativity! You were the exact same after the USG result and the negativity is still pouring out of you! If a guy thinks it’ll be 4-0 good for him! I like positive posts/people…..you should give it a try you might like it….but then again I doubt it!

Neither does your negativity! You were the exact same after the USG result and the negativity is still pouring out of you! If a guy thinks it’ll be 4-0 good for him! I like positive posts/people…..you should give it a try you might like it….but then again I doubt it!
Are you okay? :oops:

Our away form you’re talking about apart from USG has been against arguably better teams that PSV.
I’ve no idea where this over inflated opinion of PSV has came from recently but they’re a decent team….we’ve beaten much better in our “recent” European ties.

So we just shouldn’t worry about our away form then?

PSV are a very good side. They are as good as, if not better, than a lot of teams we’ve played in Europe recently.

So we just shouldn’t worry about our away form then?

PSV are a very good side. They are as good as, if not better, than a lot of teams we’ve played in Europe recently.
It’s a totally different dynamic this away tie. The ones you’re referring to we played to stay in the tie and take it back to Ibrox.
They’re not better than Dortmund/Leipzig and probs on a par with Slavia and Braga.
PSV have done absolutely nothing in Europe to warrant the bed wetting on here.
A good team but nowhere near the European top table! Nowhere near it!

It’s a totally different dynamic this away tie. The ones you’re referring to we played to stay in the tie and take it back to Ibrox.
They’re not better than Dortmund/Leipzig and probs on a par with Slavia and Braga.
PSV have done absolutely nothing in Europe to warrant the bed wetting on here.
A good team but nowhere near the European top table! Nowhere near it!

I know it’s a different dynamic, I was saying exactly that earlier on. That’s why I said we either have to get a lead to take over there or improve our away European form or else we’re going to be in trouble.

Nobody is wetting the bed, we’re just giving PSV the respect they deserve.

Feels strange being at home first this time. Adds a different dynamic to the match.

It also means we need to be on it this Thursday as it will be far from easy over there.

But I've loads of confidence in this team. We can absolutely do it.
It’s only in recent years, maybe even just the last two, that second leg at home has been good to us.
Or, maybe it was the away goals being changed that helped us.
Either way, I’m not yet unhappy when it’s home first for us.

How far back do we need to go?

Hagi goal at Brondby last December was a cracker but I don’t think we played well in that game otherwise.
Even just the previous season, bud.
All I’m really saying is that it’s quite a new thing for us to be as poor away from home as we’ve been, or were last season.
Whether it’s the change of manager that has caused this or not, I don’t know.

I really don’t think discussion forums are the place for you mate

I know it’s a different dynamic, I was saying exactly that earlier on. That’s why I said we either have to get a lead to take over there or improve our away European form or else we’re going to be in trouble.

Nobody is wetting the bed, we’re just giving PSV the respect they deserve.
Correct. The term “ bed wetters “ is used by people who use exclamation marks at the end of every sentence and to be honest it’s difficult to take them remotely seriously.

Even just the previous season, bud.
All I’m really saying is that it’s quite a new thing for us to be as poor away from home as we’ve been, or were last season.
Whether it’s the change of manager that has caused this or not, I don’t know.

Season 19/20 we did well away to Braga and Feyenoord. Feyenood will be three years ago in November :eek:

Must have had a couple in season 20/21 but I’m having a brain fart trying to name them.

Edit:

Roofe goal in pissing rain vs Liege right enough. Then the game in Antwerp in the last 32, a game for the defensive purists :)

Last edited:
Season 19/20 we did well away to Braga and Feyenoord. Feyenood will be three years ago in November :eek:

Must have had a couple in season 20/21 but I’m having a brain fart trying to name them.

We were absolutely outstanding away to Benfica.

Should’ve won by 4 or 5 that night yet somehow drew 3-3.

We were absolutely outstanding away to Benfica.

Should’ve won by 4 or 5 that night yet somehow drew 3-3.

Another I forgot about :)

We were superb that night and did fukk it up.

Good to be in a position to forget about decent away performances after having so many games against that level of teams.

No, we have to use fear as motivation. We can't go into this tie thinking it will be easy. A place in the CL is at stake and our players better be up for a battle. Maximum effort for both legs. Our attitude will have to be spot on, and desire and hunger to win stronger than PSV.
I think we are ready for this. I also don’t doubt our players desire to play in this competition. Our Dutch mob against theirs, bring it on.

With the notable exception of Dortmund, we have genuinely been rank in recent European away games. When was the last decent one other than Dortmund?
I think the poor away form in knockout rounds is a red herring. A knockout tie is always over 2 legs and over 2 legs we’ve got amazing success as of late

Kent, Alfie, Lawrence all rested for the Gers
Be tougher for them, Ibrox is unforgiving
No doubt.

Think people are being a bit naive though saying PSV aren’t a very dangerous side. Failed to score 3+ goals in only 1 of their 5 games so far.

They gubbed the equivalent of Dundee today. This is an even contest. We can match them in every area. Half our team could get in their team and vice versa. We have beaten better in the last 12 months. Sure they are dangerous but we won't be playing against a deep block. We can absolutely do this.
They are a very good side.

They gubbed the equivalent of Dundee today. This is an even contest. We can match them in every area. Half our team could get in their team and vice versa. We have beaten better in the last 12 months. Sure they are dangerous but we won't be playing against a deep block. We can absolutely do this.
I remember when the Scottish media told us we had nothing to fear from the Aberdeen of Spain, Valencia.

Alfie wasn’t rested. Gio said he’s nowhere near ready to start games.
Less minutes on Saturday then the more minutes available on Tuesday is how I see it, not expecting a start or even a half out of him but a 30 minutes of Morelos when he is hungry…look out

What difference does a clean sheet make ?

Back