We have offically sent them dolally - caffeine doping

I actually seen one saying that the players whr taking gaviscon liquid and it has a performance enhancing substance in it that's banned to athletes. I wasn't sure wether it was a bheast taking the piss as it's hard to tell with them at times . Regardless I was pishing myself . Had images in my head of all the players and management team furking off to the bog to do lines of gavisconB-DB-DB-D
haha and they could get it on the way into the.ground, get yer hoat pies spearment chewing gum and gaviscon.

It would also be ineffective past a couple of months or so - as others have mentioned the body quickly adapts to caffeine (in particular you develop more adenosine receptors in the brain), and as a result you need more to get the same effect - if you're having megadoses for a sustained period you'll eventually need a huge amount just to get to baseline.

Teams doing so would eventually see a 'crash' in performance levels but that would happen after only a couple months, you wouldn't sustain that over an entire season (or more, in the case of Liverpool).

I read a study a few years ago that showed that the effect from caffeine in long term users is kind of like a placebo, or is just returning you to the pre-caffeine baseline. Basically, it gives you a boost in energy and cognitive ability when tolerance is low. As tolerance builds, when you use it you feel like you get boost and if you don't use you feel like shit. But the boost you get is just removing the withdrawal and returning to the baseline, your normality. So if people stopped using coffee and got through the withdrawal period, they would feel and perform the same as when they had been using caffeine.

They might be onto something here

Think Lafferty said that Gerard wouldn’t allow them a hot drink on the way back from UFA, as the players were on a controlled diet

Look at their over 30’s players. Defoe is older than Scott Brown but when he plays he seems, at times, to be years younger. Davis still helms their midfield and McGregor is as alert as he ever was.

And whilst we’re on the subject of alertness, we’re talking here about a team that not only runs for 90’s minutes every single week but who’s defence is so sharp in its concentration levels than they barely concede goals. Good coaching, sure … but really?

How do you transform Connor Goldson from the shambling ruin our strikers loved to come up against into a player who looks a mile better than anyone in our back line? Hard work on the training ground? Don’t make me laugh, that’s absolutely ridiculous.

Gerrard and his team have clearly done wonders for the organisation of the team … that’s just crystal clear. But the improvements as so marked that they even bother some of the Ibrox supporters.
Defoe looks younger because he doesn’t go on the swally and eat kebabs

Why did I find that and read it...head hurts. o_O

When you start it by saying "I'm not making any allegations....but a serious media should look at it" and then repeat several times "I'm not making any direct allegations" and also go to pains to point out that "the central theories relate to practices that aren't even banned", why the %^*& would you spend likely days of your life trying to paint a picture of cheating or deceit that doesn't exist, whether theoretically or in reality, and then demand that the serious press or the SFA to look into it?

As the thread title says, definitely sending them doolally, and it's feckin great :cool:

There is an article in the secret lounge showing how caffeine doping helps prevent Covid. It also theorizes that it could prevent verbal diarrhea. Clearly one side has the advantage.

Our new song - “The Coffee Song by Edmundo Ross”. Way down among Brazilians coffee beans grow by the millions and they’ve got an awful lot of cups to fill.............

Sadly there is some truth in this rumour but it's years out of date. We were coffee doping for 6 months back in the Warburton years but Joey Barton spat the dummy and took the coffee machine away with him when he left the club. Since then we've had to rely on instant coffees and the players couldn't stomach it.

:(

You're better than that mate :p

Do you think Rangers have grounds to sue?

Usually! :))

Don't know - I never got a chance to read the article before he took it down. Do wonder if our lawyers have been in touch though.

[edit] It actually seems to be there again now, although I don't know if anything has been changed.

That coffee looks like a young BEAR :)) .

I see where you are coming from mate but a good lawyer would argue on the tramps behalf that the Brazilian football teams have given Worlds class performances and that may well be that as Frank Sinatra once stated in his song " They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil "....Case dismissed ! :))
Not comparing this Blogging Maniac to Frank Sinatra surely? B-D

They truly are a different breed that lot...how is it that such a bunch of zoomers can possibly intermingle with us normals at such close quarters in the same city?

The Chamber of Secrets lovers consistently raise their obsession of us and levels of delusion from the sublime to the utterly bloody ridiculous.

A club that hates their enemies more than they like themselves...it’s brilliant!

Would love it if we came out and announced ‘official coffee partners’ as a sponsorship in the next few days!

Please, please, please make this happen Rangers!

Would love it if we came out and announced ‘official coffee partners’ as a sponsorship in the next few days!

Please, please, please make this happen Rangers!
I've heard that when Edmiston house is replaced by a new building the naming rights are up for grabs by sponsors.

I've got it on good authority it's to be called 'Maxwell House'.

We dont need caffeine to beat them. They've been embarrassed repeatedly in Europe, pissed away points in the SPL, turfed out at home in the League Cup.

We could beat them with Ovaltine doping.

Back