We have the finest collections of songs and don’t need the Billy Boys.

Shamrock hand and crown

The blue flag, follow, follow, there’s not a team, every other Saturday the list is endless.
Let’s sing Songs about the Rangers along with the Sash and Derry’s walls and we will not have a problem.
It’s time to say good by to fathers advice, build my gallows, daddies uniform, men behind the wire.
and if some think that’s wrong then it’s time they stopped going to watch us.

Agree with your sentiments completely mate. But....we both know that a fair percentage simply cannot sing our standards without add ons.

Agree OP

May I add it’s not TBB we’ve been charged with , its Super Rangers I’ve just been told . So that’s another one that needs banned .

The blue flag, follow, follow, there’s not a team, every other Saturday the list is endless.
Let’s sing Songs about the Rangers along with the Sash and Derry’s walls and we will not have a problem.
It’s time to say good by to fathers advice, build my gallows, daddies uniform, men behind the wire.

why?

As far as my understanding goes its just The Billy Boys and Super Rangers need to go.

Agree OP

May I add it’s not TBB we’ve been charged with , its Super Rangers I’ve just been told . So that’s another one that needs banned .
Basically any song that contains the word 19th Century Terrorist.off the top of my head that’s three songs.tbb,super rangers and for ever and ever.obviously ftp at the end of the sash but I can’t remember the last time I heard that sung on a euro night.
Its not complicated or difficult just drop three songs

Why have you a uvf badge on a rangers forum

Anything containing 19th Century Terrorist Bastards is off limits, like it or lump it.
People are getting hung up on the word 19th Century Terrorist - which is a descriptor of a type of person but the aggravation here is bastard and it's both words together that causes the problem.

Remember years ago someone came up with a cracking version

Hello hello we are the billy boys
Hello hello you’ll know us by our noise
We sing the dash and Derry’s walls
Surrender or you’ll die
That version was on a rangers LP I had in the 80’s
The song was called Brigton Derry boys.not a single mention of a 19th Century Terrorist in the whole song.

why?

As far as my understanding goes its just The Billy Boys and Super Rangers need to go.

If these songs can be cut out at Windsor Park then there is no reason why the same can't be done at Ibrox for the good of the club.

Scottish regiments have a proud history within the British army why not sing about them. Songs about the 36th have their place and Ibrox isn't one.

Reactions: WBD
I posted on another thread but just as relevant on this one -

For me the club should tonight send out a message with a list of songs that are banned forever home or away -

No pope of rome
Super Rangers ( some cant be trusted )
Billy boys ( same )
IRA
Bobby Sands
Anything 19th Century Terrorist
50 p flute
Anything paramilitary at all
Any stupid addons

Outright ban no fucking about . These people continually dragging us through the gutter and leaving us open to attack are Fcking killing us

A hard line is needed and not before time

We have an opportunity here , maybe a last one before it really kicks us square in the nuts

Sing Rangers songs , blue flag , followfollow , Rangers easy ok , BSOI , Gerrards army , Rangers over here , Copland road , famous Glasgow Rangers , four lads had a dream

Ditch the shite .

Sash, Blue Flag, Born under a Union Flag, Derry’s Walls all ok. Maybe ditch the trashier ones with the F word.
Just call them Beasts instead. It’s accurate and they’ll cringe at the truth..

I did not go to court to defend build my Gallows

Just to fling it away cause you said it online
Bolt ya rocket

Here we go again with you. Username & avatar yet these are your views?

Build my gallows ill use. What is wrong with that and what will anyone do about it?

Build my gallows ill use. What is wrong with that and what will anyone do about it?
This is our problem. This guy can separate Rangers and his 'political' life if that's what it can be defined as. He is prepared to go to Ibrox or away and sing about Rangers only. Good on him I say.

BMG you will use? Are you from Ulster, did you fight the IRA? And when was anyone hanged for fighting the IRA :D The song although a great tune is a flucking joke. I am a loyal Rangers fan is a but more appropriate

Need to know what was offensive last night - guidelines please ?

Seems UEFA delagate was Gerry O'Hagen from Kilmarnock ? Has he never been asked assess Celtic game ?

I just like equal treatment

What songs are needed to be omitted please ?

Need to know what was offensive last night - guidelines please ?

Seems UEFA delagate was Gerry O'Hagen from Kilmarnock ? Has he never been asked assess Celtic game ?

I just like equal treatment

What songs are needed to be omitted please ?
That's not true

Here’s why mate, this is only the start . From today the sfa and the media smell blood and they will be going after us big time.
This is going to get ramped up to the point that they will be talking about point deductions.
Speirs, Leckie, the. BBC will all be pushing this agenda.
Do you therefore want to keep singing songs that could cost us the league ?

Agree OP

Always felt "Super Rangers" was a shite song. First off "no one likes us, we don't care" are literally the most childish lyrics ever, and not something to be proud of. We're loved by supporters across the globe and respected worldwide by those without the preconceived biases of Scottish football. Secondly, for a club whose mottos include "we welcome the chase" the lyrics "and we'll chase them [celtic] everywhere" are embarrassing. We're chasing nothing.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Back