We have to drown out TBB with boos

Unbelievable!!!
Why not change couple of words that offend the little delicate flowers?
No ban the song!
In fact just ban all songs for rangers supporters.
Pandering to the catholic’s that’s what they want!
I’ve not got a problem with changing words but banning every song that mentions pope,19th Century Terrorist and wat ever else offends them which is everything .its not alright way me!
Ooohhh whataboutery!!
Well sorry but it can’t be all one way!!! Level playing field for all.
Quick question. What has Catholic, Pope and 19th Century Terrorist got to do with the football at Ibrox when the whistle blows at the start of our game? Simply the best (no add ons), blue sea of Ibrox, four lads had a dream, every other Saturday, Wolverhampton Town, follow follow (no add ons) now they are designed to get our team going!

Not as long as their are enough morons around that only care for singing songs irrelevant to Rangers and damn the consequences.

If we don't tell the morons what songs they can't sing, what hope do they have of knowing? You might say "only sing Rangers songs" but this thread is only about one non-Rangers song. Where is the actual line? You don't know, I don't know, and you'll find 100 different opinions on this forum but nobody actually knows. That will kill us.

You say this but the whole stadium will be singing it on the 1st September.

The amount of hypocrites on here today is astounding.
You are right but if we don’t take today as the turning point then hell mend us. We are fucked if we let it continue.

Does it mention the pope, 19th Century Terrorist?

No, it mentions joining the YCV with a rifle or pistol in hand. And it doesn't mention Rangers or football. For some on here, that = banned. And what does it mean to UEFA who are the rule makers?

TBB, NPOR, Super Rangers and the 50p Flute need to go. It's as simple as that.

If it was as simple as that (I truly wish it was) then nobody on here would be saying "only Rangers songs". But plenty are saying that.

So if it's simple, why is poster A saying Build My Gallows is out but poster B (in this case you) don't include it in your 'banned list'?

No, it mentions joining the YCV with a rifle or pistol in hand. And it doesn't mention Rangers or football. For some on here, that = banned. And what does it mean to UEFA who are the rule makers?

There’s no wording that’s incorrect.
Much the same argument will be made of their IRA songs. If it doesn’t directly reference 19th Century Terrorists etc then there’s no infringement

If it was as simple as that (I truly wish it was) then nobody on here would be saying "only Rangers songs". But plenty are saying that.

So if it's simple, why is poster A saying Build My Gallows is out but poster B (in this case you) don't include it in your 'banned list'?
I don't know mate. Check the 4 lads post on twitter. These are the songs that are getting us in trouble.

There’s no wording that’s incorrect.
Much the same argument will be made of their IRA songs. If it doesn’t directly reference 19th Century Terrorists etc then there’s no infringement

We can take your word for that? UEFA aren't going to cite us for singing that song 100%? What about the Bobby Sands bit?

That's fine, but about 80% of the songs sung regularly at Ibrox are not 'Rangers songs' by that definition. You reckon there's a hope in hell of stopping them all?
Maybe, maybe not. Admittedly, more probably not, but if you look at Northern Ireland and the GAWA, there are no sectarian songs sung by them nowadays - identity can be expressed in other ways such as GSTQ, and by Union and Ulster flags. A conscious decision was made to stop it, and there was no never-ending circular debate about what the word 19th Century Terrorist historically means, there was just common sense. As a result, there is now a fantastic atmosphere at NI games, home and away, and a contributing factor has to be that Everybody joins in, because Nobody feels ambivalent about the songs.

Time and place now, I'd never boo billy boys but keep it to buses boozers only. If powers that be had their way we wouldn't go Belfast on 12th

We can take your word for that? UEFA aren't going to cite us for singing that song 100%? What about the Bobby Sands bit?
Don’t mention him. Simple.

And since I’m not a club or uefa official then no you can’t take my word for it. It’s a forum for opinion, that’s mine

FFS. Dont have to cut out the whole song. Hand wringers in our support are un real. Box clever, yes. Idiots that film themselves are the first in line

FFS. Dont have to cut out the whole song. Hand wringers in our support are un real. Box clever, yes. Idiots that film themselves are the first in line
Jeez. We've literally just had part of our stadium closed and have been threatened with expulsion from European football. Do you understand how important European revenue is to the club? To attract players to Ibrox? Waffling on about 'handwringers' (surely the most misunderstood word on FF) isn't going to change anything. When is it going to sink in?

Quick question. What has Catholic, Pope and 19th Century Terrorist got to do with the football at Ibrox when the whistle blows at the start of our game? Simply the best (no add ons), blue sea of Ibrox, four lads had a dream, every other Saturday, Wolverhampton Town, follow follow (no add ons) now they are designed to get our team going!
That’s what I’m saying leave out the bad words and change accordingly if need be instead of which some people are suggesting wiping out our historical passionate songs all together that’s wat I’m against.

We allowed ourselves to be rodgered over a barrel when UEFA first "banned" it in 2006. Banning a tune?! Absolute nonsense. The Club and supporters groups took it all over the chin then instead of changing one word or arguing that the word meant f all.

Too late now. We've lost. If you want to sing it go to pubs and RSCs that allow it.

All this because 55 is on the way. They'll do anything to ruin it. This is just the start and we'll continue to take it all like a stray dog.

My problem with these things is we're never told/shown by UEFA/the board what exactly we are guilty of so we get the PC brigade falling over themselves trying to tell everyone which song was sung and why we can't sing this or that etc.

We have been done for sectarian singing in the past for singing Build My Gallows by FARE ffs.

If it's TBB, than fair enough. It's not sectarian but the heroes in this country have deemed it so so UEFA bend over and accept this. But we're not told it's what was sung.

Instead the support gets labelled as racist for something sung against our fierce rivals from Gibraltar and we're none the wiser.

Lack of information is the problem here.

Never thought i would say this i grew loving this song it was our anthem. But Rangers comes first and its not acceptable to sing this ever again. If some drunk wee neds start singing this on Thursday we as a support need to show we dont accept it and boo. Sing Rangers songs loud and proud bit not this crap anymore. Rangers first always.
good luck with that.. just better hope your not sitting next to me next sunday ..

Don’t mention him. Simple.

And since I’m not a club or uefa official then no you can’t take my word for it. It’s a forum for opinion, that’s mine

That's my concern mate. For as long as we rely on each other's opinions with no official list, this will not end well.

If we don't tell the morons what songs they can't sing, what hope do they have of knowing? You might say "only sing Rangers songs" but this thread is only about one non-Rangers song. Where is the actual line? You don't know, I don't know, and you'll find 100 different opinions on this forum but nobody actually knows. That will kill us.

I agree. Without a concise list of what is and isn’t acceptable then people would have to resort to common sense.

That's my concern mate. For as long as we rely on each other's opinions with no official list, this will not end well.

Who compiles such a list though? UEFA won’t because then any club deemed to breach their rules will ask for the same as a defence. So it’s then down to the club to make a list, run it over with UEFA, make sure there is evidence of doing so as well as I don’t trust the sly bastards ofUEFA, then send out to all fans. Anyone breaching it is given a ban of sorts.

I agree. Without a concise list of what is and isn’t acceptable then people would have to resort to common sense.

I sense you're being sardonic. So tell me, how much do you trust the common sense of someone who is 17/18 years old, full of Buckie, and doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself? And what about a few hundred of them?

Who compiles such a list though? UEFA won’t because then any club deemed to breach their rules will ask for the same as a defence. So it’s then down to the club to make a list, run it over with UEFA, make sure there is evidence of doing so as well as I don’t trust the sly bastards ofUEFA, then send out to all fans. Anyone breaching it is given a ban of sorts.

Yes, it's incumbent on the club to do it. If they don't then we are walking blind into a real disaster. For now, all we really have is a 'nudge nudge, wink wink' "you know the songs we shouldn't sing".

I sense you're being sardonic. So tell me, how much do you trust the common sense of someone who is 17/18 years old, full of Buckie, and doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself? And what about a few hundred of them?

You can’t. They’ll continue to sing what they want, consequences be damned. Any list will be pointless as everybody already knows which songs are unacceptable and have done for years. Arguing about the merits of other songs is a waste of time, a section of our support won’t be told by anyone what they can and can’t sing.

You can’t. They’ll continue to sing what they want, consequences be damned. Any list will be pointless as everybody already knows which songs are unacceptable and have done for years. Arguing about the merits of other songs is a waste of time, a section of our support won’t be told by anyone what they can and can’t sing.

I disagree. If the club say "do not sing TBB or Super Rangers" then I think the home support will respond. If they say "do not sing a song that is not about Rangers" then I think the home support will respond (albeit Ibrox will fall mainly silent). If they say nothing, we have no idea what will be sung and what UEFA will go after.

TBB must stay, fantastic anthem that gets the ground rocking. If the Club got together with Club 1872 and other fan groups, changed a few lyrics and handed out leaflets, released statements along with word of mouth and a bit of self policing, it absolutely can be done!
Sensible post.

We were there before this board and will be there after them. Remember that.

Probably watching games with stands closed and no European football . If it wasnt for the board we might not be watching any games. I would take the boards request with a lot more respect than some half wit who thinks it's his or her Devine right to sing what they want because they always have done. Be careful what you wish for

TBB, in all its forms, is banned by UEFA as far as we are concerned.
It has been since we were sanctioned for it in 2006 for singing v Villarreal.

It really won’t. You honestly trying to tell me the sfa will come after us? They’d have to go after Celtic and Aberdeen as well never going to happen imo.

Mate. There’s not a shred of doubt it will be open season on us until we stop. The narrative is set. Big Bad Rangers. The jolly craicsters will be untouchable

Regarding TBB. Change couple of words directed from club. The majority would sing the new verse and drown out those who dont. Its not rocket science but the support must have direction from club. Its ok saying dont sing it but there will be those who do therefore we need an alternative.
But you can’t just drop a word. All it would take is mentally challengedFARE or SHITEINMYMOUTH to say they heard 19th Century Terrorist, Declan in the editing Control room at SKY BBC wherever to record the song and play it back to UFENIAN SND THE the club are FKED. Job done. mentally challengeds have the greatest chant in world football consigned to the dustbin if history.

Key word being Europe I don’t think I’ve seen one single poster say that they will sing songs deemed to be offensive during a European tie. We all know it can’t Happen.
It can’t happen domestically unless they change the rules. They would have to bring in strict liability like the have in UEFA competition.

But in order to do that the clubs themselves have to vote it in, there’s no appetite for it right now.

The only other option is the government change the law, which wouldn’t happen overnight.

However there’s also no doubt that these songs need binned full stop, it’s the only way forward.

It can’t happen domestically unless they change the rules. They would have to bring in strict liability like the have in UEFA competition.

But in order to do that the clubs themselves have to vote it in, there’s no appetite for it right now.

The only other option is the government change the law, which wouldn’t happen overnight.

However there’s also no doubt that these songs need binned full stop, it’s the only way forward.

Songs deemed to be offensive where binned years ago when the billy boys was first banned. I for one was proud that our fans binned it to start with. However the constant I ran away songs from the filth not to mention the Ibrox disaster song from the sheep where not challenged by anyone. Slowly but surely banned songs made a comeback. I firmly believe that if other clubs fans stop there songs we’d stop as well. Problem is that it’s open season for other fans to sing what they want. We are the only club to get pulled up for it. If it where to be a level playing field I think you’d see change.

The way I look at it is -

IF I never hear TBB again, if I hear TBB with ammended words, if I never hear BMGH - Bobby Sands, FTP, etc.- or anything similar ever again at Ibrox or whatever away games we play -
Will it in any way compromise my matchday experience, my knowledge, appreciation & pride in our history or identity ????
The answerfor me is - will it chookie !!

We're more than a club - NOT because we sing proddy songs but because we're the world's most successful club & our fan base is a world-wide broad church

What exactly would we be giving up by not singing TBB ? Not very much imo

Recently our very existence was in doubt - we fought through that against some of the most corrupt individuals in modern Britain

Did we do all that to throw almost 150 years of glorious history away - for the sake of a couple of lines in a song lyric ?????

I phu(kin' hope not

You say this but the whole stadium will be singing it on the 1st September.

The amount of hypocrites on here today is astounding.

Please could you list the hypocrites you speak of? Since you are so sure there are people on here who are 100% going to sing sectarian songs next week...

Songs deemed to be offensive where binned years ago when the billy boys was first banned. I for one was proud that our fans binned it to start with. However the constant I ran away songs from the filth not to mention the Ibrox disaster song from the sheep where not challenged by anyone. Slowly but surely banned songs made a comeback. I firmly believe that if other clubs fans stop there songs we’d stop as well. Problem is that it’s open season for other fans to sing what they want. We are the only club to get pulled up for it. If it where to be a level playing field I think you’d see change.

We’re being pulled up in Europe by FARE. Will they do likewise with the Yahoos? Probably not, but then what content of their repertoire is actually deemed to be racist / sectarian?

I genuinely don’t know as I’m not particularly clued up on their songbook.

Sure there’s lots of guff about the IRA and historical battles, just as we have from the opposite side, but what are the specifics that would / should see them hammered in similar fashion?

The word ‘hun’ doesn’t have parity with ‘19th Century Terrorist’ in the eyes of the sectarian police for example.

There would need to be a debate about Timbo’s use of the word really meaning protestants when currently I think the authorities believe it to mean Rangers fans.

The same is not true of 19th Century Terrorist as it currently stands. As we often use it, it’s a term to denote catholics rather than just Celtic supporters.

Rightly or wrongly that’s the difference at the moment and I don’t think the club has built up enough clout at a political level to challenge that yet.

That’s something that probably needs to happen, but I’m not sure Dave King & co. really have the stomach for that sort of fight - they just want to run a Scottish football club without all the sectarian baggage.

I can understand that.

We used to just sssshhh when the 'bad' words came. Am I the only one who remembers this happening before, it also kicked up the We are not Sectarian chants. This isn't new from FARE or UEFA, what can be new is us changing and demanding parity. Clean our act up then get these bastards complaint line on speed dial, every song, chant, dissent, banner, invasion, object throwing under there jurisdiction is fair game. We have a great opportunity to show them up for what we all know they are, for that alone I back the closure and the clubs stance. What an opportunity we could have to fight them! If they think Man City fans don't like UEFA they haven't seen anything yet

We’re being pulled up in Europe by FARE. Will they do likewise with the Yahoos? Probably not, but then what content of their repertoire is actually deemed to be racist / sectarian?

I genuinely don’t know as I’m not particularly clued up on their songbook.

Sure there’s lots of guff about the IRA and historical battles, just as we have from the opposite side, but what are the specifics that would / should see them hammered in similar fashion?

The word ‘hun’ doesn’t have parity with ‘19th Century Terrorist’ in the eyes of the sectarian police for example.

There would need to be a debate about Timbo’s use of the word really meaning protestants when currently I think the authorities believe it to mean Rangers fans.

The same is not true of 19th Century Terrorist as it currently stands. As we often use it, it’s a term to denote catholics rather than just Celtic supporters.

Rightly or wrongly that’s the difference at the moment and I don’t think the club has built up enough clout at a political level to challenge that yet.

That’s something that probably needs to happen, but I’m not sure Dave King & co. really have the stomach for that sort of fight - they just want to run a Scottish football club without all the sectarian baggage.

I can understand that.

I understand and agree with most of your post -

I'm not knowledgeable about their songs either - but if I understand correctly & in answer to the line 'timbo's use of the words ...really meaning protestant's' - don't they sing - 'soon there will be no more protestants' ? Don't they also sing about 'bayonets slashing orange sashes - to the echo of Thompson guns'? DOB is every bit as sectarian as 19th Century Terrorist imo

I'm not in anyway offended by anything they sing - it would be a bit like giving credence to something that has no importance - but I can struggle with the imbalanced way authorities and media alike deal with this broad issue -

Back