We have to drown out TBB with boos

The fans can sing another song just as loud that's about Rangers. One that doesn't belong in the doldrums. It wasn't TBB Batty was impressed by, it was the noise and more than one song can generate that
Jimmy , now you're just talking pish. We have songs which we sing loudly, but nothing compares to TBB for noise or passion.

Jimmy , now you're just talking pish. We have songs which we sing loudly, but nothing compares to TBB for noise or passion.
You are correct about that. However it’s now got to be dead in the water, with no coming back, if it doesn’t the club will suffer big time. That’s the reality of it.

TBB, NPOR, Super Rangers and the 50p Flute need to go. It's as simple as that.

For those that go on about conspiracies etc I wonder how many of those songs would be allowed in any other league in Europe? Imagine singing the flute song if we played down south? We would get crucified in the media and heavily penalised from the authorities. There would be no agenda down south either.

FFS. Dont have to cut out the whole song. Hand wringers in our support are un real. Box clever, yes. Idiots that film themselves are the first in line

Unbelievable. Absolutely incredible you can come to that conclusion.

Hand wringers on here predicted that this would all happen one day. This is only the beginning but the hand wringers in my eyes anyway are the ones that care about the club the most.

Seriously? It’s an awful song. The most rousing anthems are things like cant Del Barca, which is about Barcelona, Glory Glory, which is about Man United. Or Stern Des Südens which is about Bayern. Even YNWA is something people stand up and take notice of. Nobody takes notice of TBB. And if half of them knew what it was about they’d laugh at us. How can it be a club anthem if it’s not even about Rangers. Jesus.
Away with you. A cup final against the filth with sections H and J in full voice. Nothing gave me the goosebumps more.

For those that go on about conspiracies etc I wonder how many of those songs would be allowed in any other league in Europe? Imagine singing the flute song if we played down south? We would get crucified in the media and heavily penalised from the authorities. There would be no agenda down south either.
I’m sure if someone had a decent foundation in Slavic languages they’d find numerous examples of songs which would make TBB seem like a nursery rhyme. The FTP stuff needs binned ASAP but again how harmful actually is it in the grand scheme of things? There are far worse crimes but we’re past the point of arguing this and it’s more embarrassing than offensive for me at least.

It’s maybe not the best example given how racist and homophobic the russkies are as a society in general but any games I’ve taken my wife to here in Russia she’s been almost embarrassed to translate for me what some of them are singing.

The Latin nations also have plenty previous on making fun of the legitimacy of players and referees alike and racism is rife throughout the Med.

In the fallout from yesterday’s announcement I’m sure I read a post on here saying that their Polish Legia supporting pal was pissing themselves at us being pulled up for something as inconsequential and throwaway as TBB/Super Rangers when Poles sing worse regularly

Last edited:
Perhaps, but it's harming the club now.
Yep I understand that BB, but it is one word that was classed as offensive and sectarian. A tweak is required and theres nothing UEFA can do about it. We know it pumps us up as well as the team. Its intimidating in the way it is sung.

Yep I understand that BB, but it is one word that was classed as offensive and sectarian. A tweak is required and theres nothing UEFA can do about it. We know it pumps us up as well as the team. Its intimidating in the way it is sung.
TBB is finished mate, it’s done. A travesty of ‘justice’ and makes no sense to normal people but it’s outwith our control now

There’s no way we could convince UEFA and their lickspittles that the offending word has been changed and the likelihood is we couldn’t trust ourselves not to sing it. The only way is to go cold turkey and eliminate any possibility of scandal and sanction.

This goes for domestically as well as the haters are licking their lips to go in for the kill

Last edited:
I know we are to ignore the other mob from the East... but chances are

1. Celtc fans will sing The Billy Boys in defiance and mockery

2. Celtc fans will have a banner next week, if not this week, with the word 19th Century Terrorist on it - in mockery again or support of themselves

Report them to FARE! Let's see just how FAIR they are. I think I know the answer.:confused:

W.A.T.P.

Exactly! The fans absolutely would sing a new word instead of '19th Century Terrorist' if it was publicised well enough.

Those still singing the old word would be in the minority.

The time for this campaign to start is now.

The song is banned in all and any forms. The time for this was back before we were on the verge of expulsion, the time for trying to get away with changing words has been and gone, that ship has well and truly sailed.

Personally, I’m terrified some of our fans are going to absolutely ruin us in the coming games.

The song is banned in all and any forms. The time for this was back before we were on the verge of expulsion, the time for trying to get away with changing words has been and gone, that ship has well and truly sailed.

Personally, I’m terrified some of our fans are going to absolutely ruin us in the coming games.

The song is not banned in any and all forms

Reactions: Des
I am all in favour of picking battles but we can't win it's their bloody rules and competition.
Unless we break away and give them the finger what can we do but stop singing the songs period or we are done gone no more European nights.

I cannot see why anybody would want to sing this song, at a Rangers game, anymore.
Full in the knowledge that it is almost definitely going to harm the club.

Unbelievable. Absolutely incredible you can come to that conclusion.

Hand wringers on here predicted that this would all happen one day. This is only the beginning but the hand wringers in my eyes anyway are the ones that care about the club the most.
Incredible? Sing the billy boys without the add ons and ur fine. That’s my point.

Spare me the care about the club most pish.

Incredible? Sing the billy boys without the add ons and ur fine. That’s my point.

UEFA banned it in all guises. It wasnt just the word 19th Century Terrorist either. Tell you what try and give it laldy next Thursday. What add ons are you talking about with the BB?

We cant even use the term 'billy boys' as that was deemed sectarian by UEFA due to them being a sectarian razor gang. What would you sing instead of billy out of curiosity?

All guises? I’m afraid I don’t agree with that. So if ur singing/saying billy boys u are getting done with sectarian singing? Highly unlikely.

Who says this?
It’s not as I understand it, or as most posters seem to interpret the ruling.

Last edited:
Sing the songs in your house, your local but ffs cut it out at all games as you're only harming our club.
The time as come to wise the fu.ck up.

It is for us.
Hearts can sing about Gorgie boys, Kilmarnock about Killie boys and Spurs about Tottenham boys but we cannot sing about Billy or Rangers boys.

Absolute pish, if you believe that a song can be banned, no matter the word content, and only for Rangers supporters, then you're not very bright.

All guises? I’m afraid I don’t agree with that. So if ur singing/saying billy boys u are getting done with sectarian singing? Highly unlikely.
It doesn't matter if you don't agree with it. It's reality. Rangers have made it clear that if you want to sing this song then you're no longer welcome at Ibrox. The message is crystal clear. Do you care more about singing this song than the well-being club?

Absolute pish, if you believe that a song can be banned, no matter the word content, and only for Rangers supporters, then you're not very bright.

You seem hell bent on getting the club into bother looking at your posts the last 24 hours .

Why is that ?

Never thought i would say this i grew loving this song it was our anthem. But Rangers comes first and its not acceptable to sing this ever again. If some drunk wee neds start singing this on Thursday we as a support need to show we dont accept it and boo. Sing Rangers songs loud and proud bit not this crap anymore. Rangers first always.

Absolutely no chance.

Back