We miss Windass

giphy.gif

And on that note I'm off to bed, enough FF for me tonight!

It's literally the worst post of the night :)) It won't be topped.

Missed a guy who was beyond sh*t scared to play at Ibrox, against one of the so called better teams.

But I'll indulge the OP for a moment. When Windass was here last season the whole team was built around him by Murty. Gerrard would have not continued to have the team built around him. Secondaly, the fact that Gerrard has him sussed early doors meant he wasn't going to last here, thirdly he's done barely anything since leaving, fourth, we weren't playing a bottom 6 team away from home today.

As pish as he was for the most part of every game. He carried a goal threat and could find the back of the net more than anyone bar Morelos in our entire squad.
I said exactly that after the game mate.

Windass could be a lazy player at times however I do.think he offered something different from midfield than we have just now

But unfortunately he told our fans to shhh after scoring against Ayr United and we got so offended and chased him out our club

(But we all loved Jason Cummings, because he was gallous as %^*&, forget about him.not been good enough)

Ill go against the grain here and say the op is right, in a way, l we did sell windassand fail to replace him. You could argue kent is an upgrade on him but we still miss his goals, not that windass would have turned up tonight most likely but he did offer another threat to goal rather than just alfie. Now teams only need to mark one man when playing us

Every single time we lose we get a thread about that arsehole.

When it comes to cowardice, he was up there with the best, and he couldn’t break down a packed defence if his spice boy life depended on it.
And im sure you would say that to his face

It's literally the worst post of the night :)) It won't be topped.

Missed a guy who was beyond sh*t scared to play at Ibrox, against one of the so called better teams.

But I'll indulge the OP for a moment. When Windass was here last season the whole team was built around him by Murty. Gerrard would have not continued to have the team built around him. Secondaly, the fact that Gerrard has him sussed early doors meant he wasn't going to last here, thirdly he's done barely anything since leaving, fourth, we weren't playing a bottom 6 team away from home today.

Too bad he didn't suss out half of the shite he's signed this season.

We absolutely miss what he brought to the side. I’ve no idea why certain posters get so personal with JW but if you can’t see the gaping chasm he left behind, you should watch rugby or some shit.

Trading him for Arfield hasn’t worked at all.

We do need a goal threat from central midfield. OP is spot on about that.

Windass, for a plethora of reasons, isn't the man though.

Because that makes sense, you want Gerrard to go into the future and see how the players turn out before signing them?

I'd like us to have done a bit of due diligence on signings. The amount of has beens and players ill-suited to our game brought in suggests it wasn't.

Going behind to that Aberdeen side in the 3rd minute in a big, high pressure game at Ibrox in poor conditions - oh aye the perfect game for Josh. He would have revelled in that and really caused Aberdeen problems

I'd like us to have done a bit of due diligence on signings. The amount of has beens and players ill-suited to our game brought in suggests it wasn't.

You have to assume they have done that. The pressure playing for us is intense and due to circumstances almost unprecedented, it's practically impossible to tell how players are going to react 8 months down the line.

Hes never the answer to the moments we find ourselves in, chasing a game or having to dig results out. His stats look impressive for sure but Windass the “man” didnt have the heart or intelligence for the fight and fucked off at first chance to an easier life without pressure.

People can’t see it for their hatred of the man.
But Windass the player added something to the team, goal threat from behind a striker and runs into the box.

We 100% miss Windass.

Add nothing in workrate to defend. Doesn't work in the formation we play. Also miss his ability to hide for 80mins when things get tough or after he's done something good. Where is he now?

Back