We miss Windass

Do you miss his goals?
I certainly do.

What position would he be in to score these goals in the current team and formation? Would he be working hardly help defensively like Kent or Candieas? Is he better the Morelos? Would he work as hard as Arfield?

What position would he be in to score these goals in the current team and formation? Would he be working hardly help defensively like Kent or Candieas? Is he better the Morelos? Would he work as hard as Arfield?

Arfield works hard without a doubt. What do we get for it though? 4 goals or something?
Play him as the 10 behind Morelos which is often where Arfield finds himself on the pitch anyway

And Windass defensive work in that roll? Especially when the going gets tough? Think Gerrard might have worked him out? Maybe a reason he's at Wigan whereas guys like Tavernier are being talked about as targets for Premiership Club?

People can’t see it for their hatred of the man.
But Windass the player added something to the team, goal threat from behind a striker and runs into the box.

We 100% miss Windass.
Like the Glasgow wag commented when Bernie Winters joined his struggling brother on stage, “ffs, there's two of them”.

And Windass defensive work in that roll? Especially when the going gets tough? Think Gerrard might have worked him out? Maybe a reason he's at Wigan whereas guys like Tavernier are being talked about as targets for Premiership Club?

Aye but there’s threads after every game telling us how shite Tav is apparently mate

Aye but there’s threads after every game telling us how shite Tav is apparently mate

Messi could play for us and get slated after a loss. Did we want to keep Tav? Did we want to keep Windass? Who's going to make the club more profit? Who's had the longer career at Ibrox? Is Windass even starting for Wigan?

I'm not saying that I was a huge fan of his or that he was a player to build a team around. But we don't have anyone in our team that can contribute the goals that he did last season. Surely you can see that not putting inferior teams to the sword this season has been our downfall this season.

I’ve no idea what that even means:p
Apparently, Mike and Bernie Winters were doing a show in Glasgow.
The first brother was on stage doing a solo piece but was struggling to placate a tough to please Glasgow audience.
The second brother went on stage to support the first hapless chap when somebody in the audience shouted out “ffs (aw, naw?) there’s two of them.
Does this help?

We miss windass’ goals. There is a subtle difference.

Kent or Arfield are clearly not the players to get 10 goals a season.

Look at where celtic’s Key strength has been this year and you will see why we are not closer to winning a trophy.

FFs OP there's more than the wind howlin' tonight.

Josh Shitebag Windass!!!! Aye he's defo the type we missed in that team tonight.

Bed time for me after that. I knew I shouldn't have looked in here after watching the delayed game.

I would agree that we haven't replaced Windass' goals (albeit some were against lower league opposition), however games like tonight are the exact games he'd go hiding in.

Understand what you mean op.
We replaced Windass and his 18 goals with Grezda and his 18minutes of play since August.
Wigan don’t seem to fancy him, think we could bring him back up here for £50k again?

Agree with op we moved windass on and never replaced his goals end of story am not saying windass was the answer but grezda Kent Davis Defoe are not the answer either the sooner Jamie Murphy is back the better starting with next year and in my eyes he starts ahead of Kent every game we have a winger in Kent who simple does not score enough goals and candeias is the same

This won't be popular because it's Josh Windass. He had 18 goals and 8 assists last season.

We replaced him with an injured player in Grezda who has contributed near enough hee haw.
No we didn’t. We replaced an injured Jamie Murphy with Grezda. Who has admittedly contributed near enough hee haw.

Windass is getting pelters just now from Wigan fans for squandering too many chances and being rubbish.

Most see him as a waste of £2m

Take out 18 goals from a midfield player and compare to our current full midfield total

The op is correct
2 against Dundee, 2 against Partick, 3 against Hamilton, 3 against Fraserburgh and 2 against Ayr included in those. He wouldn’t have been a differentiating factor in this season.

As pish as he was for the most part of every game. He carried a goal threat and could find the back of the net more than anyone bar Morelos in our entire squad.
Windass, you’re having a laugh.
A spineless, gutless, weak individual, who had a certain ability far lower than the standard expected at our Club.
No thanks.

Wow ,our levels of expectation have lowered so much

We miss windass...a genuinely scary assessment of what’s needed

Windass, you’re having a laugh.
A spineless, gutless, weak individual, who had a certain ability far lower than the standard expected at our Club.
No thanks.
I didn't really mean that we shouldn't of punted him. More that we are lacking a player that can chip in with a decent amount of goals. The Tim's have goals decent returns from the likes of Christie, Forrest and Sinclair. We have morelos and very little else.

I’d repost the break down of Windass’s goals that I posted last time. But those who genuinely believe we’re missing him will do what they did last time, .i.e gloss over it because it sort of disapproves the idea that he was some sort of crucial goal machine for us.

The facts are that Gerrard told Windass that the club had accepted an offer for him, so he had a choice to make - whether to stay or go. Windass chose to go and talk to Wigan.

That probably confirmed what Gerrard really thought about Windass - that he isn't Rangers class.

Windass who is currently warming the bench for a poor championship side in a relegation battle.

Apt username

mrmagoo-image.jpg

I must have missed the countless games of when the going got tough josh got going.

Shooshing his own fans after scoring against partick thistle was where it ended for me with that t*t.

Back