We miss Windass

His attitude sucked when he was here, and he's proven nothing since leaving.

Any time we have a horrendous results Windass name pops up. It's definitely a nostalgia filter as whilst he was here there threads berating his poor defence ethic and moaning when he wasn't getting his own way, which was most of the time.

The idea of missing Windass is revisionist nonsense.

Come on op get yourself sober. We don't miss Windass, the heart of a mouse and posted missing most of the time, just like some of those last night, simply not good enough

Lol .... Windass was hopeless when teams like Aberdeen defended deep. Very short memory.

I only came into this thread to say “ no we don’t “ .

We got £2 million pounds for the guy .

One of the best deals in our history .

The end .

Not sure we miss him specifically but we bertainly haven’t replaced his goals/assists

We have missed the threat of AN other who can score which is what Windass represented.

Our front 3 afford defenses with decent sets an easy day at the office.

Candieas does absolutely f*ck all to move a set defense, when he has to move in off the wing or play with his back to goal, on the half turn or with a defender pressurizing him he is redundant.

Morelos can be focused on by 2 CB'S and then the FB's just let us move into wide channels where we are hit and miss

very few want goals in the way Windass does or make runs that change the pictures for defenders

Some have become obsessed and focus on work rate and covering full backs from certain players in out front 3 - no goals, the fucken goals bit please

Last edited:
This won't be popular because it's Josh Windass. He had 18 goals and 8 assists last season.

We replaced him with an injured player in Grezda who has contributed near enough hee haw.

It's a pointless argument because Windass didn't want to stay and play as a winger, he wanted to be our MAIN striker, which is something Gerrard said he couldn't guarantee him so he left.

People pining for the return of Windass or McKay need to get their heads out their arses.

We need A LOT better quality than those 2.

It's a pointless argument because Windass didn't want to stay and play as a winger, he wanted to be our MAIN striker, which is something Gerrard said he couldn't guarantee him so he left.

People pining for the return of Windass or McKay need to get their heads out their arses.

We need A LOT better quality than those 2.

We never brought in A LOT better quality though.

We brought in a bunch of players who get a free pass because they run about a bit but lack any consistent quality in the final third. Some of them absolutely adored by our fanbase this season on very little quality.

We have one player capable of doing anything decisive in an attacking sense on anywhere near a regular enough basis.

We need A LOT better quality than everyone not named Morelos.

At the end of the day we sold the only goal scoring midfielder we had in our squad and never replaced him. I was not Windass' biggest fan but he was the only attacking mid that could play through the middle.

I would also add Declan John to that list. For me he wasn't Rangers quality due to his defensive frailties but I would be playing him ahead of Barisic and Halliday at the moment.

Finally Kenny McLean should have been signed in summer. An attacking midfielder that plays through the middle, knows the league, was a freebie and a Rangers fan to bonus it.

We never brought in A LOT better quality though.

We brought in a bunch of players who get a free pass because they run about a bit but lack any consistent quality in the final third. Some of them absolutely adored by our fanbase this season on very little quality.

We have one player capable of doing anything decisive in an attacking sense on anywhere near a regular enough basis.

We need A LOT better quality than everyone not named Morelos.

Agree with pretty much everything you said but why keep Windass when he wanted to leave?

He was hardly indispensable to us.

It was his choice to leave.

This won't be popular because it's Josh Windass. He had 18 goals and 8 assists last season.

We replaced him with an injured player in Grezda who has contributed near enough hee haw.
And this season he has scored 5 in 35 for Wigan.

The fact remains, he chose to go. I remember reading an article, how much truth was in it I don’t know but at the beginning of the season he and tav were told by Gerrard he wants them to stay and use them as main players in his building of the team.

What has come straight from the horses mouth in that interview with si ferry is we accepted an offer, he had a choice to make and he made his choice.

He’d rather warm Wigan’s bench than play for us

The initial temptation is to laugh when remembering the spineless disappearing act he did in most matches, but actually he’s precisely the type of player we lack.

Part of our problem is that the two wide guys in our front three are wingers when I think we could do with one of them being an old fashioned inside right, which was more the type of player Windass was / is.

That’s what we need next season, IMO.

I’d go as far as saying me have missed windass AND ejaria , both drifted in and out of games and were lightweight but could split a defence far better than arfield who is a good player btw just not creative enough for a no10

At the end of the day we sold the only goal scoring midfielder we had in our squad and never replaced him. I was not Windass' biggest fan but he was the only attacking mid that could play through the middle.

I would also add Declan John to that list. For me he wasn't Rangers quality due to his defensive frailties but I would be playing him ahead of Barisic and Halliday at the moment.

Finally Kenny McLean should have been signed in summer. An attacking midfielder that plays through the middle, knows the league, was a freebie and a Rangers fan to bonus it.
I was waiting for you to add “Pena was discarded prematurely”

His passing range? I must be remembering a different Sean Goss, I remember a guy selling the jersey in the 3-2 tim game and being bang average for the rest.
You are seriously missing the point here, Goss had many flaws and couldn't defend for his life, he was never the answer to our midfield but what we need is a player with his range of passing who can defend. I really don't get what is difficult to understand about this point.

You are seriously missing the point here, Goss had many flaws and couldn't defend for his life, he was never the answer to our midfield but what we need is a player with his range of passing who can defend. I really don't get what is difficult to understand about this point.

I can't remember his good passing range, a couple of long passes is not a good passing range, that's something every football should be able to do.

He looked good in the first couple of games then went completely into his shell for the remainer of his time.

What is a second striker
A player who plays behind the main striker but doesn't really get involved in the midfield areas as much as an attacking midfielder instead a second striker hovers around the main striker constantly think Bergkamp at Arsenal

How's McLean got on at Norwich?

Its not Josh Windass we need.

It's a young Steven Naismith.
NxsdPRi.jpg

I'd have Windass up there with O'Halloran in the waster stakes.

He'll never be missed.

%^*& off, he was a shitebag
Last season he scored 5 goals in the league against Celtic Aberdeen,Hearts and Hibs.Those are our big games.
Not wanting him back but you can argue Candeias plays in a similar position and I would put my house on him not scoring that many in those games

A player who plays behind the main striker but doesn't really get involved in the midfield areas as much as an attacking midfielder instead a second striker hovers around the main striker constantly think Bergkamp at Arsenal

Denis was a striker mate.

There is no such thing as a second striker unless u play football manager

Aye ok we had enough cowards in the team tonight without adding that prick

This is not a personal dig at you but why not look at the overall argument as opposed to the individual here.

Coward or not, Windass contributed a barrowload of goals to the side last year.

This season we're constantly being told, wee Ryan is a superstar, Jack just has to play in midfield and is it a coincidence we fc_uk up when Arfield is out injured.

So in total, remind me how many goals they have contributed to the cause, individually and combined?

To sum up, Windass the coward, offered us more of a goal threat in an atrocious season than this current trio combined so far.

On the evidence thus far it's hard to see these stats changing dramatically as the end of the season flop shop peters out.

Oops, there I go with that realism thang again.

We absolutely miss what he brought to the side. I’ve no idea why certain posters get so personal with JW but if you can’t see the gaping chasm he left behind, you should watch rugby or some shit.

Trading him for Arfield hasn’t worked at all.

We never traded him for Arfield though. We sold him because he was going to raise a few million meanwhile we had a more effective player in Murphy who was keeping him out of the first 11. Windass on the bench or a decent fee in the bank led to an obvious outcome.

I suspect, had we known Murphy was gonna get crocked playing on Velcro 10 days later, Windass would have been kept on.

Grezda was the panic buy to replace both and that has clearly not worked out as he has never been fully fit or simply not up to it.

We don't need Josh Windass..we need someone who is capable of scoring goals and assisting who also works hard and isn't a shitebag.

We miss his goals that's for sure! We got rid of him and he was never replaced losing 18 goals from any area of the park and not replacing it will hurt so in a sense we do miss him.

He was a bit of an idiot savant was Windass, but his attitude was awful- maybe the worst I’ve ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

I’m glad to be shot of him, and would hate to see him return.

For all he contributed in goals, he held them team back in other ways.

Back