We miss Windass

All these threads on who’s p!sh, who we miss, who we need, how the manager has lost it etc etc must be a delight for the trolls of other clubs logging in.
We all have a right laugh at the huddleboard stuff that gets screenshot onto this forum after they’ve had a bad result so just imagine what’s going on with these types of threads on ours .

We absolutely definitely miss a central goalscoring threat. Windass was not the answer has he blew to hot and cold (more cold). However an attacking central player is where its going wrong. Gerrard persists with the 433 which in reality has only one goalscoring threat (Morelos) that can be easily picked up by two centre halfs.

When we are chasing a game, or against weak opposition we should play a 4-2-3-1 formation with just two holding midfielders (One of Jack, Kamara, Arfield, McCrorie) not all three at the same time! We need a central attacking player behind the striker and between Kent and Candeias. That would transform it for me and is the type of player we have lost in the squad since letting Windass go. I am sure SG thought it would be Ojaria, but Gerrard has understimated the physicality in Scotland (Barasic, Ojaria, Katic, Grezda) and needs a physically tougher man in that role. I'd be amazed if he didn't bring in that type of player in the summer.

As pish as he was for the most part of every game. He carried a goal threat and could find the back of the net more than anyone bar Morelos in our entire squad.
We really don't miss Windass.

Step away from the keyboard.

I SAID "STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD, MOFO".

Last edited:
As pish as he was for the most part of every game. He carried a goal threat and could find the back of the net more than anyone bar Morelos in our entire squad.
Either you are Dean Windass or you enjoy a good wind up. How could we possibly miss a guy who was an empty shirt in most of his appearances

We never traded him for Arfield though. We sold him because he was going to raise a few million meanwhile we had a more effective player in Murphy who was keeping him out of the first 11. Windass on the bench or a decent fee in the bank led to an obvious outcome.

I suspect, had we known Murphy was gonna get crocked playing on Velcro 10 days later, Windass would have been kept on.

Grezda was the panic buy to replace both and that has clearly not worked out as he has never been fully fit or simply not up to it.

As far as I remember it, Windass jumped at the chance to leave.

I seem to recall Gerrard trying to persuade him to stay, but at the same time being unable to guarantee him a start and your man couldn’t wait to get out the door when Wigan came in for him.

I still think £2.5m was a reasonable bit of business. It’s not like he’s been ripping it up down there for them.

As sure as fate he’d still be taking pelters on here had he stayed.

As far as I remember it, Windass jumped at the chance to leave.

I seem to recall Gerrard trying to persuade him to stay, but at the same time being unable to guarantee him a start and your man couldn’t wait to get out the door when Wigan came in for him.

I still think £2.5m was a reasonable bit of business. It’s not like he’s been ripping it up down there for them.

As sure as fate he’d still be taking pelters on here had he stayed.

I think he jumped at the chance knowing he was far from a certain starter. Gerrrd clearly seen the other options at the time (mainly Murphy) and felt Josh was second choice. Having been made aware of that, Windass preferred to go and we, quite rightly, preferred to have the cash in the bank over a player on the fringes.

Had we known that Murphy's season would be over a mere 10 days later, I think things would have been different as Windass would have been assured more game time.

Said on here when he was sold....yes not everyone's cup of tea but could we find the 15 goals he scored last season.....answer is ...no!

We really don't miss Widass.

Step away from the keyboard.

I SAID "STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD, MOFO".

It's not hard here.

You're right we don't need Windass the Windass who played for us.

But we do need a Windass type, who can bag goals because the midfielders we have simply are not up to the job.

I couldn't stand him, thought he was a clown but he offered something something nobody else in our team does and that's a serious threat from the attacking mid position. When he wasn't hiding (usually when played in a highly ineffective position on left wing) he wasn't shy on taking his man on and beating him with pace and could finish. He also had a decent shot, Arfield is badly lacking in this aspect and as much as I like him as a player he needs to do better when he gets into good positions. If we could have Arfield and Windass rolled into one we would have a cracking player though.

I don’t even think Wigan miss Windass, if you mean we miss the goals he scored contact a certain M Allen because rumours have it he is responsible for identifying players that may do the things Josh did only better.

Windass was a dumb as fu@k twat who thought he was quite knowledgable who disappeared in so many games I had to check if he was still playing.
He also has an interfering overindulging, opinionated, loudmouthed father and to whom has justified my statement that he has done fuckall of any significance since he left us.:))

Last edited:
Back