We must be patient with Gerrard.

There’s a hell of a lot of revisionism about the January window going on across FF just now.

The usual mate. But it's the same posters posting the same pish year on year. Earl of Leven, Captain Courageous, Danger Zone etc. etc.

Same attention seeking negative nonsense just for a bit of popularity on a message board. Sad wee men.

You could go back to a thread a week ago and look at how I was accosted for simply saying that he hasn’t progressed us a great deal, or not as much as some claim. It ended with some helmet telling me I’ve got no business supporting Rangers. I think that’s why people are a bit tentative.

Oddly enough I remember the mid week game against Kilmarnock, (Pedro's last?) where there was vitriolic abuse towards anyone , like myself, who said Pedro was the wrong man.
The same abuse is being hurled now, often by the same people, who seem to think that faith, trust and hope will overcome the cold hard reality of what is happening before our eyes.
The same people are going to wake up a in a couple years and in all honesty (and naviety) ask why we failed to stop 10IAR

The usual mate. But it's the same posters posting the same pish year on year. Earl of Leven, Captain Courageous, Danger Zone etc. etc.

Same attention seeking negative nonsense just for a bit of popularity on a message board. Sad wee men.

Go on, what's pish about what's posted?

By the time we lost our 5th league game of the season at the end of November 1986, there would have been utter bedlam on here with folk howling for him to be binned.

Even though the month before he had already won us a major trophy beating the mentally challengeds in the final?

I seriously doubt that.

The attempted comparisons on here between souness and gerrard is a bit tragic.

Like McCoist he has no credentials.

Alex Ferguson got the Aberdeen job because he won the first division and made a decent fist of keeping St Mirren ùp.

He got the Utd job by winning the ECWC and the Scottish leagu.

Our last three managers have had zero credentials for managing Rangers.

Being good looking, charismatic and a right good footballer is not a credential for being a Rangers manager.

We do have a bit of previous for it don’t we?
Greig, Souness, Smith, McCoist, Wallace, even Struth were all relative ‘rookies’ when they took over.

Even though the month before he had already won us a major trophy beating the mentally challengeds in the final?

I seriously doubt that.

The attempted comparisons on here between souness and gerrard is a bit tragic.

Gerrard beat the Yahoos at the end of December yet after losing at Rugby Park three weeks later there were folk calling him out on here.

You bet your ass they’d have been screaming for Souness to go, especially after the money he’d spent.

I dont understand this logic that all will be fine next season because Gerrard will learn. Hasn't won a match in the league against Kilmarnock or Hibs but one day in July he will wake up an suddenly have all the answers. Not holding my breath.

The banshees as you call them are mostly people who never go to Ibrox they are always the first to mouth off for some reason and most real fans understand that Gerard needs time as you say we have beaten the scum that lifted us and Gérard knows he will never pick a team that suits every one, today we were terrible in the first half but he made changes and nobody can say we didn't dominate the second half apart from our marauding full who can give the ball away sometimes but he has improved us no doubt in my mind and patience with him by all real fans will pay off.
I’d agree with that, quite a lot of the time it’s people you haven’t seen before although we have at least one resident nutter.

I dont understand this logic that all will be fine next season because Gerrard will learn. Hasn't won a match in the league against Kilmarnock or Hibs but one day in July he will wake up an suddenly have all the answers. Not holding my breath.

He hasn't learned all season. Sat in the press conference on Friday, told us how Kilmarnock would set up, their game plan, yet used the same set up that's failed more often than not agaisnt teams like that all season.

Then has a go at the lack of end product in the final third, a lack of ruthlessness yet Defoe remains on the bench and we turn to a player who has been out injured for months and done nothing in a Rangers jersey.

Oddly enough I remember the mid week game against Kilmarnock, (Pedro's last?) where there was vitriolic abuse towards anyone , like myself, who said Pedro was the wrong man.

Are you sure? At that point we were sitting 4th in the League, out of the League Cup to Motherwell and had been embarrassed in Luxembourg. That's before we even mention the end of the previous season and the humilations.

I don't recall many - if any - saying Pedro was the right man following the draw with bottom-placed Kilmarnock at home.

Why not give him the chance and time ffs Pedro got way more time than he should’ve and fans were still backing him and we were getting embarrassed off Celtic under him then at the end under Murty same can’t be said of Gerrard.

He has made us more competitive in these games that is undeniable we are inconsistent and imo he will fix that.

I think he needs another season. So far, its been evident that against the real Diddy teams in the league we are too good not to win. Against the likes of Aberdeen and Kilmarnock we have struggled because their managers have worked out how we play and set teams up to combat that. He will learn a lot from this season and I expect more progress next year. I do think, however, that he needs a more experienced man beside him than Gary McAllister. Listening to Archie Knox on RTV yesterday I was surprised to hear that he left Manchester Utd for us when they were on the eve of a Champions League final. He. might be old school but Archie clearly knows his stuff. There's a few in our dressing room who would benefit from a few well chosen words from the likes of Archie Knox.

It's easy saying that we need to give him time and that the answer isn't sacking another manager - but the elephant in the room is that we should be appointing managers in the first place who won't give us reason later on for us to even question sacking them.

Are you sure? At that point we were sitting 4th in the League, out of the League Cup to Motherwell and had been embarrassed in Luxembourg. That's before we even mention the end of the previous season and the humilations.

I don't recall many - if any - saying Pedro was the right man following the draw with bottom-placed Kilmarnock at home.

it was one of Pedro's last games at Ibrox, a mid week game can't remember the opposition ( and not going to google it !)

it was one of Pedro's last games at Ibrox, a mid week game can't remember the opposition ( and not going to google it !)

His last game was against Kilmarnock, who were bottom of the League. That’s not what I’m querying.

I’m surprised that there would have been anyone defending Pedro by that point.

I say give the man some time, we aren't as far away as some folk would have you think. Let's get behind him and hopefully he delivers the quality players he promised

He hasn't learned all season. Sat in the press conference on Friday, told us how Kilmarnock would set up, their game plan, yet used the same set up that's failed more often than not agaisnt teams like that all season.

Then has a go at the lack of end product in the final third, a lack of ruthlessness yet Defoe remains on the bench and we turn to a player who has been out injured for months and done nothing in a Rangers jersey.
All valid points mate.

Why not give him the chance and time ffs Pedro got way more time than he should’ve and fans were still backing him and we were getting embarrassed off Celtic under him then at the end under Murty same can’t be said of Gerrard.

He has made us more competitive in these games that is undeniable we are inconsistent and imo he will fix that.
Your entitled to your opinion. But just out of curiosity what makes you believe he will fix that. Beating them is great but there is more to it than that. No use beating them If you can't beat Kilmarnock. And being better than Pedro an lets face it its marginal Is hardly a great achievement. An see before you mention Europe. I actually think the decent European results show were getting worse. Which isn't a good thing is it.

Tell you what he’s in for a long last 8 games he’s going to feel heat like he’s never felt before.

I bet he wishes yesterday was our last game.

He’s taken so many mentally weak players in here even I saw it coming.

The likes of Arfield have played in a pressure free environment all their lives we need guys with mental strength first and foremost.

Il say it again look at Walters signings for details.

Back