We must exercise caution Bears

"Doom Mongers"?
No has said we are going to fail however as yet we haven't actually won the bloody thing and I'm pretty sure Steven Gerrard and the players won't be making assumptions that it's all over.

Sounding caution over premature victory is wise. I can never forget Newcastle Utd collapse when 12 points clear at the end of January 1996 to let Fergie's Man Utd take the title and after the last 10 years and recent seasons false dawns lets just haud back a wee bit until we're finally over the line which I'm 95% certain we will be at this stage.
Feel like I've got to call this 'false dawns' argument out too. When over the last 2 seasons were we 21 points clear in the middle of January? When in the previous 2 seasons did we beat them home and away first 2 rounds of those seasons? When in the last 2 years have we taken 9 from 9 against Aberdeen, 2 of the 3 wins away, and 6 from 6 from Killie? In which of those seasons did we have a deeper squad of talented players capable of winning despite key players being out injured than we have now? When have we last conceded just 6 league goals by mid January? When in those last 2 seasons did we stamp on their throats when they dropped points and presented us a chance to generate a lead or pile pressure on them?

Those are just a few off the top of my head improvements and differences in us compared to then. Then you look across the city and we could write a book on reasons why they won't win it this season even if we were to start dropping some points. They can't keep clean sheets, they could put all 3 keepers in goals and still be vulnerable at set pieces. The fear factor has completely gone from them. They have no team unity, have very poor leadership and management and their fans want blood. They have to sell to buy. They haven't strung 5 league wins in a row together yet as far as I know. They are as close to St Mirren in 8th as they are to us. They will continue to drop points here and there, even if we do. It's done, the irony is more of their fans have accepted it than ours have.

Maximum points against Motherwell, Ross Co and Hibs and then my confidence levels will severely go up. Win all 3 and it will have a massive physiological factor in scums players minds
That will leave us 7 games before the split with 4 of those at home leaves us in a very good position.
Still think we need a massive favour from Livingston on Saturday.

Why do we need a "massive" favour from Livingston on Saturday? What's so vital about Celtic not getting 3 points.

Obviously i hope they lose, but can't see why its vital they don't win.

The part I’ve highlighted . You do realise it’s been 15 months since ANY team beat them in the league outside of ourselves ? It’s interesting to me that older , experienced bears on this thread are urging caution and have cited examples of us losing the title from being seemingly uncatchable. There’s a balance to be had between being delighted at where we are but also realising until that trophy is in the bag , anything can happen .
Yes, but they have drawn tonnes in that time, hence the gap.

Plus they have to beat us twice, the chances of that happening are slim the way both are playing.

I just think bears need to enjoy this more, complete implosions like this do not happen often at all. Enjoy it.

Celtic are an absolute fucking shambles, we are the epitome of professionalism and consistency, will I %^*& be exercising caution after a decade of having dirt kicked in our face, I'm loving every minute of it and suggest others do the same instead of dreaming up worst case scenarios.

Rangers teams in this sort of groove don't come along often, don't let it pass you by being a big fearty.
I get that people have mental scarring because of what’s happened to us.

this is a perfect storm though, we’re relentless and barely lose a goal never mind a game, the mentally challengeds are an absolute mess.

of all the title run ins if you can’t enjoy this one you’ll never enjoy anything.

a message to the OP drink it in

07/08 was down to nothing more than corruption.

With a fair governing body and rivals that weren’t willing to use the death of an ex fringe player to their advantage, we’d have won that league with games to spare.

Time to look at this logically. On their present course, Celtic are due to end the season with around 84 pts, which is pretty decent, in fact 2 pts more than they won the title in 2018. Generally, the SPFL title is won with a points tally of around 86 pts. The Rodgers Invicibles year is an outlier, it doesn't happen very often at all.

What this means in effect is that we need 7 wins. Before the split we have 5 home games, all against sides presently ranked 6th and below. Given our home form up until now, it is difficult to see how we don't get 15 pts from those matches. And although we have a couple of tricky venues to go to, we do have Motherwell and Hamilton (6th Feb) away before the split, giving us the 7 wins and 86 points before the split. I wouldn't be at all surprised to think that that will be enough for the title.
No Drama from Zombierama B-) - just logic

It is not over by a long shot.
This coming week might make it more comfortable but potentially 12 points in it with two games against them is still close enough to need full care taken every week.

They are a good team and when at full strength, could rack up a number of wins plus we could get hit with a Covid outbreak ourselves and go on a bad run.

It looks great for us but we are not scoring as freely as we were a few months ago and sneaking some games.

Celtic are an absolute fucking shambles, we are the epitome of professionalism and consistency, will I %^*& be exercising caution after a decade of having dirt kicked in our face, I'm loving every minute of it and suggest others do the same instead of dreaming up worst case scenarios.

Rangers teams in this sort of groove don't come along often, don't let it pass you by being a big fearty.
This.

In some ways I agree with the OP. They manage to win their games in hand, plus the two OF games and the gap is only 6 points. So any slip ups from us give them hope.

We just need to keep our foot down. I said at the end of December that we'd be in a much better position to assess things once we'd got through January and been to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs.

Motherwell have a new manager and are the only team this season that we haven't kept a clean sheet against. Hibs is one of only two grounds that we haven't won at this season.

If we get through these two games (and beat Ross County) it will crush them even more as they'll be expecting us to slip up.

The champagne is on ice for now, but by feck there will be the party to end all parties when we get over the line, covid allowing that is.

Man I fucking hate the OGAAT mob.

It’s done, over, kaput.
That mob are history.

Relax, enjoy and dry your panties out.
Shengus mate I see you post often and to be honest if you check my replies you would agree I am as positive on here as anyone. BUT as good as things are dont celebrate too early, wait until it's done , then set off the fireworks get steamin and rip the pish out of everyone of them...keep your powder dry bud. I am too old and have seen crazy stuff happen in my time and don't trust the authorities. Just another push by SG and our team and we will have it 55. I cant wait.

Get out my head.

In some ways I agree with the OP. They manage to win their games in hand, plus the two OF games and the gap is only 6 points. So any slip ups from us give them hope.

We just need to keep our foot down. I said at the end of December that we'd be in a much better position to assess things once we'd got through January and been to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs.

Motherwell have a new manager and are the only team this season that we haven't kept a clean sheet against. Hibs is one of only two grounds that we haven't won at this season.

If we get through these two games (and beat Ross County) it will crush them even more as they'll be expecting us to slip up.
Your opening paragraph is almost an exact description of last year when they handed that mhob the league

I think we can all enjoy the season watching the 55 dvd with a nice bourbon /malt etc, I get why so many of us are reluctant to embrace it just now.
79 and 08 were hard to take.

Folk are kidding themselves on if they think being so cautious isn’t going to be as much as a disappointment as it is for those who aren’t.

It’s going to be a massive kick in the nuts if we don’t win this. You’d be just as well enjoying every fucking minute of it.
Aye, the gang of scaredy cats sucking every ounce of joy out of the present situation, and out of every thread on this forum.

I do not fear this team will win not win title 55 on merit. What i do fear is our enemies will use any means possible to wreck our prize of being champions, a wounded animal can still bite you.

So long as the team stay focused and do not get carried away thinking it's won already then what difference does it make what the fans say or do?

What is the worst that can happen if you allow yourself to get a bit carried away and mouth off a bit about 55 and about how bad they are?

The worst that can happen is that you look a bit foolish and some mentally challenged no mark takes the piss.

Newsflash - we mess it up and they're not going to care who was cautious and who was mouthing off they are going to rip the piss whether you were over confident or not.

Not to sound arrogant but the ONLY way Rangers are not winning the title this season is a void league and that won't happen. The yahoos are an utter shambles at the minute and will drop more points at the weekend plus it's only a matter of time before Lennon is sacked and John Kennedy put in charge.

No team in world football has lost the league while being so far ahead at this stage of the season If by some miracle we did not win the league on purely on Football terms then we honestly don't deserve to win the league ever again.

I'd take a bet on Elvis being found alive and well in Kirkcaldy before Rangers not winning the league right now.

I did happen to read over 2007/08 results last night as I remember the collapse but was t sure if the extent. We duffed up royally in the last 9 games.

Definitely cause for caution, however, confident in this team to keep consistency.
It win’t matter a jot what we do in the last 9 games this season because it will already be in the bag before then, I’m positive of it.

I am totally confident we are winning this league and the last month or so has seen us get maximum points when I thought dropping a few would still see us in a good place.
If it was reversed this place would be in mourning and scratching each other’s eyes out. So firstly, I don’t have any doubt, and I am enjoying it.
I am also not going to celebrate anything until the moment it actually happens, because that is how it should be.

mass collapses from us and them going on a 100% run are more than unlikely, they sound unhinged, both ways. So, let’s look forward to the games, enjoy the cushion to hopefully ease the nerves, and wait for the moment to come when we can let go of the last decade.

it just seems to me too many aren’t letting themselves enjoy this season.
The mentally challengeds always treat a goal difference lead on the opening day of the season as season done.
Too many bears would treat a 20 point lead with 21 points to play for as a 50/50 shot at it.

I struggle to understand how these folk get through day to day life.

The OP appears the type of person who would want us to keep our powder dry when 30 points clear and 8 games left as a Covid breach could see us docked points.

I agree with you I’m just pointing out how daft it is to say “ they won’t go on an unbeaten run “ . Unless against us , they don’t lose league games and haven’t done for over 15 months . A fact that seems to escape so many people .

This is in our hands if we can win our next 3 games we will be nearly there .
But you know unbeaten is not the same as winning every game?

They can go unbeaten the rest of the season but they don’t be winning all of those games, as Monday showed.

A draw is as bad as a defeat to them.
Death by a thousand cuts to prolong their suffering will do me just fine.

The mentally challengeds always treat a goal difference lead on the opening day of the season as season done.
Too many bears would treat a 20 point lead with 21 points to play for as a 50/50 shot at it.

I struggle to understand how these folk get through day to day life.

The OP appears the type of person who would want us to keep our powder dry when 30 points clear and 8 games left as a Covid breach could see us docked points.
On recollection based on your point there was plenty of hysteria around our inferior GD (at the time) in the opening games of the season! Football is for enjoying and if you can't enjoy this then you're doing it all wrong, IF the world ends and we miraculously do collapse then we've been through worse

it just seems to me too many aren’t letting themselves enjoy this season.

While I generally believe the above is true about FF overall, I really don't like the "league is over" stuff.

We are having an amazing season.
Outstanding performances, amazing goals and the best Rangers team in a decade.

The highlights for me haven't even been in the SPL.
All 9 of our European performances have been brilliant and I am on the brink of confidently saying we are better than Advocaats teams.

I am fully enjoying this season with the only downside being that we can't go and see them in the stadium.

All this "it's over" crap is annoying though.
It is not over.
We still have a long way to go.

Enjoy the journey. No need to insist we are already there.

I just don’t want to think about it. It’s been a long time. If we win the next 3 games, I think that will be us secure.

I've got to say I'm a OGAAT sh*tbag.

I'm not going to tell anyone to calm down, glad some Bears are enjoying it, but I'm personally keeping my mouth zipped until it's in the bag incase I jinx it. :))
100% with you.

I've always been a very numerical person, and tend to always think of all the possible outcomes different results would create.

Now the chances of them going unbeaten, us losing two old firms, us dropping further points and them picking up enough goals to swing the goal difference is incredibly low, but I'm happy to enjoy the win each week and just watch us slowly get there without taking anything for granted.

That said speak to me at the end of January if we win all our games and I might feel different, as that'd leave us needing 8 wins from 12 games regardless of what that lot does... And a very winnable run of games for us to the split.

People have been posting these threads every day for 2 months its just bizarre.... its finished theres no way they are getting anywhere near Rangers, not this season. If anything Rangers will play more relaxed and get back to putting 5 or 6 past the smaller sides as weather improves.... chances are they continue dropping points to these teams as theres no confidence in their side all the sides in the league will fancy playing Celtic while their players will be short of motivation and belief.

I wouldnt be surprised if they dont even get 2nd their manager was delighted with the performance at Ibrox. The ref ignored a Rangers penalty, a clear 2nd red, let that wee guy away with countless fouls, Browns usual behaviour ignored when he came on, they couldnt manage a goal, gifted us one and had a man sent of for a rugby tackle... in a match they simply had to win they were happy about not being on the end of another football lesson. Celtic are as much of a threat to Rangers on the park as Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell.

They might well be working hard in the background to have football stopped and im sure there will be more rules broken by Celtic as they have nothing to lose but thats a different argument..... there wont be any title challenge from the filth though they have gone.

Even the refs cant help them out of this one. What are the bookies saying id guess its something like if you put 100 quid on Rangers we will give an extra 50p in a few months time when Rangers are champions.

I doubt anyone is being over confident just enjoying the moment of us racking up win after win and that mhob going from one calamity to another
If the situations were reversed that mhob would already be having street parties

Stay humble guys and I must say it's great to get back to talking about our beloved Rangers. How many threads on their Dubai fiasco do we need,lol. Let them stew and get back to talking about Rangers.

Realistically we can afford to lose 4 games out of 15 given our goal difference unless the mentally challengeds start hammering teams which looks unlikely. Given our form this season I do not see us losing roughly 30% of our remaining games. OP is right that it is not over until it is mathematically over however I think we can be fairly confident that 55 is in the bag unless we see a collapse never before seen in the game.

And those stats I mention are presuming they win every game which is VERY unlikely.

The horizon is in sight bears B-D

I would ignore goal difference, if we lose 4 games and they win 7 to bring it level then the goal difference will reverse.

However I can’t see us losing 4 and Celtic won’t win all of their games.

Will feel a lot more at ease if we can get January out the way with our lead still intact.
Beating them twice and them drawing a few is where the 12 point gap came from.
It only takes one defeat and a run of draws to decimate our advantage......leads can vanish quickly.

We are in a great place but in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter i've seen us capitulate (twice in particular) when our lead looked to be unassailable.
Hoping the pressure that is now on them sees them go straight into a nosedive.

Just read up on the Newcastle 95/96 season, I never realised how bad their collapse was. No danger are we losing five and drawing 3 as they did from this point.

Agree with the OP however if these rumours are true and there are more players down with COVID the damage this would do them playing wise and confidence would be unsurmountable.

Covid could be the danger but if it came to a vote by clubs to call the League their arrogance regarding Dubai has many clubs and fans pissed off with them.

But rumours are just rumours our key is keep winning, the next game mantra.

Back