We must exercise caution Bears

noucamp72

Our lead is already 2 points further ahead let alone intact in January!! Come on mate let's enjoy this. We might win against Motherwell, we might get beat, we might as well enjoy it. It's what football and Rangers are about surely?
Don't get the wrong impression here mate i'm in full on gloat mode right now.
I'm absolutely loving watching them fall apart and hope that continues.
It's just the reality of being so close and what it will mean to us all after what we've came through.

Arkanoid

Don't get the wrong impression here mate i'm in full on gloat mode right now.
I'm absolutely loving watching them fall apart and hope that continues.
It's just the reality of being so close and what it will mean to us all after what we've came through.
I get you, there is definitely a feel of waiting for Christmas Day in September but Christmas is coming, oh boy is it coming

Krissie

Celtic are an absolute fucking shambles, we are the epitome of professionalism and consistency, will I %^*& be exercising caution after a decade of having dirt kicked in our face, I'm loving every minute of it and suggest others do the same instead of dreaming up worst case scenarios.

Rangers teams in this sort of groove don't come along often, don't let it pass you by being a big fearty.
Dave King foresaw the swing, hence his 'house of cards' comment. Remember, that came from nowhere and, as far I'm aware, he never expanded on it. Just let it play out.

alba73

granted the way they are playing you wouldn’t bet on it but say they win their games in hand that’s us 12 clear, we were 10 behind last season with less games to go but we still believed they’re was a chance after we just lost at home to Hamilton

BlueFlagHigh

Win the remaining games in January and its over.
This is one Dubai trip thats worked in our favour.
I’d even take 7 points from 9 our next three games . We can’t win them all . 7 points from motherwell, county and hibs sees us going into February with a minimum lead of 10 points and some favourable home games .

NorthSection

Can't help but feel this analysis is so harsh on our squad from back then. Being forced to play so many games in such a small window meant that we were completely dead on our feet, and the tarriers got every single decision going during that run in, notably in the 3-2 loss at Parkhead. We were cheated out of that title, no more no less.
On reflection, “duffed up royally” was a poor choice of words. It is what someone might say looking at the results in isolation, but not understanding the wider context of that season.

The Meik's Crombie

Well it is one game at a time for me. Too many disappointments over the years to start celebrating early although we are in a great position. I am enjoying the shambles Celtic have been for months and looking forward to more. As @carlosapicella alluded to previously, once everything is mathematically impossible for us to lose the league, the celebrations will start big time whilst also raising a glass to absent friends and family.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
Man I fucking hate the OGAAT mob.

It’s done, over, kaput.
That mob are history.

Relax, enjoy and dry your panties out.

I fucking hate the people who equate “OGAAT” with “not enjoying things”

Im enjoying things just fine. But it is only January and it’s absurd under any circumstance to declare ourselves champions in January.

We have a couple of tough games in the remainder of the month. I’m at a loss as to why people aren’t just focused on them rather than listing off scenarios where we can lose x games, draw x games.

Those scenarios aren’t going to be applicable if we keep doing what we are doing which is staying grounded and...taking it one game at a time.

YOGI_GER

Im enjoying things just fine. But it is only January and it’s absurd under any circumstance to declare ourselves champions in January.

We have a couple of tough games in the remainder of the month. I’m at a loss as to why people aren’t just focused on them rather than listing off scenarios where we can lose x games, draw x games.

Those scenarios aren’t going to be applicable if we keep doing what we are doing which is staying grounded and...taking it one game at a time.

Actually think it's mental behavior.

Shengus Malengus

Bannerman

RedWhiteBlue

The league is not won

But. The points are in the bag and Celtic resemble the Tony Mowbray season more with each passing day.

23 games of Mowbray season.

Just for the record we dropped 12 points between 30th of January and the end of the season that time around.

We won the league by 6 points in the end but we actually clinched it with 3 games to spare.
(5 of our 12 dropped points came after the league was won).

The Edu match actually put us 10 points clear with a game in hand. So 13 points effectively.
That was matchday 26.

TheHound1872

While I understand people being cautious due to their scar tissue of recent seasons. What is the point in being a football fan and watching football if you can’t enjoy yourself and have some fun when you’re out in front?

There is no point in brushing off all these emotions and only allowing yourself to be excited when the league is mathematically over.

Trust the process and enjoy the process altogether. The Rangers are back.

jprfc

I'm old enough to remember all the examples mentioned by previous posters, 78--79, Hearts 86, Helicopter Sunday, 2008 but I'm confident we're gonna lift 55...no chance of this tarrier team winning all there remaining games imo.

1288Bear

Exercise caution?

What we need to exercise is our vocal chords in preparation for that glorious moment when we can once again triumphantly belt out -

Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.
Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Or do we need a new song for our newest team of Championees.

Always liked the 70's those were the days my friend version.

We are the Champions. We are the Champions,
We are the Champ we are the Champions.
We are the Champions. We are the Champions.
We are the Champ we are the Champions.

Big D

We should be focusing on going through the league undefeated.

Off the field we have been presented with the perfect opportunity to highlight the corruption within the Scottish game and clear out the puppets.

Moreover, Celtic should be penalised to such an extent over Dubai and Duffy that they face a fight for second place.
Agree with this. Just focus on keeping the unbeaten run going. Bin all talk of titles, Celt*c, or looking over our shoulders. That'll all take care of itself. Never look down as they say. Don't want a dizzy turn at this stage!

senefelder

Two of the examples cited of us combusting involved serious fixture congestion. Season 1978/79 saw us requiring THREE games to see off Hibs in the SC Final, and of course 2007/08 should need little re examination. If there is going to be any pile up possibly through covid, it's going to affect their already congested list more than us. I normally fall into the over cautious category, however it is very difficult to see us losing 4 games, draw 6, or any combination of the 2.

gersandproud

Great as it looks right this minute - it's still far from over
Am I pleased, happy, even a wee bit smug ? Of course I am-
I've got some bragging rights over the mhanky mob - something that's been in short supply in far too long a time - but the real gloating can only come after the trophies are back on our shelf where they belong

Would I be regally pissed off if we fouled up now ? Of course I would - it really should be ours to loose

But having suffered before now with mishaps & slips - when things looked done & dusted - I'm not getting ahead of myself

One of my worst disappontments came as a 13 year old in 1967 - when we failed to lift the ECWC
I was completely convinced that trophy was ours -

But it did teach me at an early age - better to be cautious / realistic till it's confirmed & well & truly in the bag

Blackadder

Just to put it into context, they basically need to go on a better run than we are currently on right now to even get to 6 points behind and hoping for us to lose against other teams.

My heart is urging caution, my head is screaming that it’s over.
It´s the other way around for me!

Britannia89

Plenty of time to enjoy it when its mathematically over. I don't grudge anyone celebrating early, it just won't be me. Too many false dawns for me personally.

The party of all partys is on the horizon, though.

Big Joke New

It’s not over until it’s over.

In my lifetime we arguably threw away 1966, 1968, 1979, 1998 and 2008, although chicanery and fixture-fiddling played a role in 3 of these.

Hearts chucked away 1959 and 1986.

Celtic blew 2005 and were awarded an incomplete title last year by a rule-change.

Aye ok - you missed out Devon Loch who threw away the 1956 Grand National. The difference is we are further ahead than Devon Loch was, and tell me in how many of the examples quoted above did any team have a 21pt lead?? Even adjusted for 2 pts for a win

1288Bear

Plenty of time to enjoy it when its mathematically over. I don't grudge anyone celebrating early, it just won't be me. Too many false dawns for me personally.

The party of all partys is on the horizon, though.
Don't think anyone is celebrating as such just a little bit more relaxed about our future prospects.

Confident to the extent of smugness and comfortable that even if we do slip up, which we will, the title will ultimately be ours.

As such much more relaxed about the situation, enjoying our victories week by week, laughing at their ongoing problems and patiently waiting on the mother of all parties to get underway :)

dt17

A mate of mine.....
I did happen to read over 2007/08 results last night as I remember the collapse but was t sure if the extent. We duffed up royally in the last 9 games.

Definitely cause for caution, however, confident in this team to keep consistency.

We played about 8 games in 20 days. That won't happen this season.

We were completely screwed over by a cheating Celtic (game cancelled when Phil O'Donnell died, but not when Tommy Burns did...convenient since they had some key injuries with Phil).

Then the SFA forcing us to play so many games in quick succession, basically giving us no chance for the UEFA Cup. I remember that cup final we played and we were dead on our feet.

This season is different because Celtic are dreadful. They are a basket case and going from one calamity to the next. Someone said the other day that Lennon's best ever run of results with Celtic is 12 wins on the bounce - they'd need to basically win every game from now until the end of the season to win the league and that's not going to happen.

Luca Stroppi

The one game at a time mantra from the Manager and the players ensures there’s no loss of focus and we get the job done without too much drama but as fans I can see it both ways, the way we’re going about it and the position we’re in it’s hard to see us being caught but stranger things have happened and simple arithmetic tells us nothing is won yet.

I have felt for a wee while that January was going to be a big month for both clubs...they need us to drop points whilst capitalising fully on any slip ups but as things stand they lost more ground, see off the spoon burners and the yellow brick wall it will be time to get the champagne in for the party...if the filth lose any more points this month it will be difficult to resist opening the bottle even with a dozen games left to play.

psykal

I get what you're saying OP but people have different ways of looking at it. To me, the league has been in the bag for a while. If I end up being wrong then so be it, but I'm not going to kid myself on just because I'm emotionally invested in Rangers.

I do think it's a different story when it comes to the players. Having the right mentality is crucial and I suppose you could argue that if the majority of fans act like it's over the team might believe it and become complacent.

But I don't think Gerrard will allow that.

I think it was as recent as the Aberdeen presser where he responded to a question about the season so far with "we haven't had any successes yet". We've also responded brilliantly to every setback so far this season.

So I get not wanting to celebrate early so to speak, but not for me.

derbybear

Having been at the game on the 21st May 1979 and seeing Doyle sent off I will enjoy the moments just now but until fatty starts warbling I won’t me making any claims.