We must exercise caution Bears

The Meik's Crombie

They are entitled to be more cautious yes.

Do they have to suck the life,out of the forum and every thread with their tedious, childish, immature, factually and scientifically false jinx, bad juju nonsense.

Anyone posts a positive thread or a thread laughing at the tims and within 3 replies you've got one of the anti fun nazis demanding the thread is binned.

Its tiresome. If you (the general term) want to be a wet blanket, be a wet blanket. Stop trying to steal joy from everyone else. Not aimed at you. Aimed at the fun nazis.

I mean, you've partially fallen into their trap. Nothing that happens on this forum has any influence on what Gerrard, Tav and co do. And omg, did we really concede to Aberdeen? So what. I was watching that game, never in doubt we would win. Our advantage over the pederasts is enormous and won't be overturned.
I am surprised anyone finds their own joy is diminished by views on FF. It is a forum with a wide spectrum of views and should be taken as such. No need to agree with a specific view on here and no need to let anything on here become tiresome either.

Re my point about Aberdeen, I did not say anything said on FF influences Gerrard or any of the players. The point is when anyone and, in particular, the team think a game or the league is finished before it is, it can be a problem. No more and no less. I did not foresee last season’s collapse after New Year and cannot explain the reasons for it. I suspect I am not alone.

So as I said previously if anyone wants to celebrate winning the league before it is actually won, then go ahead and enjoy. I continue to enjoy the shambles Celtic have been for months, I have and will enjoy every Rangers victory whether it is 5-0 hammering or a scrappy 1-0 and we will all enjoy when we have officially won the league.

Us older guys know that premature celebration is something to be avoided.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I don’t get what difference it makes if we slag them or lap up them being an utter shambles makes to be honest, what would us being ‘cautious’ achieve or otherwise?

The professionalism is up to the players and management and they are delivering in spades, it doesn’t make one iota of a difference what we do.
Exactly, we have had 9 years of it.

No fcking way am I holding back until the league is secured.

Live in the now I say.

1288Bear

Im going to have to say it again arent I?

Celtic have to put a run together between now and the end of the season that is better than the run we are on at the moment, 18 wins in a row, including winning 2 games against us, just to get to a point where they are 6 points behind us and hoping we lose 3 games. Neil Lennon has never been on a run like that in his managerial career

Celtic dont even look likely to beat Livingston once nevermind twice in the next 7 days, and then beating us twice home and away.

We havent lost a single game all season and are one game from the 2/3rd mark.

Its not impossible, but 538.com are probably right in saying we are 97% likely to win the league. Bit of relaxation required from those still worrying their arses off.
So much wisdom and common sense from one so young.

Well said young man - I applaud you.

Tailwind

I am surprised anyone finds their own joy is diminished by views on FF. It is a forum with a wide spectrum of views and should be taken as such. No need to agree with a specific view on here and no need to let anything on here become tiresome either.

Re my point about Aberdeen, I did not say anything said on FF influences Gerrard or any of the players. The point is when anyone and, in particular, the team think a game or the league is finished before it is, it can be a problem. No more and no less. I did not foresee last season’s collapse after New Year and cannot explain the reasons for it. I suspect I am not alone.

So as I said previously if anyone wants to celebrate winning the league before it is actually won, then go ahead and enjoy. I continue to enjoy the shambles Celtic have been for months, I have and will enjoy every Rangers victory whether it is 5-0 hammering or a scrappy 1-0 and we will all enjoy when we have officially won the league.

Us older guys know that premature celebration is something to be avoided.
If these threads prove anything it’s that being older has f.a. to do with basic reasoning skills

Barney Bear

Exercise caution?

What we need to exercise is our vocal chords in preparation for that glorious moment when we can once again triumphantly belt out -

Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.
Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Or do we need a new song for our newest team of Championees.

Always liked the 70's those were the days my friend version.

We are the Champions. We are the Champions,
We are the Champ we are the Champions.
We are the Champions. We are the Champions.
We are the Champ we are the Champions.
70s version my favourite.

yosemite sam

100 % agree with the OP
we have won nothing,the club,players and management must stay focused,no matter what is going on elsewhere,the last thing we need is to become complacent,take our eye of the goal,then players start talking to journalists,who will no doubt twist things around.
stay focused
keep our heads down
speak only when advised to do so,and after our media has sanctioned whats being said
the last thing we need is to give anyone ammunition against us
we stay humble until the job is done

mcbeath1872

Think the difference this year is how professional we are. Gerrard admitted to the Athletic recently he’s still driven on by the nightmares of “the slip” and throwing away that title down south. He ain’t going to let up. We aren’t going to let up. We are the best coached team in the country by miles and I’ve came to the realisation that we are not going to lose the 4 games necessary to blow it.

The fact that the other lot are a complete basket case is a massive help too.
Enjoy it. It’s brilliant.

100 % agree with the OP
we have won nothing,the club,players and management must stay focused,no matter what is going on elsewhere,the last thing we need is to become complacent,take our eye of the goal,then players start talking to journalists,who will no doubt twist things around.
stay focused
keep our heads down

speak only when advised to do so,and after our media has sanctioned whats being said
the last thing we need is to give anyone ammunition against us
we stay humble until the job is done

Definately agree with these views.

Gerrard and his backroom team will keep the players grounded. In my opinion, the group will continue to work hard each day at training and will approach each match in the right way as they come along.

It's pleasing that this is the case, given the struggles (and questionable approaches by past managers) that the club has had to endure over recent years.

Last edited:

Glasgow Rangers (Sco)

Look what happened on Sunday when we took our foot of the gas.....

This squad of players owe it to themselves to see this through to the last game of the season.

Carry this from on and they will go down as one of the great Rangers teams imo

Glasgow Rangers (Sco)

Look what happened on Sunday when we took our foot of the gas.....

This squad of players owe it to themselves to see this through to the last game of the season.

Carry this from on and they will go down as one of the great Rangers teams imo

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Because it's January. Last January we were seemingly imperious and dropped 13 points from nowhere. One game at a time.
Huge difference this time, we are the team winning every week and they are a shambles.

Last season they came back and won 13 in a row piling all the pressure on us.

Thats why some bookies have us at 1/100 on

BigN

We are undoubtedly in the box seat... and many have explained the basic arithmetic that gets us 55. Others point to unexpected collapses in form or miraculous come backs. They describe the unpredictable nature of sport - and why we love it, bet against the odds and continue to watch what appears to be foregone events in the hope the unexpected happens. They are rare but the history of sport tells us you play full out until the final whistle... anything else is folly.

Even this season... very few would have predicted the League Cup would not be ours after they were dumped out by Ross County. Until it is mathematically impossible for them to stop 55 nobody should be taking anything for granted. Nothing to do with bed wetting... its what the history of sport tells us.

Ted Dibiase

After the past 10 years we are all desperate for 55, I am taking it one game at a time and refuse to speak outwith our ranks about us being champions yet. When it's won I'll be going nuts

Topps

I will admit to being a pessimistic shitebag so i wont be celebrating until its properly won. I did think we would win it if we won all our games in december. We did and i bottled that and now think we need to win all in january. The reality for someone like me is i will need it to be mathematically done. Im the kind of guy who would still be nervous of a collapse if winning 3-0 against the taigs with 5 minutes to go.
I must be a joy to watch the football with :))

Tailwind

We are undoubtedly in the box seat... and many have explained the basic arithmetic that gets us 55. Others point to unexpected collapses in form or miraculous come backs. They describe the unpredictable nature of sport - and why we love it, bet against the odds and continue to watch what appears to be foregone events in the hope the unexpected happens. They are rare but the history of sport tells us you play full out until the final whistle... anything else is folly.

Even this season... very few would have predicted the League Cup would not be ours after they were dumped out by Ross County. Until it is mathematically impossible for them to stop 55 nobody should be taking anything for granted. Nothing to do with bed wetting... its what the history of sport tells us.