We must exercise caution Bears

Why do we need a "massive" favour from Livingston on Saturday? What's so vital about Celtic not getting 3 points.

Obv
Because going 14pts or 15pts clear in January is "massive" IMO. When is it never vital Celtic not getting 3points. I want them buried now :) With Europe and a potential Scottish Cup coming up I would prefer the gap to be much much bigger...

But you know unbeaten is not the same as winning every game?

They can go unbeaten the rest of the season but they don’t be winning all of those games, as Monday showed.

A draw is as bad as a defeat to them.
Death by a thousand cuts to prolong their suffering will do me just fine.
It’s me that pointed it out !

The league is won mate, whether some are too scared to admit it or not, that's up to them.
Too many points, not enough games, Rangers good, celtic shite, ect.
I intend to sit back, relax and enjoy every game from now till the end of the season knowing we will be crowned champions.

Will feel a lot more at ease if we can get January out the way with our lead still intact.
Beating them twice and them drawing a few is where the 12 point gap came from.
It only takes one defeat and a run of draws to decimate our advantage......leads can vanish quickly.

We are in a great place but in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter i've seen us capitulate (twice in particular) when our lead looked to be unassailable.
Hoping the pressure that is now on them sees them go straight into a nosedive.

I think the size of the lead will have dented their confidence massively.

The thing about winning runs like the one we are on is that they come from playing with confidence and belief and determination. The tims were already demotivated back when they were getting trounced in Europe and picking up daft draws in the league. I can only imagine it's even worse now.

Their fans might be saying "we can beat Rangers twice" but their players and management team will know what's up. You think they never watched over the Benfica matches thinking "we are f*cked"?

Sure, they came out and had a go at us but we absorbed it and went and got our goal.

I reckon they will drop another 6 points or so from the other 10 teams. A draw and a win for us in the final 2 OF matches. Sees them finishing on 87 points.

Who really knows though.

It's all up to us right now.

They play Livi home and away their next two games the shambles they are do you honestly think they will win both?
Nah me neither!
League is all but done the relief will be massive a huge weight lifted from the club. Only thing that will stop us is a COVID outbreak in the squad and up to now we have dealt very well with it , I doubt that will change.

Will feel a lot more at ease if we can get January out the way with our lead still intact.
It only takes one defeat and a run of draws to decimate our advantage......leads can vanish quickly.

We are in a great place but in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter i've seen us capitulate (twice in particular) when our lead looked to be unassailable.
It's a 21 point gap, not 12, mate.

Man I fucking hate the OGAAT mob.

It’s done, over, kaput.
That mob are history.

Relax, enjoy and dry your panties out.
As much as I like your optimism shengus,the euphoria over them v hibs betting on Monday night was OTT never heard a peep from anybody who were throwing £20,30 50 on a hibs win,I'm not a panty wetter because I do believe we will drop points before now and the end of the season and I'm reasonably sane I can cope , I have this feeling its ours only to %^*& up,but the message from the players and manager is we stay humble,mate I'm 68 I've went to Ibrox when covid FC were winning their 9 in a row,ive seen us win it,I've seen the Ritchie Shearer caldow team Baxter, both wee wuillies(pardon the pun)Gazza laudrup the goalie etc believe me I will be greeting like a wean and toasting my late dad and brother the latter who just missed our come back!but until we cross that line I would put nothing past that RANCID mob ,the spfl and the sfa,who the rest of this country have now seen as corrupt to the core,I shall however look out my diazepam stash and as you say try and relax and enjoy,not wetting panties tho lol

It's not over till it's over but we're getting into the scenarios that have < 1% chance of happening for them to win the league.

Not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

If the players think it's over then we are in trouble, but fans are allowed to get carried away.

I will be celebrating and rejoicing the day we have enough points that nobody can catch us , not before.

Don’t like seeing all this euphoria before we have actually won anything.

Have to say I’m a nervous wreck each game we play :eek:

I'm more nervous the last few weeks than I was at the start of the season. I think it's because we can almost touch it.

How many games do we need to win until it is mathematically certain? My maths is shit.

until then I’m not going to get to vocal with any 19th Century Terrorist bastards I know. I will allow myself a quiet confidence and warm glow.

let’s get Motherwell out the way and move on.

As much as I’ve enjoyed the recent euphoria nothing is in the bag yet.

many bears who lived through the seasons of :
1978-79 - we were heading for a treble & a European Cup at this stage of the season & the mhanky mob only had a run of league games to worry about, their pitch was so bad in the winter they never had any games to play in such conditions.

2007-2008- another treble for us on the horizon and a uefa cup run
Fixture pile up allied to a corrupt sfa hampered us.
It’s done just enjoy it buzzkill

Our lead is already 2 points further ahead let alone intact in January!! Come on mate let's enjoy this. We might win against Motherwell, we might get beat, we might as well enjoy it. It's what football and Rangers are about surely?

Our lead is already 2 points further ahead let alone intact in January!! Come on mate let's enjoy this. We might win against Motherwell, we might get beat, we might as well enjoy it. It's what football and Rangers are about surely?
Don't get the wrong impression here mate i'm in full on gloat mode right now.
I'm absolutely loving watching them fall apart and hope that continues.
It's just the reality of being so close and what it will mean to us all after what we've came through.

Don't get the wrong impression here mate i'm in full on gloat mode right now.
I'm absolutely loving watching them fall apart and hope that continues.
It's just the reality of being so close and what it will mean to us all after what we've came through.
I get you, there is definitely a feel of waiting for Christmas Day in September but Christmas is coming, oh boy is it coming

It’s done, over, kaput.
That mob are history.

I’m with you, there’s no way that mob can win every game and us drop 13 points, and whilst I’m not yet celebrating , I’m continuing to gloat with confidence :cool:

Celtic are an absolute fucking shambles, we are the epitome of professionalism and consistency, will I %^*& be exercising caution after a decade of having dirt kicked in our face, I'm loving every minute of it and suggest others do the same instead of dreaming up worst case scenarios.

Rangers teams in this sort of groove don't come along often, don't let it pass you by being a big fearty.
Dave King foresaw the swing, hence his 'house of cards' comment. Remember, that came from nowhere and, as far I'm aware, he never expanded on it. Just let it play out.

granted the way they are playing you wouldn’t bet on it but say they win their games in hand that’s us 12 clear, we were 10 behind last season with less games to go but we still believed they’re was a chance after we just lost at home to Hamilton

Win the remaining games in January and its over.
This is one Dubai trip thats worked in our favour.
I’d even take 7 points from 9 our next three games . We can’t win them all . 7 points from motherwell, county and hibs sees us going into February with a minimum lead of 10 points and some favourable home games .

Can't help but feel this analysis is so harsh on our squad from back then. Being forced to play so many games in such a small window meant that we were completely dead on our feet, and the mentally challengeds got every single decision going during that run in, notably in the 3-2 loss at Parkhead. We were cheated out of that title, no more no less.
On reflection, “duffed up royally” was a poor choice of words. It is what someone might say looking at the results in isolation, but not understanding the wider context of that season.

Well it is one game at a time for me. Too many disappointments over the years to start celebrating early although we are in a great position. I am enjoying the shambles Celtic have been for months and looking forward to more. As @carlosapicella alluded to previously, once everything is mathematically impossible for us to lose the league, the celebrations will start big time whilst also raising a glass to absent friends and family.

It’s done, over, kaput.
That mob are history.

I fucking hate the people who equate “OGAAT” with “not enjoying things”

Im enjoying things just fine. But it is only January and it’s absurd under any circumstance to declare ourselves champions in January.

We have a couple of tough games in the remainder of the month. I’m at a loss as to why people aren’t just focused on them rather than listing off scenarios where we can lose x games, draw x games.

Those scenarios aren’t going to be applicable if we keep doing what we are doing which is staying grounded and...taking it one game at a time.

Im enjoying things just fine. But it is only January and it’s absurd under any circumstance to declare ourselves champions in January.

We have a couple of tough games in the remainder of the month. I’m at a loss as to why people aren’t just focused on them rather than listing off scenarios where we can lose x games, draw x games.

Those scenarios aren’t going to be applicable if we keep doing what we are doing which is staying grounded and...taking it one game at a time.

Actually think it's mental behavior.

rrdmcgfhy-Kr0.jpg

The league is not won

But. The points are in the bag and Celtic resemble the Tony Mowbray season more with each passing day.

23 games of Mowbray season.

Just for the record we dropped 12 points between 30th of January and the end of the season that time around.

We won the league by 6 points in the end but we actually clinched it with 3 games to spare.
(5 of our 12 dropped points came after the league was won).

The Edu match actually put us 10 points clear with a game in hand. So 13 points effectively.
That was matchday 26.

Just to put it into context, they basically need to go on a better run than we are currently on right now to even get to 6 points behind and hoping for us to lose against other teams.

My heart is urging caution, my head is screaming that it’s over.

Nothing is won yet. Of course it isn’t. But this group of players have earned our trust, and we should enjoy them and the way they perform.

That we should revel in their pain and the agonised nature of their rapid decent, is surely not up for debate.

While I understand people being cautious due to their scar tissue of recent seasons. What is the point in being a football fan and watching football if you can’t enjoy yourself and have some fun when you’re out in front?

There is no point in brushing off all these emotions and only allowing yourself to be excited when the league is mathematically over.

Trust the process and enjoy the process altogether. The Rangers are back.

I'm old enough to remember all the examples mentioned by previous posters, 78--79, Hearts 86, Helicopter Sunday, 2008 but I'm confident we're gonna lift 55...no chance of this mentally challenged team winning all there remaining games imo.

Exercise caution?

What we need to exercise is our vocal chords in preparation for that glorious moment when we can once again triumphantly belt out -

Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.
Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Or do we need a new song for our newest team of Championees.

Always liked the 70's those were the days my friend version.

We are the Champions. We are the Champions,
We are the Champ we are the Champions.
We are the Champions. We are the Champions.
We are the Champ we are the Champions.

We should be focusing on going through the league undefeated.

Off the field we have been presented with the perfect opportunity to highlight the corruption within the Scottish game and clear out the puppets.

Moreover, Celtic should be penalised to such an extent over Dubai and Duffy that they face a fight for second place.
Agree with this. Just focus on keeping the unbeaten run going. Bin all talk of titles, Celt*c, or looking over our shoulders. That'll all take care of itself. Never look down as they say. Don't want a dizzy turn at this stage!

Back