We need a new short sharp anthem

WATP

We need a new catchy tune that can really aide with the replacement of TBB from our song book!

One that stirs the blood!

I think the UB could be seen as heroes if they help embed it too....something new that can lift the roof off!

The best way to forget anything is to have a better replacement!

sure it’s old but it is beautiful ,wait a minute have to make sure we don’t offend those downtrodden poor kafflicks .

The Chorus Tune of Snow Patrols Run is rousing....they are good Norn Iron Belfast lads too and their chasing cars anthem was used as the Lament to the Ibrox disaster.

A wee change of words to RUN and we could have a new Tune to dement our enemies with our Noise!! Player and Manager Songs come and go with the personnel we need one that remains a constant!

Rise up, Rise up
Our Rangers is our choice
We’ll ensure you loudly, hear our Noise!
The Bears will win, we have no fear!

Louder, Louder
Ever louder, have no fear!

Bouncing, Bouncing
Bouncey Bouncing, have no Fear!

Repeat

50000 screaming we are the people would be music to my ears.

That actually offends some believe it or not, but as there’s nothing offensive in the words no one can stop us singing it.
Once when we sang it loudly at Rugby Park, when I was listening on the radio, The BBC Radio Scotland match commentator, David Begg, actually stated in a really derogatory and offended manner, “I wouldn’t like to tell you what the Rangers fans are singing now”
And that was long before the banning of Gollum.

The Chorus Tune of Snow Patrols Run is rousing....they are good Norn Iron Belfast lads too and their chasing cars anthem was used as the Lament to the Ibrox disaster.

A wee change of words to RUN and we could have a new Tune to dement our enemies with our Noise!! Player and Manager Songs come and go with the personnel we need one that remains a constant!

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat
I don't dislike it but it would be a bugger to sing if you're tone deaf like me

Don't laugh, but I always liked that Europop song. Eiffel 65 blue. That chorus lends itself perfectly to "I'm blue, if I was green I would die, if I was green " etc. YouTube it. You'll no stop singing those lyrics!!

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat

Forgive me if I pass on this suggestion...

Keep the suggestions coming,there will be a lot more misses than hits but eventually we will get some to use,we might even get some crackers or even an new anthem to rival tbb.

Follow Follow... Without the ftp add ons.
Derrys walls.. Blue Sea of Ibrox... 4 lads had a dream... Wolverhampton Town... Bluebells are blue.. Build my gallows... And many many more.. We don't need to kick the papists bastards in any song they know we hate them, jobby sands was a stinking rat and needs forgotten. The wee man with the half ball on his head can worry about all the paedophiles in his flock. We have hundreds of Anthems we can sing but we all need to sing from the same sheet. Ps f() ck f. A. R. E.

I like Caledonia by frankie Miller

Scottish British and proud

Sing means a lot of different things about life

But the line “let me tell you that I love you, and I think about you all the time “ would be amazing at Ibrox sung by 50,000

I know someone released a rangers version of it but I’d just go with the original words

We need a new catchy tune that can really aide with the replacement of TBB from our song book!

One that stirs the blood!

I think the UB could be seen as heroes if they help embed it too....something new that can lift the roof off!

The best way to forget anything is to have a better replacement!

Back in the late 1960's our 'go to' song after we scored was 'We shall not be moved". It used to get belted out with gusto. Imo it would be a more than suitable replacement for TBB.

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat
It was the Bounciest bouncey bounce known to man

Not quite an anthem but I think The Stone Roses - Shoot you down would be fitting while taking them apart next week

You know it
You show it
And the time has come
To shoot you down
What a sound
When the day is done
And it all works out
I'd love to do it and you know you've always had it coming

Rangers is our football club
We are British born and bred
Our flags are blue white red

Dur dur dur dur dur dur dur dur, etc etc

Stephen Gerrard is our Manager
He is British born and bred
We’ve the most league titles in the world
No sectarian songs in our heads or / We don’t take children to our beds.

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat

I was sick in my mouth a bit after reading that.

Follow Follow... Without the ftp add ons.
Derrys walls.. Blue Sea of Ibrox... 4 lads had a dream... Wolverhampton Town... Bluebells are blue.. Build my gallows... And many many more.. We don't need to kick the papists bastards in any song they know we hate them, jobby sands was a stinking rat and needs forgotten. The wee man with the half ball on his head can worry about all the paedophiles in his flock. We have hundreds of Anthems we can sing but we all need to sing from the same sheet. Ps f() ck f. A. R. E.
I was at the "Rally round the Rangers" in the pavilion and every tune was sung with the usual passion but for me the clear winner was "Every Saturday we follow" ,hard to believe one of the new tunes is now near the top of our playlist. For now we must concentrate on "safe" tunes till we get past the predictable bickering between our different factions about which songs to sing.

The chorus to the song by Europe called walk the earth would be superb. And we walk the earth with our heads held high for the life we want yeah we got to fight, yeah we walk the earth like champions with heart and soul like champions. Stunning!

We are British born and bred
Our flags are blue white red

Stephen Gerrard is our Manager
He is British born and bred
We’ve the most league titles in the world
No sectarian songs in our heads or / We don’t take children to our beds.

Until the last line mate!
Very decent effort

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat
He said a short sharp anthem...

“Oh it’s true the boys in blue are just magic on the ball,
The Glasgow Rangers football team’s the greatest team of all”

One possible change to

Rangers Rangers
Easy okay
Look out everyone we're on our way
They tried to kill us
But we wont go away
Most successful club in the world!

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat
Snow patrol are pure shite

I think making more of an effort with individual songs for our players might be the best bet moving forward. The UB are trying to make a right effort to get the Tav song to stick, The Alfredo song is great when it rings round Ibrox, as is hey baby for Defoe. A few more catchy numbers along that lines added to Every Saturday we follow, Blue Sea of Ibrox and 4 lads had a dream and there you have a decent match day songbook.
We all love to sing the rest of our songbook but it can easily be kept for the supporters buses and functions.

As I was walking down the Copland Road,
I met a bunch of strangers,
And they said to me,
“Are you going to see,
The Famous Glasgow Rangers?”

So I took them down to Ibrox park,
To see the flags unfurled,
And they said to me,
“It’s plain to see,
You’re the best team in the world”

Some people write some songs about the land that they were born,
And some of how they fought and won their countries greatest wars,
Some people seem quite content to take another theme,
Cause I can sing a song about a famous football team

Last edited:

Rise up, Rise up

Louder, Louder

Bouncing, Bouncing

Repeat

My toes were prepared to be curled with a force that almost snapped them but I was pleasantly surprised, not bad!

Back