We need a striker

Govanfront

My previous thread was deleted due to using capitals ( I think ) but we do need a striker.
Its just frustration that we dominate so many games so much but fail to finish hence the caps in previous thread.
Louis Moult anyone ? Or that type of player.

On a positive note we won today and we are top of the league. :):):):):)

We looked utterly toothless upfront with Lafferty leading the line but at least we have Morelos back Wednesday.

More pressing aspect for me is our complete inability or refusal to shoot in and around the edge of the box. The number of times balls are crossed in or cut back and the onrushing player simply passes it on five yards to his side grinds my gears...

Lafferty doesn't suit the up front on his own tactic. I don't think he did too badly but it was always going to be difficult. If we're going to play that tactic even when Morelos isn't playing then simply put - we need another Morelos. So, where do we get one of them?

A striker isn’t our biggest problem.

Today was mainly crossed from deep floated into the box that are easy to deal with. We got to the byline once I think and there is nothing coming from the centre of the park.

We need more attack minded central midfielders.

We need more than a striker! Fúck me against any half decent side our defence is all over the place at times, we also need a midfield enforcer.

Louis Moult, the Louis Moult who has played less than 30 games since leaving Motherwell and has scored about 5 goals. That Louis Moult? He’s the answer to us struggling to finish teams off?? I didn’t realise our aspirations were to finish in the top 6.

Anyone who’s watched us recently and thinks our strikers are the problem knows nothing about football.

All our issues are with our midfield, or lack of midfield, currently.

Solanke would walk into our team despite what some folk on here would have you believe .
Without Alfredo we are toothless up front .

Midfield is the problem as long as Morelos stays fit and not suspended.
The rumours of Dowell signing would be good as he’s not scared to hit a shot,was good for Forest last season.

We need 2 imo, someone of real quality to challenge Morelos and Shankland to develop for the future.

I was thinking that this afternoon. If we continue with this pattern of play then we need a strong target man available to us.

An Andy Carroll type player. If we had that in our armoury we’d be laughing imo.

From my view in CD1 I watched Barisic ping corner after corner across from the Govan side in the 2nd half, I turned and said to my auld mate how many of they corners would Hateley or even Gough been on the end of with headers and just being in the right place.
Agree with you there, we should be scoring more from the corners we get. As I said we could do with another striker but moult is a no for me

If BB keeps playing like he did today we have the starting back 4 which will of course get tweaked from time to time. Think we’re good for wide players so that leaves a striker and a creative midfielder. The other midfielders need to defend better in front of out cb’s and in support of our fullbacks. They also need to work harder pressing when we don’t have the ball.

Again options are:
Fran Sol
Lawrence Shankland (Please take a low risk punt on him)
Elvir Koljic
João Klauss De Mello (Replaced Morelos at HJK)
Dominic Solanke (Loan)
Robert Skov (brought to my attention on twitter by football Stewart who was the SPFL Radar Edit: He's a winger lol)
Marko Livaja (Aek)
Heber (If we go back to Croatia maybe this guy HNK Rijeka)
Milan Pavkov (Red Star)
Antonio Colak (On loan at Rijeka from Hoffenheim)
El Fardou Mohamed Ben Nabouhane (Red Star AKA Ben)
Just to name a few lol.

Even more than a striker, midfielders who can go past a man and go beyond the ball. We're a wee bit safe and predictable. Get the ball, get it wide, cross it from 22 yards out into the striker.

Louis Moult?

Ffs gies peace

Louis Moult anyone ? Or that type of player.

Its my opinion and I am obviously not a football manager but I feel we need a clinical finisher.
We have possession for large parts of matches in the penalty area most games but fail to put the ball in the net.
How many corners today without even a shot on goal ?

Louis moult has a great record up here and hes the type of striker whos suited to the scottish game he wpuld be better cover than lafferty

Latest posts

Back