We need the fear factor back.

TheWhiteHackle

Thing is I genuinely believe man for man we're up there. When teams play Celtic they are beat before they enter the field of play. They give them too much much respect and stand off them and try and play a counter attacking game and hopefully sucker punch them. When teams like Aberdeen try and hit them they do well. When teams play us they fancy their chances and come and give us a go. We need to install the fear factor again we need teams to come and know they have no chance. The way to do that is winning games on the bounce. We're the famous FFS. Rome wasn't built in a day. It all starts on Tuesday and then on to the weekend. Thats the catalyst for starting something.

I agree with the sentiment, Man Utd lost their fear factor when Fergie left and it is taking them time to improve, since 2012 we've taken a hell of a kicking and look weak.

We will get it back, but it takes time. Pedro has already came out and said that he finds teams giving us more respect than they did last season, and that's a sign that teams are becoming more worried about playing us.

What we need to do is to be killing off games when we are on top and not giving teams a way back into games. That way we are more likely to see other teams heads go down when we score first.

Only way we'll get it back is to win matches. Go on a run (or a few runs) of form. Say 6-7 wins on the bounce which includes a couple of high scoring margins.

Over to you Pedro..

You only get it by being convincing and winning games. We never look convincing and we always look liable to concede even when we are playing a team off the park. Sadly we give teams a competitive advantage when we play them by looking weak defensively week in week out.

Walter's teams had the opposition beaten before we even kicked a ball against them more often than not.

Dishing out a few hammerings is what gets the fear factor back (a single goal win against the dhims on Saturday would even help).

Its about time that we went out and crushed teams instead of going one up and passing around them. Our team , not just the defence , all make stupid mistakes and gift possession that gives the opposition hope of a goal . Score five goals first then starve them of the ball.

The OP is spot on. Been saying for weeks that we need to get back to teams shitting it to play us.

These teams who fancy their chances every week against us are the same teams who are mentally defeated before a ball is kicked when they play the scum.

The only way we get that mentality back is to start putting teams to the sword on a regular basis again. Unfortunately we don't look capable of putting a run of wins together at the minute.

A win on Saturday would be absolutely massive psychologically.

Consistently win big games and hammer the teams down near the bottom.

Fear will follow.

Its going to take longer than one season in the Premiership to get that fear factor back, we were sent to the bottom tier o f Scottish Football. Teams no longer fear us, that only comes with victories and trophies. It will come back, but we need patience.

We have to earn the "fear factor", teams quite rightly don't fear playing us at the moment because they know if they get in our faces we struggle. We need to turn Ibrox into a fortress by going on a relentless winning streak, only then will teams fear playing us.

I remember when Walter came back it took a number of games before teams feared us again. We were difficult to beat and dogged for a couple of months and then we dished out a couple of pumpings at Ibrox, and there it was.

I see what you are saying, but I would honestly teams try and give us a game.

If we are good enough we will use that to expose space and, in theory, it should make it easier to create chances rather than trying to pass the ball through a wall of players only willing to try and counter.

As much as I say this, I do agree with you on the fact that we need to up the fear factor, however we will only do this by skelping teams time and time again.

Most teams now come to Ibrox with a belief they can get something from the game except hertz who parked the bus. It's going to take a while to change that. I think the mhanks have a stronger squad but if we get in their faces from the first whistle and don't allow them to intimidate we should give them a run for their money. Any dubious tackles crowd the ref and the culprit to force the ref to react

Back